Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many skill points are there actually?

Nihili
Nihili
✭✭✭
I heard there was more than 300.
But what's the exact figure? :o
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 324, not counting the extra SPs you can get out of the Mages Guild quest line.
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exact? Damned if I know... If you don't count Cyrodil (since not everyone is going to chase those down), the simple answer is that it's still way more than enough.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think 324, not counting the extra SPs you can get out of the Mages Guild quest line.

320+ is the general consensus. Not enough to have every skill, morph, and passive, but more than enough to do what you want. That 320+ is including gaining EVERY rank in PvP, which to my knowledge, no one has done yet.

By the way, I've asked Zenimax on multiple occasions both on this forum and in-game to provide an exact skill point count, and they won't.
    Edited by dharbert on December 14, 2014 9:37PM
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's a general estimate just on the PvE side?
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be about 250ish on the PVE side at least.
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 324 total is accurate, then there's 258 in PvE without the 2 from the optional mages guild ending. 324(total)-50(PvP ranks)-16(48 Cyrodiil skyshards).
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Barik
    Barik
    ✭✭✭
    The way the game is looking to be set up especially with the Champion System and even with skill points is that unless you are playing 16 hours a day for 3 YEARS straight you will not have leveled up everything.

I love this idea becuase you can keep getting stronger and stronger not by much more like how in borderlands 2 they have "badass" ranks
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »
    If 324 total is accurate, then there's 258 in PvE without the 2 from the optional mages guild ending. 324(total)-50(PvP ranks)-16(48 Cyrodiil skyshards).

You only get a skill point from every 2nd Alliance War rank, not each one. So 25 pvp points.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Rodario wrote: »

You only get a skill point from every 2nd Alliance War rank, not each one. So 25 pvp points.

You get a new title every 2nd alliance war rank. You get a skill point from every one.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Around 325 326 is what I counted (please someone confirm/update what I have missed or miscounted)

Levels: 62
    Skyshards: 113 skill points (338 skyshards available with upper crag + 1 skyshard from wailing prison)
    PvP : 50 (you gain 1 skill point at alliance level 1 unlike regular levels that give you your first skill point at level 2) EDIT: @Reverb‌ You get skill point at each alliance level gained.
    Public dungeon challenge:16
    Group dungeon: 16
    Vet group dungeon completion: 8
    Main story: 10
    mages guild: 2
    Zone quest: 48 EDIT: 49 (as confirmed by UESP and Endoc )

Total: 325 326
    Edited by Qyrk on December 22, 2014 1:15AM
  • Tashira_Ronin
    Tashira_Ronin
    ✭✭✭
    Did you include the one you get for the training in PVP siege equipment ...or is that rank 1?
    NA/PC/DC - played since beta
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qyrk‌ I agree, give or take a couple. This is what I calculated, and also what is listed on UESP:
    • Levels 2-50: 49
    • Veteran Ranks 2-14: 13
    • Main Quest: 10 (although it should be 11; do you not get one for the last quest?)
    • Zone Storylines: 49 (Glenumbra gives 4 rather than 3)
    • Skyshards:113
    • Alliance War Ranks: 50
    • Group Challenges in Public Dungeons: 16
    • Group Dungeons: 16
    • Veteran Dungeons: 8
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    [*] Skyshards:113
    [/list]

Um, pretty sure that the number of skyshards will be divisable by three (including the one you get in the intro).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [/list]

Um, pretty sure that the number of skyshards will be divisable by three (including the one you get in the intro).
    An oversight if not.
    :trollin:
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/list]

16 shards in each zone * 5 + 6 in the starting zone *3 normal, silver and gold.
    258+3*16 in cyrodil=306, you have some extra in cyrodil too and the stating one.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/list]

This is Skill Points from Skyshards. There are 339 skyshards.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 289 atm.
    Have all skyshards, all dungoens, vr 14, lvl 17 in pvp and only 3 quest left in upper craglorn(dont know maybe there you get 1-2 points too).
    so i would say you can get minimun 289+33(to lvl 50 pvp)= 322...
    Long time ago but I think i only get 1 for mage guild because taken the "wrong" answer. Or both get the 2 Skillpoints?
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [/list]

This is Skill Points from Skyshards. There are 339 skyshards.

Ah, sorry I missed that, I was thinking it was 113 skyshards, my mistake.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have about 134 skill points, and that's enough for 2 builds and two maxed out professions, and I still have like 35-40 unused points...

anywhere over 200 is crazy.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exact? Damned if I know... If you don't count Cyrodil (since not everyone is going to chase those down), the simple answer is that it's still way more than enough.
    No, there are not enough skill points if your character is your main crafter.

I have all skillpoints other than the last half of the pvp ranks, and I don't have anywhere near enough skillpoints.

If your character is a magicka build, you'll need both destro and resto. Then, if you want a stamina build on the same character, you'll need bow, dw, and 2h (2h used for execute phase), as well as medium armor. If you're a pvper that is anything other than a stamina NB or a sorc, you'll also need the 1h-shield line. Then, you have alliance war skills, class skills, etc.

In the end, there are not enough skill points if your character is the main crafter. This is why it's better to have an alt that is your main crafter.
    Edited by Aeratus on December 15, 2014 6:13PM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 322 is the exact number based on my own collection. I'm missing one public dungeon skillpoint and 29 from PVP ranks, but I have all the rest. Using an addon that shows total skillpoints I've earned, I believe I calculated 322.

EDIT: Completely forgot about the mage's quest line reward at the end. Add another skillpoint to my number, and you will have 323 if you don't care about Valaste!
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on December 15, 2014 6:30PM
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have every quest done, and every shards in the game (including ALL in cyrodiil). I am only legionary rank in pvp, but still miss 2 or 3 skillpoints from veteran dungeons. When I did a skillpoint respec, I got 275 skillpoints.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a little over 250 skill points and that gets all maxed professions skills (excluding keen eye because it's lame) and still have a dedicated build with some heavy flexibility.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enough...

You will have enough to max your class skills, your armor skills, one+ full set of guild skills, and all crafts, plus at least two different weapon lines.

Between the quests, group dungeons, group challenges (found in public's), levels, skyshards, and even some of the PvP ranks, you will not have enough to max everthing, but you'll have enough to max everything you want to...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS