The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will the wedding dress still be a wedding dress on male characters?

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope... the cash shop isn't going to make Cyrodil feel like a Korean grinder where people are running around riding Pink Unicorns with giant swords at all.

Nope, not one bit.
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    At least this will break up the Skeleton hordes in Cyrodil.

Instead of skeleton hordes we'll have:
    • Jester Hordes
    • Male Nord in Wedding Dress Hordes, riding Guars
    • Chef Hordes
    • Blacksmith Hordes

Yep, that'll make PvP so much more fun and immersive.

As long as we can have Billy Idol playing in the background it will all make sense.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Snip.

As long as we can have Billy Idol playing in the background it will all make sense.

Buwahah.. you win the forums!
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wedding dress will look so hot on my black scaled Argonian with his huge red mohawk.
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    For those here and elsewhere that are crying about this, if you want immersion take a bath, it's a game relax or go away.

Is men wearing dresses considered trolling now?

Only if they aren't free-ballin....bow chicka wow wow

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I'd ever buy that dress is to join a group of fellow bearded burly Nords and run around looking silly. I have no plans of actually roleplaying a wedding and anyway, my main wouldn't be wearing a dress if that ever happened, she's definitely a tuxedo type.

I don't see why it breaks immersion. It's very realistic, any of you can do it in real life. ;) But I have to admit, Cyrodiil will be... interesting.
    Edited by Rosveen on January 24, 2015 1:55AM
  • Blonde_Ambition93
    Miszou wrote: »
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Half the community will be like "zomg! A dude in a wedding dress, my immersion is broken!"

The other half will be like, "It's 2015! Why can't a dude wear a wedding dress!?"

Rage on. And on. And on....

I agree, it is 2015 so it shouldn't be to shocking to see a man in drag :p
    Anyone seen a drag show??

Gay men shaking their groove "thangs" on stage is just entertaining, coming from a woman's perspective :3

Anyway, the "it's 2015" statement does not quite work in this instance unfortunately, because logically speaking.. it's not 2015 in tamriel :neutral_face:
  • Maidenname
    Maidenname
    ✭✭✭
    @ zinaBrunos said .......

"Yes, male characters will be able to rock the wedding dress as a dress."

YES! Can't wait to get me hands on one yo!....

ATLANTA-BRAVES-MAN-WEDDING-DRESS.jpg

Edited by Maidenname on January 31, 2015 3:19PM
    He who knows others is intelligent; he who understands himself is enlightened;
    He who is able to conquer others has force, but he who is able to control himself is mighty.

*** Beta player
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be the same for a man, even back in medieval times you had crazy nobles and others who would wear women's clothing.

Cross dressing and transgender stuff isn't new

Watched Shakespeare in love yesterday...you know in earth medieval times females were not allowed to be actors....so all women were played by men! Just food for thought ...
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be the same for a man, even back in medieval times you had crazy nobles and others who would wear women's clothing.

Cross dressing and transgender stuff isn't new

Watched Shakespeare in love yesterday...you know in earth medieval times females were not allowed to be actors....so all women were played by men! Just food for thought ...

How is that different from a modern MMO? Just sayin.....
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must put my Nord in a wedding dress.

Big, muscly, tattoo'd, massive warhammer in a dress .... FEAR ME.
  • ZeroNeonix
    ZeroNeonix
    ✭✭
    Guys, relax.

1. Every other costume up to this point has had a male and a female variety. I'm quite certain that the male variety of the "wedding dress" will just be gender-appropriate fancy clothing.

2. Some costumes cannot be equipped in Cyrodiil, such as the one that turns you into a cloud of moths. Hopefully this includes costumes like the wedding dress.

3. You have to buy the dress with crowns in order to wear it. I doubt there are that many people willing to spend their cash or monthly allotted crowns just to run around looking ridiculous.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroNeonix wrote: »
    3. You have to buy the dress with crowns in order to wear it. I doubt there are that many people willing to spend their cash or monthly allotted crowns just to run around looking ridiculous.

You'd be surprised.

Quite a lot of folk love doing stuff like that for a bit of fun.
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, relax.

1. Every other costume up to this point has had a male and a female variety. I'm quite certain that the male variety of the "wedding dress" will just be gender-appropriate fancy clothing.

2. Some costumes cannot be equipped in Cyrodiil, such as the one that turns you into a cloud of moths. Hopefully this includes costumes like the wedding dress.

1 - It was "confirmed" earlier in the thread by a ZOS employee that it will be a dress on male characters. The only thing I found disappointing about that is there won't be a side saddle riding animation. I may have to iron my dress before waging battle in Cyrodiil.

2 - Most costumes are available. The costume that turns you into a cloud of moths (Kalliopi Essence) was specifically disallowed because it made players too hard to see. I just logged in to double check, I was able to put on 5 different disguises, and the Kalliopi Essence disguise specifically says it will not work in Cyrodiil.

3 - We're all grown adults with disposable income to spend on a subscription in a game. I guarantee you that there will be zerg's of wedding dress clad warriors on the battlefields of Cyrodiil. The dress will cost less than going out to a movie, and many people will consider it more entertaining.

Now, the only thing remaining is to get a giant peacock mount to go with my wedding dress...

• Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    Before dyes were actually in the game but we knew they were coming, some people were saying that pink dye will ruin their immersion because everyone would have dyed their armor pink.

OFC it didn't happen.

My male orc is looking forward to wear that dress tough :3
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'd be surprised.

Quite a lot of folk love doing stuff like that for a bit of fun.

Wholehartedly agree with this... in LotrO there are people who play dwarves in dresses all the time. Since as we know "there are no dwarf women..." you create a dwarf, name "her" something female and then dress her in... dresses.

Last time I was on Bradywine, someone organized an all female dwarf run into Dol Guldur... since the cosmetic system in LotrO allows you to override all your armor, all the dwarves had on fancy dresses and plumage hats. It was absoultely hilarious :)
  • ZeroNeonix
    ZeroNeonix
    ✭✭
    Vunter wrote: »
    Before dyes were actually in the game but we knew they were coming, some people were saying that pink dye will ruin their immersion because everyone would have dyed their armor pink.

OFC it didn't happen.

My male orc is looking forward to wear that dress tough :3

I don't believe I've seen a hot-pink dye in the game yet. Maybe I missed it, but it seemed to me that there were just various shades of red.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grimjim398 wrote: »
    What a joke this game is going to be now. I wonder what the lore-lovers and immersionists are going to think about this. I am so glad I will not be here to see it.

I almost thought I would go 1 day without hearing/reading something this ridiculous. Please don't* let the door hit you on the way out.

*do.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps a male version of the wedding dress, as seen in Skyrim for example, can also be introduced. Can also be worn regardless of gender, of course.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a game where they seem to be sucking all of our fun away, people are seriously going to get upset about men in dresses? LOL Mage robes. Dudes wear them, even when they have the option for jerkin with pants instead! Lighten up guys, its just a bit of fun!! :smiley:
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be region specific ( like a High Elf type wedding dress or a Argonian type wedding dress) wedding dresses or just one type? I'd really like to see the different wedding dresses by culture.
    Edited by LuxLunae on February 1, 2015 4:47AM
  • ZeroNeonix
    ZeroNeonix
    ✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    Will there be region specific ( like a High Elf type wedding dress or a Argonian type wedding dress) wedding dresses or just one type? I'd really like to see the different wedding dresses by culture.

Suggest it here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/146991/crown-store-item-wish-list/p1
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so. I expect to see entire armies of angry brides on the fields of cyrodiil.

Yes, male characters will be able to rock the wedding dress as a dress.

george-costanza-gives-up.gif
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, the only thing remaining is to get a giant peacock mount to go with my wedding dress...

Wrong game mate.
    b504b745f921c5277c78503ba3c15431d141cace.jpg

What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    NotSo wrote: »
    What I need is a Tuxedo. Big khajiit warrior laying waste to my enemies in style.

^^^ This!! Why is there a wedding dress but no tuxedo (or lore-fitting type fancy man clothes)??? Love the dress, sadly disappointed there is no manly pants-based counterpart.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so. I expect to see entire armies of angry brides on the fields of cyrodiil.

Why wouldn't they get a Tuxedo then? Or do only female characters get to get married in a dress, where the men have to show with bloody sweat stained armor?

There should be formal wear intended for males too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I've never had the urge to wear a wedding dress, even in a game. But, hey, whatever floats your boat......

Well said. Neither have I.
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Drawberrry
    Drawberrry
    ✭✭✭
    grimjim398 wrote: »
    What a joke this game is going to be now. I wonder what the lore-lovers and immersionists are going to think about this. I am so glad I will not be here to see it.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride eh?
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Why wouldn't they get a Tuxedo then? Or do only female characters get to get married in a dress, where the men have to show with bloody sweat stained armor?

There should be formal wear intended for males too.

According to the internetz, Tuxedos did not exist until the 1860s, although tailcoats did exist a bit before then. Might be a bit out of place in a 'high fantasy' setting. Wedding dresses have existed forever, as did cross dressing, so strangely enough it seems less out of place than a tux.

Men's formal wear seems to consist mostly of variations on tunics and robes, which we already have. Plus with the justice system out, we may have to worry about sumptuary laws.

I only did a quick Google search, anyone who wants is more than welcome to suggest appropriate formal wear for men.
  • log234
    log234
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    First ever Emperor of Dawnbreaker (EU)

Aldmeri Dominion:
    • Aendir Celion (Former Emperor): Bosmer - NB - Bow & DW
    • Varda Eléntari: Imperial - Templar - DW

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who needs a bot to finish a game.

Meridia, Stendarr, Dibella and Julianos