Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

90 - 100 FPS traveling between and inside keeps. 10 - 15 in combat...

Isbilen
Isbilen
✭✭✭✭✭
When I'm traveling between keeps my FPS is always between 90 and 100, more often than not closer to 100. When I stay inside a keep, no matter how many people are there it barely ever goes below 70, however once I get in to combat it will instantly drop to something between 10 and 15.

My PC specs are:
Intel Core i7-4700MQ
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GT 755M SLI

This has been an issue for me since the great FPS mess-up in 1.2. Prior to that, from launch and to the day that update was installed this was never a problem.

Any idea what I can do to prevent this from happening, if at all possible?
Edited by Isbilen on January 4, 2015 3:20PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think close to every single one of us are experiencing exactly that.
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever watch 35 mm film? 24 fps....maybe turn your spell animations down slightly so you don't drop below the 24 mark but anything over 24 is just icing on the cake.

My personal setup runs at 60 normally, but heavy loads push it to 30-45 fps...that's running max graphics on ssd with hyperthreading dual graphics cards on a laptop. Seriously 90% of the time its 60 on the dot all the time. Try to squeeze out an extra bit on the peak demand and get over the 24 hump and you'll see dividends in improvement.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    When I'm traveling between keeps my FPS is always between 90 and 100, more often than not closer to 100. When I stay inside a keep, no matter how many people are there it barely ever goes below 70, however once I get in to combat it will instantly drop to something between 10 and 15.

My PC specs are:
    Intel Core i7-4700MQ
    8GB RAM
    NVIDIA GT 755M SLI

This has been an issue for me since the great FPS mess-up in 1.2. Prior to that, from launch and to the day that update was installed this was never a problem.

Any idea what I can do to prevent this from happening, if at all possible?

Welcome to MMORPG's they will always be limited by the copper between you and the server, when we get our thumbs out our arses as a COUNTRY and get full FO then you'll see some improvements until then lower your graphics quality standards (and perhaps your graphics settings). ESO is the best your going to get for now.
  • Emity
    Emity
    Dude. You're not the only one. Down worry. There is many people who having exactly the same issue. Including me. There is nothing we can do about it right know im afraid. We can only wait till this annoying performance issue is solved once and for all. I hope that it will be part of the upcoming update 1.6. Meantime you can try to setup in game setting the view distance on 50% and particle systems on 50% as well. It should give you around 10 fps more.

Edited by Emity on January 5, 2015 6:32AM
    • Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit
    • GTX 760 2GB, "OC Version"
    • Single-screen 1920x1080
    • I5 4690K OC 4.3 GHz
    • 8GB DDR3, 2133mhz
    • Gigabyte Z97-D3H
    • Samsung SSD 840 EVO - 250GB
    • EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 PSU
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings! While we're investigating the reports of low FPS, there is a player who has updated another thread with some suggestions that helped improve their FPS! You might want to check it out and see if any of the advice may help in your case!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/125637/low-fps-but-untaxed-cpu-gpu-solved#latest
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post