Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will the wedding dress still be a wedding dress on male characters?

firstdecan
firstdecan
✭✭✭✭✭
I hope so. I expect to see entire armies of angry brides on the fields of cyrodiil.
  • grimjim398
    grimjim398
    ✭✭✭
    What a joke this game is going to be now. I wonder what the lore-lovers and immersionists are going to think about this. I am so glad I will not be here to see it.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grimjim398 wrote: »
    What a joke this game is going to be now. I wonder what the lore-lovers and immersionists are going to think about this. I am so glad I will not be here to see it.

Nothing, because in Every previous ES game you could find normal,dress, raggedy,etc clothes randomly or buy them and wear them.
    ~Thallen~
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As an RPer. I think itll be hilarious.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Steven Tyler voice "Dude looks like a lady". Then "she" turns around and "he" is a nord in a dress.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Half the community will be like "zomg! A dude in a wedding dress, my immersion is broken!"

The other half will be like, "It's 2015! Why can't a dude wear a wedding dress!?"

Rage on. And on. And on....
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you against equal rights in Tamriel?
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh god I hope so.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it will be the same for a man, even back in medieval times you had crazy nobles and others who would wear women's clothing.

Cross dressing and transgender stuff isn't new
    Edited by RedTalon on January 23, 2015 6:15PM
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet you are still here.....Have a good day sir
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never had the urge to wear a wedding dress, even in a game. But, hey, whatever floats your boat......
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I've never had the urge to wear a wedding dress, even in a game. But, hey, whatever floats your boat......

Oh it can be fun to due mainly cause it bothers people who are socially uptight

Edited by RedTalon on January 23, 2015 6:22PM
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing, because in Every previous ES game you could find normal,dress, raggedy,etc clothes randomly or buy them and wear them.

You didn't need stats in those games. They were so easy to cheese (not really an insult, they are single player games) it's not even funny.
  • Kaizxen
    Kaizxen
    ✭✭✭
    If the policy is going to be that costume models do not change based on the character's gender, then when they eventually add a male speedo model, it better not change on female characters.

"Equality" could potentially work in everyone's favor. However, I don't see it happening that way. ;)
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

Laughable.

In a single player game, you create your own "immersion"... in a multiplayer game, others can affect that "immersion".

Remember how much ZOS has talked about "immersion" with their talk on the UI?

So... fine... troll people who don't want to see PVP DKs in wedding dresses marching on keeps.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning on having a nice frilly wedding dress for my hairy, bearded Nord who looks like he has just been dragged through a dungeon backwards. I think it will be a nice look for him.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, okay, then. As long as I don't have to wear heels too. B)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »

Laughable.

In a single player game, you create your own "immersion"... in a multiplayer game, others can affect that "immersion".

So... fine... troll people who don't want to see PVP DKs in wedding dresses marching on keeps.

Is men wearing dresses considered trolling now?
    ----
    Murray?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My GUESS is that there are male and female versions of it (just like all the other costumes and armor) and it just depends on whether you put it on a male or female toon. Though I have to admit a sneaking part of me hopes that isn't true and that we can totally have big burly Nord and Orc dudes in wedding dresses... >.>

Also, I think the damn thing is pretty ugly. It's nothing more than a peasant blouse and long skirt. Booooring!
    Edited by MornaBaine on January 23, 2015 6:48PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better:
    You put it on a male character, you get your character's head on the slight frame the showed the dress on in the video.

Or as someone in another thread pointed out, I want to see a PVP video full of these dresses to the tune of "White Wedding"
    Edited by phreatophile on January 23, 2015 7:09PM
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not about man wearing a dress, it is about man wearing a dress and still really have heavy armor in reality...

Also in ranks of military, which we are by the way when waging war on Cyrodil, there is a dress code. Dress code not meaning you wear wedding dress or any other clothing than the assigned armor (Which sadly is not happening as of yet.)
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering we already have armies of servants (that costume looks horrid by the way) and skeletons running around in Cyrodiil, I don't think my immersion would break with the addition of armies of brides, jesters and chefs. If anything it would be a nice change of scenery.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »

Laughable.

Lol, laughable also if you play pvp for immersion then you break your own speech then given all the names people use for pvp chars which can't list cause of rules of conduct.

Also there are a number of disguises also you can wear in pvp, take it that shouldn't be allowed also, like that skeleton outfit since people aren't skeletons and so on?

But don't really see cross dressing has immersion breaking, but then again study history and so on, nothing wrong with a little cross dressing in such a setting especially since its magical fantasy in a medieval setting. -shrugs-

But to each their own also.

But in any case you make an off hand comment and it always end in some serious stuff that provide fun times.

Just my two crowns on the matter anyhow, people pick and choose what breaks their immersion in the end.

Sorry for typos and errors.
    Edited by RedTalon on January 23, 2015 7:18PM
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on doing a PvP event....with everyone in wedding dresses
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did he say angry brides or angry birds? Lol!
    Don't think I could fight a cross-dressing barbarian. It would just be too weird!
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on January 23, 2015 7:31PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    wedding dress, panda hat and boxing gloves with clown shoes.
    here i come!
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brienne of Tarth wears dudes armor...and threw the Hound off a Mountain. Just saying it's all good
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    firstdecan wrote: »
    I hope so. I expect to see entire armies of angry brides on the fields of cyrodiil.

Yes, male characters will be able to rock the wedding dress as a dress.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think, the first few times I see a zerg of jesters or wedding dresses coming at me I will probably die of laughter before they even get a shot in. ;)

and I'm looking forward to that video, too
    Edited by Xendyn on January 23, 2015 7:39PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Emencie
    Emencie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skeleton outfit? That is fine.
    Servant clothing? We are OK with that.
    Cook costumes on the battlefield? That doesn't really break lore.
    Jesters attacking keeps? Makes perfect sense.
    Wedding dress wearing front line soldiers? Nothing wrong there.

Pink sword? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!? Never ever let us dye weapons!
    Edited by Emencie on January 23, 2015 7:40PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighting in a wedding dress is actually already part of the lore. In exceptional circumstances admittedly, but still:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wraith's_Wedding_Dowry
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"