The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Missing Quests? Fine but what are they?!?!?

DrHarmful
DrHarmful
✭✭✭
HI,

I have downloaded a few addons that can tell me that I have a certain # of quests left in a zone but I couldn't find one that would tell me which quests I am missing.

I am trying to get the achievement in Rivenspire and I am aware that I have 8 available quests left (I only need 3 more). How can I find out where these quests are or the name of them?

I have ridden my horse around every single area in Rivenspire and can find nothing.

There is a very simple (not an insult) addon called QuestLurker and I see the code that pulls the number of quests I have left but is there a Lib or API I can use to find out the names of these quests? or where they are?

I don't want to spend another night running around (I have don two FULLL runs so far) a low level area trying to find 2 more quests to finish this achievement :-)

Thanks to anyone who replies.

I have no clue how to figure this out - I mapped out the entire map and run across every area I can reach. :-1:

-d
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You've hit upon a jarring missing game feature that doesn't get much mention. It is very difficult to figure out what quests you are missing, especially since the UI provides no way to see completed quests. HarvenQuestJournal is an addon that does track completed quests, but that will not help you since it only tracks from when it is installed. Undiscovered is another addon that is very good at finding things missed in zone, but I'm not sure it's working with 1.5 patch. There are several websites listing quests, including my favorite, Duffy. Even using the list of available quests won't make it easy to figure out what quests you're missing, since there is no list of completed quests. Hope you have a really good memory. :(
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • DrHarmful
    DrHarmful
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I think that goal of getting the Achievement is impossible.

I wrote my hours over every single last bit of land and could find nothing.

I tried to scan the quests by modifying the code in QuestLurker but I get nowhere.

How can you have achievements and then not give us a way to ACTUALLY finish them? I don't care if it's just subtle hints, give me something, anything.

But, I'll just give up and move on. I also will not try to do another quest achievement ever again.

I hope someone sees this and realizes its an big issue. Imagine if your writ rewards didn't give you map?? That is exactly what it's like.

No new title for me unless they change something.

This is a sad oversight.

-d
  • DrHarmful
    DrHarmful
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think the addon forums is going to get any attention so I moved the discussion here
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't help you to move all over the region at the moment. At least I don't think so, I've observed that the quest markers are not always appearing and sometimes when they do they point in the opposite direction. They do appear in the right place on the map though.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an add on called undiscovered that you might find helpful.
  • ZOS_ChipHilseberg
    ZOS_ChipHilseberg
    ✭✭✭
    We created some new query functions that let an add-on ask the client what quests the character has completed. The functions can return the quest name, type, and location. This should allow add-ons to provide at least the completed side more easily in the future.
    Staff Post
  • dlanodsppacb14_ESO
    dlanodsppacb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    check inside buildings, not all quests are outside, and inside ones don't always show on your map as you are flying by on a maxed speed mount. take the time to slow down and explore open a few doors yada yada yada
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend getting the Add-On called Destinations. It adds a maker to your map showing where quest hubs and other points of interest are located in the zone. This can help with finding those out of the way quests that you haven't run across.

• Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destinations is a good one. I thought I was very careful finding every quest in an area but when I first used it, I found there were quest hubs I completely missed.
  • DrHarmful
    DrHarmful
    ✭✭✭
    We created some new query functions that let an add-on ask the client what quests the character has completed. The functions can return the quest name, type, and location. This should allow add-ons to provide at least the completed side more easily in the future.

Thank you - it's nice to know our feedback is being heard.

-d