Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Less feminine robes for male mages

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
Every time i wear a robe on my male mage, no matter the style, they look like they are wearing a dress..

I would like to ask good people of ZOS to give male mages some proper mage clothing that does not feel like a dress ^^

I am not talking about timetables here.. Simply asking for some support.. They do know better when it is time to do stuff.. Well they should at least :)

Anyways, support or don't. Important is thart you vote as they say.
Edited by Tapio75 on January 17, 2015 11:42AM
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<

Less feminine robes for male mages 149 votes

Yes
43%
Maximis_ESOGallegojnjdun_ESOWraithAzraielTheLawdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOZhoyzuDcaliberGilcroixOlernkelly.medleyb14_ESOBozrahwallace.fanningb14_ESOkratssaculb16_ESOPendrillionZaeniddWodwoLuisenNavayaeserras7b16_ESO 65 votes
Other
16%
NewBlacksmurfMelianNotSoNocturnalisSoulshineRDMyers65b14_ESOKravenwookiefriseurThe_Man_From_Stygiathenshi13b16_ESOValen_Bytegdorsettub17_ESOAkhratosScamandrosdrschplattkimbohkongkimGhanima_AtreidesBBSoonerRomo 25 votes
No
39%
firstdecanAevricItsMeTooNordJitsunerevarine1138Ahdorabadmojo0777b14_ESOAzzuriaSLy_KytiMessy1OrangeTheCatAmsel_McKayDreamo84Wolfsspinner.jan_emailb16_ESOCrowzerdavidjournotb16_ESOalainjbrennanb16_ESOAriBohMaster_Fluff 59 votes
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    There's already jerkins to adress that issue.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
    Options
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I fully agree with OP and I would also add that IMO most shoulder pieces are looking out of proportion, and are way too small.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Jerkins for wearing pants, and the necromancer set if you're into short coat style...
    ...but look at fashion duiring history, pay special attention to the robes, and you'll maybe notice ESO is on target. No need to change anything there.

If anything, I would want more options like the "robe or jerkin" choice... "pants or skirt/kilt"? "hood or headband/crown"? "helmet or facemask"? Maybe also options for fur-lined winter style or sleeveless summer style clothing/armor chestpiece? The more options, the more varied character looks, the better IMO!
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that was the purpose of jerkins, but I rarely say no to more variety.

Whatever the consensus on this matter, I'd like to request that any new robes come as a separate style available to everyone. This "for male mages" part ticks me off, it brings sad memories of other games morphing perfectly good armors into *** skirts when worn by a female character. :(
    Options
  • kratssaculb16_ESO
    kratssaculb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    There's the light armor PvP set which looks really good on male chars. There could be more like that one.
    @AquahawX | Arthorn
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Thing is, Jerkins are jackets with pants.. Robes are totally different matter.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you just craft a light armor shirt ? You can now decide, if you want the chest piece with the robe thing or not. This is the male version in my opinion.

I'm using them as a female, because this makes me look less lame and makes me look more active and lively :)
    Edited by Dracane on January 17, 2015 12:16PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Whatever the consensus on this matter, I'd like to request that any new robes come as a separate style available to everyone. This "for male mages" part ticks me off, it brings sad memories of other games morphing perfectly good armors into *** skirts when worn by a female character. :(

Yes, I never liked that part either. Like I mentioned, a range for styles, let each person make their own choice.
    If someone likes their female characters in pants, they chould be able to have that.
    If someone likes their males in skirts - it would look very greco-roman with imperial style clothes, or name it a kilt and pick fights with any who dare call it otherwise... ;) well, they too should be able to make it so as well.

Personally I would prefer more options for shoulderpieces as well... it is a bit vexing how many styles have epaulettes to make the shoulders look bigger, and only altmer and ancient elf (and low level breton) offers a alternate choice...
    Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    what a question mages clothes look like that because that is the way there are supposed to look, reason is there was no set gender to mages in history.

before u start having ago and say what about warlocks, they where not gender set, warlock just means oath breaker.

so no is my answer the robes are fine as they are
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I would like to be able to remove the face mask from my Bretons hood.
    Options
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Robes are robes . . . the color is what makes it look feminine or not. I think if they added cloaks it would make male magic users look less feminine.
    Options
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This just makes me laugh, honestly. I know so many guys IRL who won't wear colors perceived as "feminine" and it's just silly. Even more so in a video game. It's okay, guys, your character's male parts won't fall off in your flowing skirt. Men in kilts seem to keep their junk in line just fine.

:D
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
    Options
  • The_Man_From_Stygia
    Other
    There is the jerkin / pants but you might gain some inspiration from this while you wear your robes...

Groundskeeper Willie: Now, the kilt was only for day-to-day wear. In battle, we donned a full-length ball gown covered in sequins. The idea was to blind your opponent with luxury.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahdora wrote: »
    This just makes me laugh, honestly. I know so many guys IRL who won't wear colors perceived as "feminine" and it's just silly. Even more so in a video game. It's okay, guys, your character's male parts won't fall off in your flowing skirt. Men in kilts seem to keep their junk in line just fine.

:D

<in grizzly very manly voice> but you see, mah junk is just extra big and I can't risk that. <snort> <spit>
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    SFBryan18 wrote: »

Daedric or Ancient Elf hood. Problem solved.

OP, I'd suggest playing a character who's comfortable enough with their sexuality that wearing robes doesn't make them feel feminine. They're traditional mage's garb in fantasy worlds.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

OP, I'd suggest playing a character who's comfortable enough with their sexuality that wearing robes doesn't make them feel feminine. They're traditional mage's garb in fantasy worlds.

Is it the same hood?
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Is it the same hood?

No. It doesn't have the face mask. That's kind of the point of different styles having different looks.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    @Tapio75: do I look feminine to you? :open_mouth:
    pZEVHAl.jpg
    Wololo.
    Options
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Is it the same hood?

No. It doesn't have the face mask. That's kind of the point of different styles having different looks.

It's not the same hood.
    eso-breton-shadowspun-light-armor-set-vr12-5.jpgDaedric-Shadowspun-Female-VR12-Epic-Right.jpgeso-ancient-elf-shadowspun-light-armor-set-vr-12-5.jpg

So no, it doesn't solve the problem. Might as well tell me to not wear a hood because other styles don't match.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on January 17, 2015 1:49PM
    Options
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEKUNQVKM6I

very old video, i hope you enjoy!!
    Edited by DarkAedin on January 17, 2015 1:50PM
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Is it the same hood?

It's not the same hood.

Quite right. I figured that two lines wouldn't make a massive difference to most players. But really, you already understand that there's a point to having different styles with different looks. Why are you asking for a massive change to the essentials of one of the racial styles? Would you also like them to remove fur from Nordic armor?
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Is it the same hood?

It's not the same hood.

Quite right. I figured that two lines wouldn't make a massive difference to most players. But really, you already understand that there's a point to having different styles with different looks. Why are you asking for a massive change to the essentials of one of the racial styles? Would you also like them to remove fur from Nordic armor?

I said the ability to remove it, not to remove it completely from everyone.

Because it blocks my face and I want to take it off, but as a Breton, I want to wear Breton armor just without the stupid mask. Is it really so hard to understand such a simple request?
    Edited by SFBryan18 on January 17, 2015 1:53PM
    Options
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.utilikilts.com/

^ kilts for construction workers - i am an ironworker, these are awesome, weather permitting :wink:
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »
    There's already jerkins to adress that issue.

Indeed, I remember us asking for this for that specific reason.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Is it the same hood?

It's not the same hood.

Because it blocks my face and I want to take it off, but as a Breton, I want to wear Breton armor just without the stupid mask. Is it really so hard to understand such a simple request?

Yes. It is.

The whole point of racial armors is that they have a specific style to them. I might as well demand that Khajiit have the option to create a helm that doesn't look like a cat's head. I have 14 other options that don't involve cat's heads.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is it the same hood?

It's not the same hood.

Yes. It is.

The whole point of racial armors is that they have a specific style to them. I might as well demand that Khajiit have the option to create a helm that doesn't look like a cat's head. I have 14 other options that don't involve cat's heads.

Agreed, if you don't like a part of a racial style, craft that piece in another racial style, for example I think Dunmer Armour looks better with Orcish Pauldrons.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on January 17, 2015 2:18PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Even though there are jerkins, thing is, can you imagine Gandalf in Jerkins?
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Even though there are jerkins, thing is, can you imagine Gandalf in Jerkins?

No. I also can't imagine Gandalf feeling feminine because he's wearing robes. Perhaps we could all take a lesson from Gandalf.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I just randomly pressed yes, because I can't agree with any of them, and I felt pressured to press one.

Personally, everything armor based is fine, except that I feel the women get better armour than the men do.

Colouring is better, shape is better.
    I'm not just saying that because I'm a guy, I'm saying that because their armour fits their models better than ours do, and I think the male armour just looks terrible overall.
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    What is so damned hard to understand that Jerkins are jackets and robes are robes? Robes on male are not feminine dresses either and all we basically have is either peasants pants and such or a dress for male mages.

i do not understand in general the opposition of more options either O_o More options, especially on clothing do not hurt anyone.

other thing i have been asking for a long time is separate dress to use with any top. Same answer, there are allready panst.. Go take a look of pictures of jackets, pants, dresses and robes and see the difference if you need education on clothing.
    Options