Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kicked to login screen with no error

Lionxoft
Lionxoft
✭✭✭✭✭
The title says it all. Random disconnects 4 months and running with no error message and no fix. Any updates on when we can expect to play the game with at least proper error handling?

It happens in PvP and PvE zones. I was in PvP just capturing a resource by myself with no one around me and no action happening when I get disconnected for no reason.
Edited by Lionxoft on July 16, 2015 3:04AM
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lionxoft,

We went ahead and created a customer support ticket for you on this issue. Our support department will be able to gather and analyze the necessary information to determine why you're experiencing random disconnects. They'll reach out to you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Lionxoft,

We went ahead and created a customer support ticket for you on this issue. Our support department will be able to gather and analyze the necessary information to determine why you're experiencing random disconnects. They'll reach out to you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for creating a new ticket with copy and paste steps that I've already followed in a past ticket. You know if your game had proper error handling this problem would be a lot easier to troubleshoot?
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue can someone please assist me as well
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello @WhiteTigre‌ ! We have created a support ticket for you. One of our agents should be reaching out to you shortly!
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    Thanky ZOS_MollyH.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still occurring. Would it be so hard to get an error message at least?
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you fix your game please? Thanks. :)

Could this have to do with Phasing of some sort? I hit a loading screen and the game kicks me to log in without an error. I also get "Cannot log out while in combat" error while just walking or running somewhere. These problems could be contributing factors and the fact that they aren't fixed nearly a half year later is a slap in the face to your customers (I'm one of those just in case you forgot).
    Edited by Lionxoft on February 9, 2015 4:56AM
  • juendreeb17_ESO
    juendreeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue
  • Zionysus
    Zionysus
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto. This is amazing. Funny how my subscription exits my account every month with no errors.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 months and counting to arrive at a resolution?

Let me tell you how this goes:
    1. I submit a ticket.
    2. I get a copied and pasted response to the ticket (Every time.Same thing regardless that I've already done those steps.)
    3. I follow the steps the first time it was submitted 8 months ago and double check everything for each subsequent ticket.
    4. I then wait days for a response where they ask for another consultant report. I send another consultant report and they state that they will escalate the issue. They then don't respond...Ever. Until I create a new ticket to see if I can play my game without being kicked to the log in screen.

I don't think I need to tell you the terrible quality of support this is. The monthly subscription should at least allow me to get into the game and play while if I have a problem I should be able to have quality support. That's what was promised by the game director.

Please, fix this stupid defect so I can play the game. Thank you.

If I provided my clients with this terrible quality of support then I'd be fired from their account within a week. I'm not sure what makes you any different. I've been patient and I've been calm. It's time for you to step it up Zenimax. Again, thank you. I'm not sure what for but thank you.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having this issue during the last days.
    The day after the maintenance it worked fine (about a whole week before maintenance it disconnected all the time with different kinds of disconnection errors), and now it disconnects without any errors at all, it just kicks me to the login screen after I was in "ghost mode" (no connection but still in the game) for a minute or so.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Raygee,

Can you please post a ticket number for the tickets that you have open? We'd be happy to have someone take a look and see why you haven't received a response!
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GaryA and thanks for your reply.
    At the moment I don't have an open ticket, I did get a reply to the last one (about this issue), but unfortunately it didn't help. After the maintenance it worked like normal for a day and I replied to the CS message again to let them know.
    The day after it started all over again, but without the errors (as I posted above). I did not send a new message about it since I know the suggestions what to do which don't work anyways, but today the game worked fine without getting disconnected at all. I hope it'll stay like this..
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ZOS

Please look and see what's happening again. I have long loading screens when moving into buildings/dungeons or out of them then I get kicked to the login screen. Its been happening for the past 2 or 3 nights now. Its happening when I group up. It also happens when I am using the wayshrines from one province of Tamriel to another
  • Lara1701
    Lara1701
    ✭✭✭
    Same as the original post. About two weeks now. Any character, zone, activity, etc...

No warning or error message. Just a seamless transition from being in-game right to the login screen.

Quite desperate for any help. I'm not waiting four months or more because it makes the game unplayable. :(
    "M'aiq knows much, and tells some. M'aiq knows many things others do not."
    ―M'aiq the Liar
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lara1701‌ @WhiteTigre‌

If you don't mind me asking who's your internet service provider and what kind of mode/router do you have?
  • Lara1701
    Lara1701
    ✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    @Lara1701‌ @WhiteTigre‌

If you don't mind me asking who's your internet service provider and what kind of mode/router do you have?

Comcast.

―M'aiq the Liar
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lara1701 wrote: »
    @Lara1701‌ @WhiteTigre‌

Comcast.

Hey @Lara1701 . Do you use an Arris modem and router combination? ESO seems to dislike that piece of hardware however that isn't an excuse for their game to not work properly.

ESO is the only game I've had disconnect issues like this. ZOS' game seems to be held together with duct tape.
  • Lara1701
    Lara1701
    ✭✭✭
    @Lara1701‌ @WhiteTigre‌

Comcast.

Hey @Lara1701 . Do you use an Arris modem and router combination? ESO seems to dislike that piece of hardware however that isn't an excuse for their game to not work properly.

ESO is the only game I've had disconnect issues like this. ZOS' game seems to be held together with duct tape.

@Lionxoft

I shot you a PM.
    ―M'aiq the Liar
  • Lara1701
    Lara1701
    ✭✭✭
    @Lara1701‌ @WhiteTigre‌

Comcast.

Likewise, ESO is the only game I'm having this problem with.

―M'aiq the Liar
  • Friesenberg
    I'm getting this problem as well and no response on my ticket in 7 DAYS.
  • cheese_master_83b16_ESO
    I remember it happening to me all the time when I played at launch, and now it happens constantly in this game.

No error, no warning, can surf and play other games no problem, but this game I'm constantly kicked to the login screen over a dozen times per hour sometimes.

I figure it's just part of the game design so you remember your password because that's the only reasoning I can come up with other than the game is poorly programmed or the servers suck.

Sometimes it happens not even five minutes after it did it.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Several times today kicked to login screen with no error message or game just quits with no warning

I also happen to be on Comcast also with Aris modem

No point in making ticket since this is a problem with ESO and Comcast it seems

At least it doesn't happen to me all the time, just every once in a while in batches and then next day back to normal.

As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you pass this along to the networking team? This has been a problem for 7 months and running close to 8 months. I've reached out to support and have followed all of their instructions yet they can't seem to help us out.

This is the only game that gives connectivity problems so it's for sure a problem with how your game interacts with my hardware. If a resolution can't be found can we expect a refund? I think I've been patient and cooperative to the point of monotony.

Just to make this crystal clear... I want to play the game that I purchased and I want it to work properly. Some obstacles for that are these random disconnects and really bad server performance. I want to play your game and the game I paid for but there are so many problems keeping me from doing so.
    Edited by Lionxoft on March 25, 2015 8:43PM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »
    Several times today kicked to login screen with no error message or game just quits with no warning

I also happen to be on Comcast also with Aris modem

No point in making ticket since this is a problem with ESO and Comcast it seems

At least it doesn't happen to me all the time, just every once in a while in batches and then next day back to normal.

@Deheart

This is the only game that gives me problems with the Arris router and I have a steam library pages long. I really had hoped they would take a look at this problem back when I reported it in July 2014 but it seems that it's still a problem as it occurred today while I was chatting with a friend. I've done their troubleshooting steps countless times and probably more than I should have given it.
  • Ballantine
    Ballantine
    Soul Shriven
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I have Verizon DSL and a Westell router.
    This morning I've been getting booted to the login screen almost every 5 minutes with no error. This started happening to me a few days ago for no apparent reason. I've setup port forwarding as they recommend but it hasn't had any impact. It's a very frustrating situation.
    I'm observing ESO in Windows Resource Manager whenever this happens and it doesn't show any packet loss or a ping spike.
    Sometimes I get booted to login screen suddenly, more often though my character stops being able to use skills or interact with anything for about a minute before I am brought to the login screen with no disconnect message or error. This is the worst because restarting the client takes about the same amount of time as waiting out the minute so I'm stuck waiting either way.
  • PE_Bagatur
    PE_Bagatur
    ✭✭✭
    I started experience this from hour or so, its unplayable now. 30 seconds in game, then everything stops and I get booted to login screen. Tried multiple times.
    I ran three Darkshade Cavern runs, all with TERRIBLE lag, and everybody was complaining.
    Had no problems so far, nothing in my setup was changed.
    Forums do open slow, sometimes even don't.
    Bulgaria, NET1 DSL.
    its everywhere, any zone.

P.S. Rebooted the rooter and its okay now. I hope its not just coincidence. I never had to do it until now.
    Edited by PE_Bagatur on March 27, 2015 8:53PM
  • Ballantine
    Ballantine
    Soul Shriven
    I decided to try and see if any of my addons could be at fault and tried disabling some of them.
    It would seem that after uninstalling HarvestMaps the kicks to login screen have stopped completely for a few days now. I'm not certain if this was the cause, but if any of you are suffering from this problem and using this addon its definitely worth a shot to try uninstalling it. It at least appeared to work for me.
    I could try installing it again and see if the errorless disconnects start happening again, but playing with no disconnects is too good I'm not taking the risk!
  • BigboyCT
    BigboyCT
    Soul Shriven
    I too have had the occasional boot to the login screen. No errors, no warning, no signs that anything is wrong. The screen just goes black for a split second and then I'm at the login screen... beautiful. At first I thought it was due to some graphics FX, but after I decreased everything to bare bones, it still happened.
    I have two ESO accounts running on two home computers at the same time (I play with my son), and we both get booted occasionally, but not at the same time. I have no idea what that means, if anything.
    The Support staff have recommended that I try to forward my ports, but I am hesitant to do so
    1. port forwarding does not seem to be the safest networking thing to do for home PCs. It's more appropriate for web servers and FTP sites, etc
    2. even if I were to do this, I'd need to forward my ports to only one of my two computers' IP address. Not helping the second PC
    3. it's a huge hassle that they expect me to do this. I've played many other MMOs without any issues.
    Just for fun, I've tried port triggering as well, but it didn't help, I still got booted. Besides, port triggering only allows a single computer to use the ports at a time. So it wouldn't help my son's computer.

I guess the positive side of this whole issue is that now I know a lot more about home routers and port forwarding! After reading all about this stuff, I've decided to put my ISP's router in bridge mode and buy myself a proper firewall router. :smile:
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same. Haven't had this issue for a while but now it seems back. Every ~20 or so minutes I get happily kicked to login screen. No error message, no warning, no even "ghost mode" in game, just instant kick. I can immediately log back in, sometimes even before my character dies.

Oh, also occasionally I can't instalog back because my character gets stuck on "requesting character load" forever, then kicked from there to login with "error <<1>>".

I'm not in the US so I don't share router/provider with most of you probably, yet I get this issue.