The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Master Crafters and the Champion System - Should I keep leveling my VR2 or wait?

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
Before I continue, some notes;

I only have one Master-Crafter just now about to reach VR3 (200K to go) in Caldwell Silver - AD. That Character has all my master crafting skills across all crafts (8 in WW/Light Cloth, and now filling in Medium and Metal and Shields)

I have 6 Alt-Crafters-Mules-Hirelings all below L15 with varying sets of Hirelings/Mat levels.

I have one main PVE-PVP just now starting at L17.

I have been leveling my Master-Crafter only to access higher zones and higher mats/recipes, decon loot for Alts.

After seeing the most recent thread on the Champion System and VR XP here

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/144273/here-is-the-official-answer-from-zos-on-the-cp-30-issue#latest

I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts/advice on whether the Champion system should affect leveling pure crafter characters?

If I only need to level further to reach new zones for mats/loot it seems a non-issue for me.

But if my ability to VR harvest/quest-for-craft-loot is going to be determined by needing these new Champion points and accompanying skills/buffs, then it sounds like I need to do what many PVE-PVP have contemplated and not lose Champion system points to pre-leveling beyond VR1 until the system is actually implemented on Live.

I hadn't really thought it was an issue before since this was only a pure crafter character that I'm able to, so far, maintain enough combat skill-power, to quest/harvest my VR zones.

But if the Champion system is going to radically change that premise then I don't want to suffer the fate of many current VR14 PVE-PVP characters that will have lost both accrued XP as well as the ability to re-quest their VR areas.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will affect it, but then again, no one knows for sure. From what I have read/heard (ESO Live etc.) the championship points are for passives, and does not gate content. The whole idea is so level 50 will eventually be max, and then the VR zones/crag will be open to max level (50). The champion points won't gate any content. They did give an example of a passive with champion points to be "better chance to decon and receive items".
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord