Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barber/appearance changes ingame. Sooner or later?

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
Some of us like to change some appearance options like hairstyles, adornments, beard, jewelry, skintone/tan while playing to keep characters look fresh or simply change some minor thing that was great while creting character but was not so good while playing like hairstyle clipping with shield for example.

Some of us think this is important part of game, some do not. Some even think it is irrelevant for reason or another.

My personal opinion is, that this should be a standard for modern MMORPG and should be available from launch with reasonable cost by ingame currency (Gold)
Edited by Tapio75 on December 29, 2014 9:10PM
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<

Barber/appearance changes ingame. Sooner or later? 98 votes

Sooner
78%
PolskiBunny_ESOSweetroll-BanditThe_Guilty_Partyaeonspawnwir3sh4rkPsychobunniTess_PhyreforgeKesstrylEsha76ThatNeonZebraAgainPheefsSeliqueDreamo84FaulgorMyrdautMoonshadow66ZaeniddLark82AriBohItsGlaive 77 votes
Later
13%
AhdoraTheLawers101284b14_ESOJandoOrangeTheCatElder_IIIhanskaliherub17_ESOelias.stormneb18_ESOElsonsoLord_DraevanDivad ZarnTandorKuro1n 13 votes
Irrelevant
7%
otis67Kevinmoncs_spitfireb16_ESOHeishiTavore1138ChesimacMarenne 7 votes
Other
1%
kevlarto_ESO 1 vote
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    I made my toon with a tat of the DC logo on her chest /regret couldn't figure out how to change it at the time and just wanted to get under way. having said that there is a [snip] that needs work...

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on January 19, 2015 7:58PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    I absolutely hate the body of my main character. He was the first char I made at release, and I didn't know yet how different armors would look on certain body shapes. His legs are so short and spindly that anything but a robe or skirt looks absolutely ridiculous.

This is a really important feature for player types like myself who put a lot of importance on the appearance of their character, using inferior armor just because it looks better, or roleplaying specific characters only because there's a certain interesting look available.

So yes, sooner. Soonest.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    help!! I made a mistake!

No, I did NOT realize I was giving my Aldmeri Dominion character a huge Ebonheart Pact tattoo on her chest.....

whoops!
    :blush:
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    I'm happy with my toons appearances. But yeah, it would be a nice feature for those that wish to change their characters look.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    I'm tired of waiting for them to build the game we should have had at launch. You know, the one with the Champion System, Justice System, Spellcrafting and the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. We should already be playing THAT game and the "fluff" should be what is being implemented at a steady pace now, with a fully robust Player Housing system (to say nothing of radical character customization) as the crowning achievement of its first anniversary. But since $$ were all the powers that be behind this game could see they failed to take the extra year of development that would have required, counting on plenty of us being willing to pay to be beta testers instead.

That being the case, they need to be developing and implementing the "fluff" right alongside these systems they are working on now and releasing them in tandem. And if they need to hire more people to make that happen, so be it. After all, we've certainly been paying them enough.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    Please please sooner! I was affected by the "no zoom into face" bug at launch.This means I didn't notice that I picked the eyebrows that slant at a 45 degree angle up from the nose. My main character now has "serious face" all the time. I would also love if jewellery was visible,new hairstyles,new tattoos, being able to use the dance emotes for both genders, vamp and werewolf emotes..etc etc..
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooner!

9272_oklahoma_sooners-wordmark-0.png
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I'm tired of waiting for them to build the game we should have had at launch. You know, the one with the Champion System, Justice System, Spellcrafting and the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. We should already be playing THAT game and the "fluff" should be what is being implemented at a steady pace now, with a fully robust Player Housing system (to say nothing of radical character customization) as the crowning achievement of its first anniversary. But since $$ were all the powers that be behind this game could see they failed to take the extra year of development that would have required, counting on plenty of us being willing to pay to be beta testers instead.

That being the case, they need to be developing and implementing the "fluff" right alongside these systems they are working on now and releasing them in tandem. And if they need to hire more people to make that happen, so be it. After all, we've certainly been paying them enough.

It actually makes sense that they are drawing out a lot of the highly expected content like the DB, TG and Justice System. In addition getting a general feel of the game's population and what they would want, the holding of desired provides a valuable basis of attracting players back from whenever they left or attracting new players that were simply not impressed with the at-launch content.
    In addition to ensuring that their new content is likely to meet the expectations of the player base, the company can likely faithfully bring out the desired content at such a pace that it benefits the player's appetite over a long period of time rather than allowing them to have the novelty value only for the beginning of a major release.
    Add in the fact that many do not consider fluff or QoL additions as 'real content' and you will find that such meager additions do not even begin to satisfy those who want a more fleshed out experience.

The way are doing things right now seems ideal.

That being said, I agree with the sentiment that fluff additions should be dashed in with major content additions. I also agree with the notion that character customization, at least in terms of a face sculptor/barber/whatever, should be implemented soon.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sooner
    A Barber shop for hair, tattoos, facial expression is about time. While I am happy with my chars and did invest a lot of time in creating them, I wouldn't mind having the ability to try out new styles.

A full body rework however will most likely never come, I don't know an MMO that offers that. Most are limited to obvious things like jewelry, markings, scars, hair style & color.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    Full redo of character appearance including body and face shape should never be part of ingame barber shop. These might be best syuted to cash shop purchaseable token.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    Full redo of character appearance including body and face shape should never be part of ingame barber shop. These might be best syuted to cash shop purchaseable token.

Either would suit me fine, my main is short. I stuck with the middle of the slider and in game he's almost like a dwarf :P
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sooner
    This really needs to be sooner. I re-rolled some alts to try to make them look better, but when I fix one thing like hair color, something else goes off because I can't remember exactly how I originally had the sliders. If we can just tweak what we currently have, then this wouldn't be an issue. We need this yesterday.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Tapio75 wrote: »

Either would suit me fine, my main is short. I stuck with the middle of the slider and in game he's almost like a dwarf :P
    I made a bosmer (the shortest race) and I put the slider all the way down to make him as short as possible, and then I made him as muscular as possible. His name is Short-and-Hard. Because life's short and hard, like a bodybuilding elf. The only one of my characters with a non-serious name...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    Yes, yes, yes.

I have several characters who I would like to fix some small detail on, and some others I would enjoy playing around a bit with different hairstyles...
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    I like my toon except I made him in closed beta and for some reason he seems to have shrunk! Most of the female NPCs are as tall or taller and as for the players they tower over me. Please give us this very simple addition to the game.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • THammer
    THammer
    Sooner
    This would be awesome to see. It is odd that it was not included at launch.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    They had a face sculpter in Dawnguard skyrim so its lore supported.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner
    Digiman wrote: »
    They had a face sculpter in Dawnguard skyrim so its lore supported.
    +1
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Irrelevant
    I care enough to vote, but only just.

I picked the look I wanted from the huge variety provided - I don't oppose your chance to primp but I can think of many more valuable things that could be made.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum