The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO causes my mic to stop working after 30 seconds/1minute

ZestyTheLion
Whenever I start eso, when i'm in a skype call/Steam, my mic stops working after just a little bit and I have to unplug it and plug it back it. Then it breaks again about after a minute. I've confirmed this only happens while ESO is started. When I say it stops working basically, I open up "sounds' and go to recording and the mic doesn't seem to pick anything up anymore or it gets stuck at however many bars it was when it stopped working. This causes me to have to unplug and plug it back in. I'm running Windows 8.1 if you needed to know.
  • Silica.Kun
    Same here, just a little different, try repairing your laumcher and check for any updates.

If that doesnt work, make sure your mic is working properly in sound. If it isnt, make sure to see if its taking in your voice to see if its working at all. Hope this helps!
    Yours truly, Kea'ra
    Female-Proud DC Member
  • ZestyTheLion
    ESO casues the mic to just stop picking up sound, and basically freeze where its at. If i'm talking when it breaks and say it's at 2 bars, it will freeze at 2 bars and not pick up sound anymore. And even if i'm not talking when it breaks, it just doesn't show it's picking up anymore sound. I'll go ahead and try a repair now.
  • kristijan.gaguliceb17_ESO
    same here.cant talk to my firend when we play together any solutions on this one of fixing.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try this.

Make sure your mic is plugged into the back of your tower...not the front.
    Start your voice call first, then open the launcher.
    Dont use skype...the man is listening you know. Use steam.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn