Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting writ deliver location to an zone i never been.

pdebie64b16_ESO
pdebie64b16_ESO
✭✭✭
So today i started with alchemy crafting writs on my level 7 alchemist who is maxed out in this trading skill, after making the neccesary potion i needed to deliver it in
Velyn Harbor in the Malabal Tor zone. The problem is i never been there and it will be a long walk between different zones, but the real problem is the harbor is overun by enemies and i need to do a lvl 30+ quest to fix this.

I thought delivering locations were fixed?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They only fixed writs that forced people to drop off in Coldharbour, as far as I know.

I think they said that Update 6 would contain changes to how the writs work, but I cannot find the reference.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So today i started with alchemy crafting writs on my level 7 alchemist who is maxed out in this trading skill, after making the neccesary potion i needed to deliver it in
    Velyn Harbor in the Malabal Tor zone. The problem is i never been there and it will be a long walk between different zones, but the real problem is the harbor is overun by enemies and i need to do a lvl 30+ quest to fix this.

My low character level crafters go everywhere. You can get to Malabal Tor on horseback and sneak through the trash to your drop off point. My crafters go everywhere because they are high level crafters and need to get to stations scattered about the world.

I have a level 18 NB Enchanter/Alchemist and a level 22 Sorc Blacksmith delivering to Coldharbour. The NB is running Coldharbour missions, admittedly for fun mostly.
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on December 13, 2014 7:19PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My low character level crafters go everywhere. You can get to Malabal Tor on horseback and sneak through the trash to your drop off point. My crafters go everywhere because they are high level crafters and need to get to stations scattered about the world.

I have a level 18 NB Enchanter/Alchemist and a level 22 Sorc Blacksmith delivering to Coldharbour. The NB is running Coldharbour missions, admittedly for fun mostly.

My low level crafters can go anywhere, sure, if I spend enough time sneaking across the world to places they've never been.

But it kind of breaks the story to make them duckwalk all over the map to places they've never been before they're at that point in the story.

It's not that good a decision to make them do maps out of order.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

My low level crafters can go anywhere, sure, if I spend enough time sneaking across the world to places they've never been.

But it kind of breaks the story to make them duckwalk all over the map to places they've never been before they're at that point in the story.

It's not that good a decision to make them do maps out of order.

I just love being where I'm not really supposed to be. Some of my most memorable experiences are when I took a crafter across three maps to get to a station. In fact all my chars will take the grand tour at some point, I have a full suite of crafters and all 8 slots are in use.

I have horses myself, I found ducks uncomfortable.

A bit more. This is a TES game. One of the points of TES games is that you can do whatever you want. Go where you will and that's completely normal.
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on December 13, 2014 9:18PM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like that the quests can do this. Quests sends us on adventures to new places often, and I don't think crafting missions should be any different. I find it's boring going to safe places your character has been all the time. Nothing wrong with a bit of danger and adventure. Perhaps try and think of it as a challenge and part of the game to play, rather than something that's a pain to do.

Of course if it is a pain and you don't enjoy it, simply don't do it! :smile: None of us are going to enjoy doing every single thing in the game.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I did one round of crafting writs and now their products are rotting in my bank. My level 9 wont be anywhere near Morobel Tor until my main hits VR14 and then levels up a LOT.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    This is why I did one round of crafting writs and now their products are rotting in my bank. My level 9 wont be anywhere near Morobel Tor until my main hits VR14 and then levels up a LOT.

The roads are pretty well all safe. You have to watch and give a few things some room but generally you can go anywhere they go.

Malabal Tor is level 30 - 40 although that's just the main quests. My low level characters have little trouble anywhere in that area.
  • Darkrogue671
    Darkrogue671
    ✭✭✭
    So, are you saying that when your AD toon walks into The Rift or Rivenspire they are not attacked by every soldier and guard in the EP???
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, are you saying that when your AD toon walks into The Rift or Rivenspire they are not attacked by every soldier and guard in the EP???
    Of course not. Thought many of us wish we were treated like enemies. :(

But how does it even matter? The drop-off point is always in your alliance, Coldharbor or Craglorn.
    Edited by Rosveen on December 15, 2014 9:53PM
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way that is possible is in the Cadwell VR quests. Then your character is considered to be in their own zone, in both Silver and Gold.