The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Here is the official answer from ZOS on the cp 30 issue

Joejudas
Joejudas
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays, and we'll see you in the new year. :)
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    although i dont agree with this...i am very grateful on the timeliness of response and the fact it was during a holiday. Going forward ill be more careful how i interpret things that are said about things being tracked. have a good one guys and see you guys in 1.6
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony is that even though this has been stated, and linked to, and repeated by no less than dozens of players in dozens of threads, I can pretty much guarantee there will still be players that don't get it or think they read something different into what ZoS has said. Thanks for the post though.
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in essence, all the people who have stuck with the game through all the trials and tribulations, all the shortcomings and whatnot are getting the shaft. Who continued to play and improve our character when we were told, "No go ahead and continue playing, we're monitoring everything and will make sure you get credit." They get the short straw.

The newer players and those who have yet to roll up alts will have the advantage.

This makes no sense to me.
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on December 28, 2014 6:38PM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Ziz
    Ziz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    although i dont agree with this...i am very grateful on the timeliness of response and the fact it was during a holiday. Going forward ill be more careful how i interpret things that are said about things being tracked. have a good one guys and see you guys in 1.6

It has been 9 days since ESO live and this became an issue. If they were competent they would have responded that night. You expectations are far to low.
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these folks have families also to be with during the holidays
    Options
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ziz wrote: »

It has been 9 days since ESO live and this became an issue. If they were competent they would have responded that night. You expectations are far to low.

You mean developers are real people with real lives? Perposterous! As Ziz correctly pointed out, game developers are our SLAVES! SLAVES I SAY!!!
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, you promised to not create tons of topics about 30cp.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I have 2 days off for Christmas and 2 days off for New Year, I work the days between those two holidays... and I actually save lives in a hospital (not that it actually matters, but I can see from here people saying, well it's your fault for working a garbage minimum salary job, you worthless scum...Internet people are so nice...)

I don't expect people at ZOS to have 2-3 full weeks off leaving the game/forums in that state because they make video games or whatever...

Options
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I have 2 days off for Christmas and 2 days off for New Year, I work the days between those two holidays... and I actually save lives in a hospital (not that it actually matters, but I can see from here people saying, well it's your fault for working a garbage minimum salary job, you worthless scum...Internet people are so nice...)

I don't expect people at ZOS to have 2-3 full weeks off leaving the game/forums in that state because they make video games or whatever...

Healthcare jobs serve a vital function and are in short supply. We knew we were sacrificing our personal lives when we signed up for it.

I don't think video game development is vital (or in short supply for that matter), they're allowed the luxury of a life.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on December 28, 2014 6:59PM
    Options
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Healthcare jobs serve a vital function and are in short supply. We knew what we're sacrificing our personal lives when we signed up for it.

I don't think video game development is vital (or in short supply for that matter), they're allowed the luxury of a life.

Still... I'd expect them to at least come to work on the 29th-30th... I guess that's just me.
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

ZOS_MariaAliprando wrote: »
    Greetings! I am Maria Aliprando, Gameplay Designer on the Champion System.
    Should players that are VR1+ still work towards VR12 or should they just wait until the new changes.
    Continue to play! We are tracking your XP as you advance your way through Veteran Ranks and even past VR14. When the Champion System comes out we will reward you points right away based on the amount of XP you have earned up to a cap.

I know you guys want to be transparent and open but you don't say something as fact and currently operational then pawn it off as early development/testing screwing over a good portion of your player base.

This company is terrible with communication as evident with in game skills tooltips and on these forums. I understand it's the holidays, but I'm appalled that it took you guys this long to provide a simple response to the confusion that has been festering the forums since eso live. Unacceptable.

If youre sincere about your apology how about compensating us for your lack of direction and clarity? Many people lost a lot of valuable time and completed content that should have waited due to the expectation of xp being tracked.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS_MariaAliprando wrote: »
    Greetings! I am Maria Aliprando, Gameplay Designer on the Champion System.
    Should players that are VR1+ still work towards VR12 or should they just wait until the new changes.
    Continue to play! We are tracking your XP as you advance your way through Veteran Ranks and even past VR14. When the Champion System comes out we will reward you points right away based on the amount of XP you have earned up to a cap.

I know you guys want to be transparent and open but you don't say something as fact and currently operational then pawn it off as early development/testing screwing over a good portion of your player base.

This company is terrible with communication as evident with in game skills tooltips and on these forums. I understand it's the holidays, but I'm appalled that it took you guys this long to provide a simple response to the confusion that has been festering the forums since eso live. Unacceptable.

If youre sincere about your apology how about compensating us for your lack of direction and clarity? Many people lost a lot of valuable time and completed content that should have waited due to the expectation of xp being tracked.

Good idea. I suggest they compensate us with CP.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.
    This answers one of my questions. Looks like I have about a month to focus and get one of my characters up to VR before that happens.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno:
    I'm very disappointed about the Champion Points system. ZOS is taking away the achievements of everyone who reached veteran level and continued to progress their characters under the Veteran Rank system. ZOS told us specifically to continue playing our VR characters because XP was being tracked. That has turned out to be untrue. Doesn't matter what the reason is, it is still untrue.

Unlike people who can play many hours almost every day, I can play two, maybe three hours a night after work, Mon-Fri, and then a little longer on weekends in between family time. I've played continuously since the beginning of April. My main is the first character I ever created in an MMO, because ESO is the first MMO I've ever played. She is a vr14 Templar who has done all Cadwell's s/g and a lot of other achievements. She has 8080 achievement points. Not as many as some, but a respectable total. @ZOS_GinaBruno, check it out if you want to see if I'm telling the truth. This character's name is Freyja Wulf. (My second is a vr14 Sorcerer who has only started the first zone or two in silver. My third is currently a level 33 Dragon Knight. My other characters are all only storage mules at level 3 or 4.)

I have not been an exploiter or heavy grinder, and have played the game as it was designed. Yet my Templar is pretty much screwed out of 49 days played (1176 hours; 9 months). She can never redo the Cadwell's s/g quests. All that remains for her is veteran grouping content and Cyrodiil. Problem for someone like me is this: Most of that content usually requires more hours per session than I'm normally able to give to the game. There will be no way for me to progress this character much anymore, but she's my main with almost all my achievements to date. The only way I can replace those achievements is to take another character all the way through everything I did the past 9 months. Sorry, but I just can't do that. First because ZOS has proven themselves untrustworthy. How can I trust that you won't pull the rug out from under me again several months or a year from now? And second because the thought of repeating all that stuff again is just mind-numbing. I had not intended to take the two alts I've played through every last thing I did with Freyja.

Although it's true that losing 49 days worth of effort in a game is not horrible in the great scheme of things, it isn't insignificant either. It does represent about $200 down the drain (Imperial package plus monthly sub). And even though I don't play as often as some, my money is as good as anyone's. So why would you want to throw it away like this?

Also, the 30 CP for everyone means ZOS values the 1176 hours I did progressing my Templar equal to someone who put maybe a hundred hours getting a character to vr1, and who hits vr1 shortly before CP goes live. Even worse, after 1.6, the veteran rank system is being removed, everyone will be rank 50, and ZOS does not plan to give players anything in return for their effort such as my 1176 hours with Freyja. There is NOTHING right about this, and all the sugar coating in the world about how it is good for the game will not make it right. ZOS needs to give people who have progressed vr14's through Cadwell's some kind of worthwhile compensation instead of making all those achievements worthless. The compensation could be just one very special and unique set of gear; or one extra CP for each vr14 character; or a pet that helps a player in battle; or 1000 soul gems; or 1500 gold; or 1000 legendary mats. I wouldn't care what it was so long as ZOS gives us something of real value in the game to replace what is being taken away.
    Options