Edited by imperialyap_ESO on January 12, 2015 4:10PM
I have a ticket open about this, but thought I'd post it here for the community to see if anyone else might have faced similar issues. This past week ran into issues with Windows 7(64bit) which caused me to reinstall the OS. Prior to this, I'd get around a constant 80-100FPS and I've been playing since beta and release. Never any problems with performance. However since the OS reinstall, I'm now having major frameloss. While running around in any zone, the game has a constant choppy/stutter feel to it, and when enabling FPS/latency in-game I can see the frames drop from say 80FPS to 20-30FPS and back up all within a quick second, but it's more or less continuous if moving around. When using bolt escape as a sorcerer, this causes frames to go from 80FPS to anywhere between 0 and 15. I was just on testing things, and was getting 100FPS, hit bolt escape and frames dropped to 0 (screen freeze as well) but recovers back, and does the normal stuttering.
This problem seems specific to ESO, since other titles like Arma 3, War Thunder, and some others are all working just fine.
Current system overview -
□ AMD FX-8150 @ 4.1GHz OC w/ H100i Extreme
□ MSI 970 Gaming
□ AMD 290X
□ 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
□ 120GB SSD (primary, OS)
□ 240GB SSD (games w/ ESO)
□ 480GB SSD (empty)
□ SATA Disk: 650GB / 750GB / 500GB
□ 750W Antec
Other Details -
□ Running game at 1080p, 144Hz (Acer Monitor w/ 144Hz Support)
□ Full Screen (not windowed)
Below is what I've tried so far.
● Switched in-game video settings to minimum(ugly looking), same issues
● Run repair from the ESO launcher
● Unstalled ESO, re-downloaded / installed
● Made sure power management in Windows 7 was set to Performance
● Set CPU priority to High
● Reinstalled AMD 14.12 Omega Drivers (same ones used prior)
● Ran file system check on both 120GB and 240GB drives
● Ran memcheck
● Checked net integrity, 123Mbps down / 12Mbps up (Comcast), Restarted Router
Yesterday/Today I've also done the following.
● Removed 120GB drive, cleared 240GB and installed OS here
● Installed ESO on this same drive
● All previous steps taken
● As recommended by ESO support, did all Windows updates (didn't have them all)
After doing the above, no luck. ESO is currently my primary go-to game, so it's why I've been focusing on getting it resolved. I'm at a loss at this point, especially since other games are working normally which is throwing me off.