Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Chillrend NA - All Hail Emperor Whituryd

Rylana
Rylana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Guild of Shadows would like to extend thanks to Divine Force and co. for the awesome late night battle on Chillrend tonight/this morning. We had planned an emp crown raid tonight by chance, and you guys showed up and got emp an hour before it was meant to start.

It was an interesting meetup on the blue buff server, yellow crowns emp, and red dethrones and crowns their own emp 2 hours later.

Hail Zazeer, Liberator of Chillrend, Dethroner of the Divines, and Savior of AD.

Hail Whituryd as the strong arm of Zazeer to hold Chillrend as long as he can.

And thanks to the AD that put up a good last minute fight at Roebeck/Ash, was a very satisfying back and forth on that ring where we thought we would wipe a half dozen times.

Also thanks to the other reds of Chillrend who told us when we got a guy to the top of the boards that "we wont help you crown" thats okay, you didnt have to.

Looking forward to more battles down the line.

Edited by Rylana on January 22, 2015 2:02PM
@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • shunex
    shunex
    ✭✭
    Grats Whit well deserved!
    Shunex - VR14 Templar - Heal Slave
    Guild Of Shadows
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the best battles put up by DiE this take. Well fought.
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL HAIL THE ALBINO LIZARD.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Vulcan2010
    Vulcan2010
    Soul Shriven
    Grats Whit! And tons of fun fighting DiE!
    Lews Therin Telemon
    Ebonheart Pact, Sorcerer
    Destroyer of buff servers, GoS Primary Shitposter
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All Hail Whit!
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats Mad Panda! Wish I could have helped, but stupid work requiring me to sleep. :(
  • kenpachi480
    kenpachi480
    ✭✭✭
    Gratz Whit

last keep crowning of Whituryd
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JwzTl0npBs&amp;edit=vd
    Edited by kenpachi480 on January 22, 2015 6:08PM
    Pain and Dead are the cost to the enjoyment of Battle

Captain Otter Wildwater - DK - V12 - EP
    GoS Vassal - Templar - V16 - EP
    Captain Izanagi Tsukiko - Sorc - still lvling - EP

Best selfclaimed Healer of Ebonheart Pact NA
  • Djdrago
    Djdrago
    ✭✭
    Allways night capping-.-
    Sir Terric - DC Stam NB
    Djdrago - DC Stam DK
    The Orphan Maker - DC Stam Sorc
    Wrecker - DC Stam Templar
    King Terric - DC Mag Templar
    Miss Terric - DC Mag Sorcer
    Lady Terric - DC Mag DK
    Sïr Tërric - DC Mag NB

Youtube
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. Isn't Zazeer EP? I remember him/her being EP a few months ago, anyways. Did he/she delete his EP and go AD, or did he/she make an AD alt?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know exactly how blue feels when AD and EP fight over the Emperorship on Chill. They feel BLUE.

Gratz on Emp!
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gratz on Emp

I went into chill last night because i was bored on Haderus, thanks for providing some action, got the last 40K AP i needed for the V14 ring i wanted out of the Elite Vendor :) Was some nice action.

Gtaz again on Emp, hope for more reigns in the future! I say this as DC..im not a fan of buff servers...so the more fighting the merrier, keep it coming folks!

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know exactly how blue feels when AD and EP fight over the Emperorship on Chill. They feel BLUE.

Gratz on Emp!

hahaha as DC, i gotta admit, that was good! LOL

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused. Isn't Zazeer EP? I remember him/her being EP a few months ago, anyways. Did he/she delete his EP and go AD, or did he/she make an AD alt?

I am many things

Update: whituryd just got dethroned, fought 5hours non stop intense battles until finally it came to and end, Good job EP, congrats whit
    Edited by mjspnrb18_ESO on January 22, 2015 7:35PM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am many things

Update: whituryd just got dethroned, fought 5hours non stop intense battles until finally it came to and end, Good job EP, congrats whit

Never mind, I'm thinking of Zintair, not Zazeer. My mistake. Never mind. Carry on.

fdCVY12.jpg?1
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 22, 2015 7:54PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, congrats on waiting for us to go to sleep. Oh and look, you've already lost the crown.
    [DC/NA]
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is all of this Emp farming by DiE and Red guilds on buff servers suddenly acceptable? Am I missing something?
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Why is all of this Emp farming by DiE and Red guilds on buff servers suddenly acceptable? Am I missing something?

M'iaq know the answer you seek. M'iaq believes that buff servers, as you call them, are detrimental to the game and do not foster an appropriate level of bloodlust. M'iaq may be honest, but he is by no means a peaceful creature.

M'iaq wonders, why would persons who enjoy only fighting monsters with minimal intellect and predictable maneuvers care about fighting other sentients? This makes no sense. If one does not enjoy something, one should not try to gain these "buffs" from it, yes?

As for night capping, M'iaq sleeps when the sun has risen. M'iaq wishes that day capping were no longer an acceptable practice, as it is unfair to M'iaq and his friends.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »

M'iaq know the answer you seek. M'iaq believes that buff servers, as you call them, are detrimental to the game and do not foster an appropriate level of bloodlust. M'iaq may be honest, but he is by no means a peaceful creature.

M'iaq wonders, why would persons who enjoy only fighting monsters with minimal intellect and predictable maneuvers care about fighting other sentients? This makes no sense. If one does not enjoy something, one should not try to gain these "buffs" from it, yes?

As for night capping, M'iaq sleeps when the sun has risen. M'iaq wishes that day capping were no longer an acceptable practice, as it is unfair to M'iaq and his friends.

This is not the answer I seek.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

This isn't emp farming, its legitimate pushes and attempts to dislodge DC from childrend, the map is now half yellow and half red, GG DC
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This isn't emp farming, its legitimate pushes and attempts to dislodge DC from childrend, the map is now half yellow and half red, GG DC

Hey whatever floats your boat, please carry on. As DC ill grab my popcorn and watch the QQ commence.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

Hey whatever floats your boat, please carry on. As DC ill grab my popcorn and watch the QQ commence.

It isn't PvDoor when two of three factions act at the same time of day. Blues are the only group that isn't active during the night. The fact that a map is half one color and half another shows that those two factions were active at around the same time while the third was absent.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    Implying Alacrity never capped an emp on a buff server. We get it you hate DiE, IR and Havoc but please come up with material that doesn't make you a hypocrite.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flawlless wrote: »
    Implying Alacrity never capped an emp on a buff server. We get it you hate DiE, IR and Havoc but please come up with material that doesn't make you a hypocrite.

Can you clarify when we did that? I don't recall ever doing it. All of our guild emps have been on Thornblade.
    Edited by Tripwyr on January 23, 2015 6:10AM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A legitimate attempt to dislodge would occur when DC was on the server.

The attempt yesterday where AD brought three Thorn guilds at the same time and EP brought one Thorn guild was a legitimate attempt and they were pushed back from Ash while I was on. Apparently they must have come back when DC people headed off to push for Emp.

To clarify I don't see a problem with when people come to Chill, but I don't think you can honestly claim you are coming to dislodge DC if they aren't there.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since when is it not? Thats always been an acceptable part of the game for a lot of guilds.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats Whit, twas well deserved :p
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭

The attempt yesterday where AD brought three Thorn guilds at the same time and EP brought one Thorn guild was a legitimate attempt and they were pushed back from Ash while I was on. Apparently they must have come back when DC people headed off to push for Emp.

To clarify I don't see a problem with when people come to Chill, but I don't think you can honestly claim you are coming to dislodge DC if they aren't there.

Implying that an attempt is only legitimate when the faction or factions attempting face insurmountable numbers is ridiculous.

Playing when you're normally online or awake isn't some cheap trick, it is just the way things work in an MMO with PvP of this type. It'd be like me saying any attempt to flip my home server after it has been turned red while I sleep during the day makes such an attempt illegitimate. When a server is known to be a PvE buff server where overwhelming numbers of DC prevent any of the other two factions from crowning during daylight hours, the only sound way to dislodge that faction is to strike their weakness, which is that PvE players don't bother to play at night. It just so happens that we have a whole guild that can and often does mobilize during those hours.

Our goal has been clearly stated. We want to destroy any semblance of the dead campaigns known as buff servers. Those who use PvP solely for PvE buffs will tire of having to flip maps and eventually leave the PvP in a better state where other factions stand a chance in other servers aside from thorn. We started with our own faction's server, and look at what has happened there.

If you don't agree with our goals, come and stop us. We are happy to fight you.

The fact that we are running into at least one other faction (usually the other weaker faction on the given buff server) shows that we are not alone in this mission.

Down with buff servers.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Implying that an attempt is only legitimate when the faction or factions attempting face insurmountable numbers is ridiculous.

Playing when you're normally online or awake isn't some cheap trick, it is just the way things work in an MMO with PvP of this type. It'd be like me saying any attempt to flip my home server after it has been turned red while I sleep during the day makes such an attempt illegitimate. When a server is known to be a PvE buff server where overwhelming numbers of DC prevent any of the other two factions from crowning during daylight hours, the only sound way to dislodge that faction is to strike their weakness, which is that PvE players don't bother to play at night. It just so happens that we have a whole guild that can and often does mobilize during those hours.

Our goal has been clearly stated. We want to destroy any semblance of the dead campaigns known as buff servers. Those who use PvP solely for PvE buffs will tire of having to flip maps and eventually leave the PvP in a better state where other factions stand a chance in other servers aside from thorn. We started with our own faction's server, and look at what has happened there.

The fact that we are running into at least one other faction (usually the other weaker faction on the given buff server) shows that we are not alone in this mission.

Down with buff servers.

Haderus was crushed by reds and blues, Azuras Star was crushed by yellows, Chillrend was crushed by yellows and reds, now we just need to bring competitive PvP back to Azuras, last I checked it was all yellow...
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Down with buff servers.

^
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    Flawlless wrote: »

Can you clarify when we did that? I don't recall ever doing it. All of our guild emps have been on Thornblade.

Talos Stormcloak on Azura's Star. It's funny you don't recall because it wasn't that long ago and I remember you being there.