The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial City will be DLC (it seems)

david.haypreub18_ESO
david.haypreub18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Check out the exchange in this thread where Gina said Tamriel Unlimited will include everything up to 1.6. When pressed to say whether Imperial City would be DLC, she didn't answer directly (which was kind of telling), but said they'd talk about DLC in the future: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/147390/will-imperial-city-and-full-justice-be-included-in-tamriel-unlimited/p1

If that's the case, I wouldn't expect Imperial City before June.
Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on January 22, 2015 9:23PM
Templars are 'just slower... by design'
Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
VR 16 Sorcerer
38 Nightblade
24 DK
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they can make it DLC it's part of Cyrodiil. A piece of the Cyrodiil meta.

I"VE BEEN WRONG BEFORE THOUGH

When's the last time anyone has heard from Wheeler? October? Is he still employed? j/k, but really when's the last time?
    Edited by TheBull on January 22, 2015 11:54PM
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine they'd sell "passes" to the Imperial City. Limited use passes on the cheap and an unlimited pass for whatever they're going to price large content on the store.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial City is PVE ( Payment Very Expensive )
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally believe that the Imperial City will be a DLC but I'm very much against this notion.

The imperial city is intrinsic to AvA's design. it is a bugfix, not an improvement.
    It's the equivalent of Darkness Falls in DAOC's RvR, Cyrodill isn't complete without it.

Also ,we already paid for its development with our subs. It's outrageous that we'll be expected to pay for it again through crowns.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they haven't confirmed one way or the other whether it will be paid DLC or not, we should take the time to convince them why it should not be.

They said, when giving examples of paid DLC, that they would be scaled to your level and accessible straight away. This cannot happen with IC, as you have to own all the Home Keeps to get in. Meaning, even if you own the content, you may not be able to access it. Conversely, those who do not own it would not be able to get in despite spending hours earning the access in Cyrodiil.

Also, the amount of info we have been given about it, and the length of time we have been waiting for it for, considering it is supposed to be part of the main PvP experience, would suggest to me that it would be more appropriate as one of the "regular updates and new gameplay [which] will be offered to all players to enjoy free of additional charges".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you stay subbed will you get that content included in your sub-price? I think so if I read correctly.

I am likely going to remain subbed for as long as I play. I can afford to subsidize the fodder for some good times. Also, I doubt they will make a pay-gate for this sort of content. Imagine the tears in your own faction from free players, "Why should we hold the home keeps for others when as soon as we do they leave for their payed content and we are stuck holding keeps with half the players now so some people can get special stuff we can't". You can see how that won't work.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or you can see how that would be a great incentive for players to spend money on the game.

This is a f2p change, every thing you think would make you annoyed is fair game for them to put in the store. And since they are starting with a DLC focused approach first, every which way they can make the players feel sgregated or make them feel they are "missing out", they will.

Expect amazing bind on pickup sets for PvP to be locked aways in DLC dungeons.