The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

VR Motifs and Purple Recipes

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Primal/Barbaric are Silver, Ancient Elf/Daedric are Gold. Imperial is anywhere. Can't provide anything but anecdotal evidence.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FooWasHere wrote: »

There are multiple medium and high furniture locations. DC has Wayrest castle/bank for high and Daggerfall/Bangkorai for medium. EP has Windhelm/Mournhold for high and Riften for Medium. I've only explored part of Auridon so I've only found a medium location, being Vulkhel Guard. The furniture drop character-level items, so it doesn't matter which location you loot.

#edit The furniture all refresh when you enter a region too

As far as I'm aware the two higher purple (Ancient Elf and Daedric) motifs only drops in Cadwell's Gold zones. Or did they change that? O.o

I don't think I said anything about where they restrict stuff, I was just saying there are some places where one can get a high turnover of furniture to open. I was sort of hoping, though, that someone who'd been through all of AD might state where the Wayrest or Windhelm equivalent locations were :).

#edit: Oh, I see, the "character-level" comment. I have noticed that purple recipes don't make much of an appearance before L45 with the exception of Dwemer pages but I wasn't certain it wasn't a RNG issue. They might have restricted the Ancient/Daedric to VR5+ but I'm not certain they would restrict it to specific sites. I'll have to wait and see if I can get a Barbaric drop on my VR1 in his home faction.

No, the Mods have said that Ancient Elf and Primal drop in the Cadwell's silver Zones, and Barbaric and Daedric Drop in Cadwell's Gold zones.

This was a while back, so they might have changed it again, but I doubt it.

Barbaric and Primal drop in the Silver zones. Ancient Elves and Daedric drop in the Gold zones.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, the Mods have said that Ancient Elf and Primal drop in the Cadwell's silver Zones, and Barbaric and Daedric Drop in Cadwell's Gold zones.

Barbaric definitely drops in Silver as I looted it from furniture and the character is VR1 in the Silver Zone. They must have gotten mixed up between A.Elf and Barbaric.

Since my Silver is DC that means I will get my best looting opportunities for more Primal and Barbaric in Daggerfall and Wayrest then.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are multiple medium and high furniture locations. DC has Wayrest castle/bank for high and Daggerfall/Bangkorai for medium. EP has Windhelm/Mournhold for high and Riften for Medium. I've only explored part of Auridon so I've only found a medium location, being Vulkhel Guard. The furniture drop character-level items, so it doesn't matter which location you loot.

As far as I'm aware the two higher purple (Ancient Elf and Daedric) motifs only drops in Cadwell's Gold zones. Or did they change that? O.o

I don't think I said anything about where they restrict stuff, I was just saying there are some places where one can get a high turnover of furniture to open. I was sort of hoping, though, that someone who'd been through all of AD might state where the Wayrest or Windhelm equivalent locations were :).

#edit: Oh, I see, the "character-level" comment. I have noticed that purple recipes don't make much of an appearance before L45 with the exception of Dwemer pages but I wasn't certain it wasn't a RNG issue. They might have restricted the Ancient/Daedric to VR5+ but I'm not certain they would restrict it to specific sites. I'll have to wait and see if I can get a Barbaric drop on my VR1 in his home faction.

It was the other way around for me with Ancient Elf and Barbaric.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    @Woolenthreads‌ , the Wayrest bank of the AD is probably the Vulkhel Guard Bank building, 19 eligible containers in the building and 2 bonus Produce baskets.
    And the polite bank staff of course. :)

-Foo
    Edited by FooWasHere on January 13, 2015 9:08AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Barbaric definitely drops in Silver as I looted it from furniture and the character is VR1 in the Silver Zone. They must have gotten mixed up between A.Elf and Barbaric.

Since my Silver is DC that means I will get my best looting opportunities for more Primal and Barbaric in Daggerfall and Wayrest then.

It was the other way around for me with Ancient Elf and Barbaric.

Ah, maybe I got it mixed up a bit, I do remember them saying they were fixed but didn't really care at the time.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Woolenthreads‌ , the Wayrest bank of the AD is probably the Vulkhel Guard Bank building, 19 eligible containers in the building and 2 bonus Produce baskets.
    And the polite bank staff of course. :)

-Foo

As it happens I found that one of the best hunting places in AD is actually Cormont in Grahtwood. They have about 6 open areas with 4-5 urns and another 8 closed areas with 4-5 urns. That's actually quite good particularly since 4 of the open areas are in close connected distance to each other.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread