The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

webget requst fail

Thassail
Thassail
Last night I entered my game code and started to dl the client. When I got up this morning, the progress halted at 84% with a "WebGet request failed" error.

I consulted the support page for the error and followed the instructions. In addition, I read in another thread that some malware may cause webget to fail. So I also checked for malware.

I can pause and restart the launcher, and the downloading will begin. But then it will fail--usually in less then a minute. So I can't get sustained downloading to occur.

I ran the Game Consultant program and sent the report to customer support. At this point it is a waiting game, which may take until tomorrow to resolve. So I was hoping against hope that perhaps someone had encountered this and has advice.

Thanks for any help.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had that issue as well. Flushed my dns and the error stopped.
  • Thassail
    Thassail
    Sweet breath of Arkay! It worked!

Looks like I'll be playing tonight after all. Thank you so much. I'm glad I decided to appeal to the community.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it worked! :)