The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A letter to the Lady Morna of Gawad Du

Breg_Magol
Breg_Magol
✭✭✭✭
Dear Lady,

I am Sir Breg Magol, younger brother to Brechador.
I lack the wit and the silver tongue of diplomacy of my elder sibling, however my heart is that of a true knight, my sword arm (for what it is) unwavering, steadied by the fates who see fit to show me the path along which I tread.

I know that my brother has approached your house. I believe he seeks the company of like minded individuals ... and he does not know that I know of his plans.

My brother also does not know that I seek vampirism in order to understand what drives him. In short, I look for closer communion with my brother for always our views and temperaments clash at the slightest provocation. I seek to make my peace with him ... but not so that he might think his condition be responsible for my attempt. This must be seen by him a condition of my own choosing.

I do not expect an answer from one as ancient and learned in the ways of Tamriel as you, despite that I hope there is one.

I pray that my request not appear impetuous and provoking your ire, for I know no other vehicle for which to reach you ma'am.

Forever a true knight,

Breg Magol at your service ma'am ..

(bow's awkwardly ... with a clanking noise accompanied by the clatter of sword sheath on steel encased thigh ... the crest on his helm betraying his standing that once he was a hunter and slayer of the undead ...)

Edited by Breg_Magol on December 8, 2014 1:03PM
  • diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand... Are you asking @MornaBaine‌ to bite you?
  • jockjammerb16_ESO
    jockjammerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You should have posted this in the RP forum. Nice read though!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have posted this in the RP forum. Nice read though!

They can move it if they want. In the meantime....

A sealed roll of vellum reaches Breg Magol, the black wax imprinted with an Ouroboros surrounding a pomegranate. Within is the following neat script:

Unto Sir Breg Magol does Lady Morna Gawadunen of House Gawad Du and Chatelaine of Shadevale Manor, Northpoint, send greetings.

Gentle Knight,
    We of Gawad Du would be pleased to meet with you to discuss your situation and the possibility of Haven among us. Such a road is not lightly traveled and many preparations must be made in advance. But is it is thus your will to pursue it, we will gladly meet with you. Call upon us in Northpoint at your leisure.

Hepkin ar talvaut.

I Remain,
    Morna

((OOC: hit me up in game at @MornaBaine ! Looking forward to hearing from you!))
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Brother"
    A barely discernible intake of breath ... "Aye, brother".

The Dragon Knight straightened up from his martial posture, the series of standing exercises developed over many millennia by Redguard fighters in the Valley of the Blades to bring forth emergent energy.

Through habit long ingrained he confirmed where his sword and shield lay and his finely honed fighter's instinct mapped the uneven ground should he have to move to survive. He could feel the slight pressure of the letter under his tunic next to his skin ... all of a sudden it felt much warmer than vellum should rightly feel ... curious.

Brechador's arrival was not unexpected though it was unsettling to the unwary. His presence emerged onto Breg's plane of consciousness as though he'd been there all the while, but unnoticed ... and Breg wondered uncomfortably how long he'd been watching.

He peered into the dark copse of birch beyond the halo of his small fire from where Brechador stepped out ... and slowed his breathing, a thin flowing stream controlled by his diaphragm the way their Cikgu had taught them years ago as children. By slowing his breathing Breg could control his heart rate ... an attempt to camouflage the sudden chaos risen in his mind. He wasn't exactly sure how he would broach recent events to his older brother.

Meanwhile, Brechador noted his sibling's skin with wry amusement; perspiration was making it glow slightly, the tell-tale sign of blood rising through the capillaries beneath his skin.

"You've been in communications with the House Gawad Du ... why?"

It didn't take something as elementary as blood suffused skin and a subtle change in breath control to alert Brechador that something was amiss . Vampire senses had long elevated these abilities to the point that Breg might as well have hired a town crier to proclaim what troubled him.

"Hail brother, how fare you and how was your journey?" Breg answered in a rich baritone, the sarcastic tilt in his tone betraying his annoyance. "You're just in time for supper, barbecue coney's ... a brace, I hope your palate can cope ... ah how insensitive of me ... you don't eat ... would it please you that I slit an artery?"

He wasn't a child anymore! Had he not proven himself in battle? Why, two kings of Tamriel had had seen fit to honour him with field commendations ... the least his brother could do was to treat him with respect due a warrior for the soul of Tamriel!

Brechador looked away, a token gesture to restore equilibrium. By the Matron, but he'd missed Breg's infallible spirit ... he pretended to ignore the barb and squatted adding a handful of twigs to the camp fire.

"I'm sorry ... jumping at shadows lately", Brechador grumbled ... then sat on his haunches and pretended to warm his hands ... a safe distance from the flames.

A lone wolf howled in the distance.
    Edited by Breg_Magol on December 9, 2014 4:34AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *waits with baited breath* ;)

• Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Lol Morna ... the sad news (for me anyway) is that it's apparently not possible to RP inter faction.

I'm very disappointed! I'm not sure what will happen to these brothers now ... I feel the wind has been taken out of my sails to be honest. :(

I hope that this might change in the future.

Your site though is perfection and was a primary motivator for me. Cheers!
    Edited by Breg_Magol on December 9, 2014 9:30AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breg_Magol wrote: »

Lol Morna ... the sad news (for me anyway) is that it's apparently not possible to RP inter faction.

I'm very disappointed! I'm not sure what will happen to these brothers now ... I feel the wind has been taken out of my sails to be honest. :(

Awwww! :( I was hoping you were DC! Ah well, should you ever decide to come to the dark side and roll an alt please let us know and we'd be happy to have ya!

• phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have never been involved in RP, but you are both very fine writers. I feel the way I do anytime I read an anthology on unfinished tales...
    Wait. ..what, I want to know what happens next!? LOL.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have never been involved in RP, but you are both very fine writers. I feel the way I do anytime I read an anthology on unfinished tales...
    Wait. ..what, I want to know what happens next!? LOL.

Awwww! Well if you want to know entirely too much about Morna you can always visit the teso-rp.com Writer's Workshop forums where there are more than a few glimpses of her. Her writings have also shown up in the Tamriel Chronicle. :)

• Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breg_Magol wrote: »

Oh dear, I hadn't considered this bit when wanting to send my khajiit to Daggerfall/Ebonheart territory to RP D:< *flails and cries in a corner*

>.>

*pokes ZOS for cross-faction RPing*
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll second that. A cross-faction area that isn't a war zone needs to happen.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭