Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spedning more time walking than fighting. Forced to spec all HP?

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    TheBull wrote: »
    As far as HP 3k is a good starting point.. You'll meet some very skilled players running with less than 2500.

This. Many/most of Alacrity runs ~3.1-3.5k, some of us run as low as 2500 (Pixy was a prime example before he quit). Generally 3.2k, 500 impenetrable is your safe spot until you become more comfortable with your class/playstyle/build.

I miss Pixysticks, any chance of him returning?

This is what I was told as well, around 3k health and 400 to 500 impen.
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Getting to the fight and preventing people from getting to the fight is one of the most exciting parts of PVP.

Self rezing is horrible and would just encourage more zerging. Look at guildwars 2 and their rally mechanic. Worst mechanic ever put in a game.

The problem with this game, especially for noobs, is it is pretty unforgiving. Once you figure out the few things everyone else is doing, you will be on equal ground.

1. Run unstoppable. If you get put on your back, you are dead 99% of the time.
    2. Run sword and board. Its a stupid meta and i hope it changes, but you have to run it to survive.
    3. Don't run your horse out of stam, be prepared to hit unstoppable as soon as u get it hit the first time. U get dismounted yer dead.

Im sure there are other protips people can give you. Once you learn how the meta works out there your life will be alot easier.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spend just enough to get HP to 3k, then enough on the 3rd stat to meet minimal requirements, then the bulk into your primary stat.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even above 3k health it's easy to die VERY fast. This game has such ridiculously low TTK that it sometimes completely destroys the fun for me in group pvp, especially paired with lag which makes it impossible to see stuff comimg sometimes. I try having fun in pvp sometimes, but I just get bored too quickly due to the complete mess that it still is today. Its just such a drag to have to cope with these issues for months now.
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should give us your stats, and gear layout and we can give you some tips. Geared out properly @ vr14 i dont think the TTK is bad at all.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    think stealth openers and then take your health pool, and cut it into a fifth, and think about execute dmg. take in conjunction with your mit assuming roughly 70% penetration, add in your impen, and maybe consideration of vamp mit /racials/class/gear passives and you can go anywhere from 2500-3400 and prolly justify it.

a litte tuning and you can find the hp lvl that allows you to react while still having the resources that are important.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you want your scripted battle gear to work in pvp for dynamic fights with varying play styles and gears/skills?

Please tell me your AD and from haderus...

*Crosses fingers* please don't be DC!
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread...I don't even think an image or gif can properly sum it up.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    I miss Pixysticks, any chance of him returning?

This is what I was told as well, around 3k health and 400 to 500 impen.

Your class and ability to reflect/shield stack can reflect this. Most of cyrodiil is going to be around here, with varying amounts of spell/weapon damage, Regens of all type, and reduce costs+resistances.

If you dont have a lot of alpha strike defenses I would say 2800 is the lowest I would probably be comfortable running.
  • dermottib14_ESO
    dermottib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    This thread...I don't even think an image or gif can properly sum it up.

ed_nortan_laptop.jpg
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    -You need at least about 2.5K HP in Cyrodiil after food buffs (that's a bare minimum, most people run more).
    -You should have a few pieces with the impenetrable trait on your armour so you don't get one shotted (a note on this as well is that your critical surge heals won't be all that effective because your critical chance is so low it's almost non-existent, remember most other pvpers will have impenetrable on as well).
    -I don't recommend lowering damage output at all, if you have ever witnessed two tanks going at it with high damage mitigation and low damage output you'll realise just how boring those long fights are. Most of the time they won't be able to kill each other and you end in a stalemate or until someone crashes.

If you are really bored by the constant running, join a duelling guild and you can have some amazing fun without having to worry about getting smashed by multiple people at once. Better yet would be to support the push for an arena style pvp to be added.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2. Run sword and board. Its a stupid meta and i hope it changes, but you have to run it to survive.
    S&B is not mandatory. Just because people are blabbing about it and joining the bandwagon doesn't mean you can't have an efficient build without it.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few small things:

- the impenetrable trait helps a lot (this will matter less after 1.6)

- try to join a group, ideally one with TS. Decent groups are good at resurrecting each other.
    You're a Sorc, solo derping is more fun. You will never learn to play your class to its limits if you only ever run in a group. Remember to bunny hop a lot.

- don't charge in too far ahead. People can't resurrect you if they can't get to you.
    You're a Sorc blinky blink all the way, if you need rezes you're doing it wrong. Remember, you are as a god among men and all the world is a blur.

- food is your friend. Blue food for either HP/stam or HP/magicka appropriate to your level is a must. HP/stam is preferable.
    You're a Sorc, if you aren't using tri stat food, you're doing it wrong.

- when in doubt, hold down block.
    You're a Sorc, when in doubt, blinky blink. Also blinky blink when not in doubt. Just, never stop blinky blinking.

- "bash" your way out of stuns
    You're a Sorc, blinky blink out of stuns.

- get a horse and feed it an apple every day. If ZOS was smart they'd let you buy a horse with AP, but yeah...
    You're a Sorc, you have blinky blink. What's a horse again?

-make sure you have some skills on your bars for survivability. Damage shields, self heals, and skills to help you escape. Sometimes you don't need to win a fight, just survive long enough for your friends to show up, or at least get your body into a spot where they can res it.
    You're a Sorc, you never need to win a fight. Your mission in life is to blinky blink through the fields and lead enemy raids back over your friends to get them (your friends) killed.

Hope that helps.
    Here, since OP is a Sorc, I added some minor corrections to your advice.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    A few small things:

- try to join a group, ideally one with TS. Decent groups are good at resurrecting each other.
    You're a Sorc, solo derping is more fun. You will never learn to play your class to its limits if you only ever run in a group. Remember to bunny hop a lot.

- don't charge in too far ahead. People can't resurrect you if they can't get to you.
    You're a Sorc blinky blink all the way, if you need rezes you're doing it wrong. Remember, you are as a god among men and all the world is a blur.

- food is your friend. Blue food for either HP/stam or HP/magicka appropriate to your level is a must. HP/stam is preferable.

You're a Sorc, when in doubt, blinky blink. Also blinky blink when not in doubt. Just, never stop blinky blinking.

- get a horse and feed it an apple every day. If ZOS was smart they'd let you buy a horse with AP, but yeah...

-make sure you have some skills on your bars for survivability. Damage shields, self heals, and skills to help you escape. Sometimes you don't need to win a fight, just survive long enough for your friends to show up, or at least get your body into a spot where they can res it.
    You're a Sorc, you never need to win a fight. Your mission in life is to blinky blink through the fields and lead enemy raids back over your friends to get them (your friends) killed.

Hope that helps.

Roll dc immediately.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few small things:

Hope that helps.

So true
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember to bunny hop a lot.

Heed his words.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jahosefat wrote: »

Heed his words.

Everyone should bunny hop. Makes you less of a target and it's also what badasses do.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopping is what bunnies do. The Energizer Bunny is a bunny and he's awesome, we should all strive to be more like him.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless your character is a tank, adding more HP to your build is only going to hurt you when it comes to learning to play in Cyrodiil.

Learn to play with your current low HP, then if you decide to respec for more later, you already know how to play without it and won't be relying on that extra buffer of health to always save you.

Health just keeps you alive longer, if you're losing the fight currently, more health is just going to mean longer deaths, you'll still be dead, the enemy just has to take a few more swings.
    [DC/NA]
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jahosefat wrote: »

Heed his words.

Everyone should bunny hop. Makes you less of a target and it's also what badasses do.

I jumped through a negate once and didn't get negated. Then I negated the negate.
    Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on December 30, 2014 1:58AM
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please please, please, PUH-lease continue to encourage folks to run around Cyrodiil with 3K or fewer HP.

Thank you!
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please please, please, PUH-lease continue to encourage folks to run around Cyrodiil with 3K or fewer HP.

Thank you!

Agree with this. If you are under 3k hp, I won't one-shot you. I promise.

Some other things:

-Unbind your block key since it is worthless.
    -Impenetrable is a lie.

#staysquishy
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran with less than 2k health for a long time, I never got killed in one shot.

What kind of attacks are you people doing to cause 2900 damage in one hit? The most I've ever done was maybe 1.5k.
    [DC/NA]
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

What kind of attacks are you people doing to cause 2900 damage in one hit? The most I've ever done was maybe 1.5k.

Its not really "one-shotting" but stringing together attacks to hit at the same time looks like a one shot.

Such as snipe, heavy attack, venom arrow from stealth. Or ambush, deathstroke, concealed weapon.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are on the NA server and either AD or EP, then I will gladly demonstrate.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess, if you like going off alone and getting ganked by invisible players, and you also have breath of life or dragon blood slotted, then sure the extra 1k might mean all the difference.

But, I'm still sticking with my comment that LEARNING to play in Cyrodiil with less health will make you the better player. I didn't get killed like you describe in one series of attacks, because it probably happened a couple times and I adapted. Now that I have learned to survive without relying on my pool of health to soak up damage, when I get another 1k HP, it helps me out of situations where I did everything right, but the odds were stacked against me.

Basically, if I had started off with full health, I wouldn't have learned to survive as well.
    [DC/NA]
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes . A special thanks to all those running 2k health . Much obliged.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's hard for you pros to understand that a new player(to cyrodiil) who dies quickly, is still going to die quickly, even with more health. If you die instantly with 2k health, there's more to your problem than simply the amount of health.

Or are you guys saying you instantly lose 2k health the second you start fighting? lol
    [DC/NA]
  • KaneK899ub17_ESO
    Agreed with badmojo. Any sort of handicap you give yourself is going to make you a stronger player overall. Maybe you won't be the best, that's not the point. The point is that removing the padding and crutches teaches you more and much faster.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's hard for you pros to understand that a new player(to cyrodiil) who dies quickly, is still going to die quickly, even with more health. If you die instantly with 2k health, there's more to your problem than simply the amount of health.

Or are you guys saying you instantly lose 2k health the second you start fighting? lol

Yes you instantly can lose easily 2k health upon starting. When i was gank built my highest was 2.6k lethal arrow against moon die who i believe was a WW then and im a DK. NB's are even more deadly with a bow.

Its usually not the single hit that kills you its the 3 attacks hiting you at thw same time that i can almost guarantee will hit for more than 2k 90% of the time. Added: without blocking

Added: its not wrong to have less than 3k health... i see it on many great players however most of them are NB gank builds that are pure DPS. So if thats not you it would be wise to make sure you have more than 3k hp with some impen gear.

Just sayin.
    Edited by Galalin on December 30, 2014 4:30AM