Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Oghma Infinium - A character tracking addon.

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are legal issues I am facing too, if I do figure out a way to extrapolate the 2d rendering of your character, that is intellectual property owned fully by ZOS. Displaying that outside their realm of control may put us in some hot water with their litigious side.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you can allow us to link to pics of that, even if that means hosting them in imgur?

I wouldn't think that would put you in risk... but I may be wrong, of course.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump for @page update, working on it tonight so keep refreshing every once and a while if you are interested in the progress.

chow

http://oghmainfinium.com/characters/

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so I think i have a cool idea.

I am going to show the raw data, the total buffed data, then all the buffs individually.

I am then going to show the math to see what buffs are adding what % to health, armor, spell resist, magic etc etc etc.

I am THEN going to give you the option to tweak them, so you can say change to all light armor from heavy armor or w/e and the system will then recalc the variables and give you your output.

So if you are wondering what you would be like in medium armor but don't want to do any crafting just to see stats, my software will let you see it.
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, I have worked really hard to bring you guys this; and here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#!qsInkL5B!lcFHc1iR-egIToGmkdZbx27kkM5SpGgSY5tNsmZ0VT0 -- the first public release of our addon! notes: it is still in the testing phase so there may be bugs. To toggle the button type /openoi to use just login, open the window, replace the default login info with the un/pw that you signed up with on our site, generate a new link and copy / paste it into your web browser :) do not share the link generated as it contains info to your account on our service. At this point the front end is not quite ready to be released in full, so please be patient as the data you send us helps us further improve our addon. We will need all your help with finding bugs with our code and our systems. If you find a security leak please responsibly and privately report it to myself and yodased. If you don't know your password please contact me and I will manually email it to you until we have recovery setup. Thank ALL of you for your continued support. :)
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you would like to see what data we have collected from you so far, you can go to

www.oghmainfinium.com/tester.php?account=youraccounthere

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It better dont steal my gold! just kidding, good work guys =)

I am running this just as of now.

So, we haveto create new link every once in a while to update the data on the website i guess?
    Edited by xMovingTarget on December 6, 2014 11:02PM
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Bc1151 wrote: »
    Ok guys, I have worked really hard to bring you guys this; and here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#!qsInkL5B!lcFHc1iR-egIToGmkdZbx27kkM5SpGgSY5tNsmZ0VT0 -- the first public release of our addon! notes: it is still in the testing phase so there may be bugs. To toggle the button type /openoi to use just login, open the window, replace the default login info with the un/pw that you signed up with on our site, generate a new link and copy / paste it into your web browser :) do not share the link generated as it contains info to your account on our service. At this point the front end is not quite ready to be released in full, so please be patient as the data you send us helps us further improve our addon. We will need all your help with finding bugs with our code and our systems. If you find a security leak please responsibly and privately report it to myself and yodased. If you don't know your password please contact me and I will manually email it to you until we have recovery setup. Thank ALL of you for your continued support. :)

Just a few comments to the addon:
    • In general I recommend making everything local or move global functions and variables to the unique table (namespace).
      It's because global functions / variables with common names such as "new", "enc", "encode" or "OI" could easily cause conflicts with other addons. Or they can be overwritten (redefined) by another addon.
    • Editbox for password should probably have ***** instead of real text, the same way as it is on login screen: OI.UI.login_p:SetTextType(TEXT_TYPE_PASSWORD)
    • The XML file in package is never used, so you can safely delete it.
    • I'd suggest adding a few more information to the addon manifest. At least a version, so it would be easier to find out if I have installed up-to-date version.
    • According to the addon terms (https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/add-on-terms), you should include ZOS disclosure.
    Edited by Garkin on December 6, 2014 11:42PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    • In general I recommend making everything local or move global functions and variables to the unique table (namespace).
      It's because global functions / variables with common names such as "new", "enc", "encode" or "OI" could easily cause conflicts with other addons. Or they can be overwritten (redefined) by another addon.

Yep, Since i installed it, i get a error msg on login because this reason. I mean, i just click it away once. no big deal. but for future builds keep this in mind ;) other than that its great ;)
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    That sound very dengerous and possible mass account stealing -.-

Actually this is not possible, password for your account is not stored anywhere and addons are not loaded on the login screen where you have to type it.
    So addons can't steal your password, unless you type it to the addon manually.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, we haveto create new link every once in a while to update the data on the website i guess?

Yes, you have to load the addon and generate a URL for each character you wish to share with the database.

If you have characters you do not wish to share with the database you simply don't share them.

The data is collected at the time you click the generate new link and is transferred only when you copy that link into a web browser, and then even only if your user name and password are 1 stored in the table and 2. match the stored data.

So there is really no way that you could accidentally share a character or have someone else share their data as yours our your data as theirs.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

Yes, you have to load the addon and generate a URL for each character you wish to share with the database.

If you have characters you do not wish to share with the database you simply don't share them.

The data is collected at the time you click the generate new link and is transferred only when you copy that link into a web browser, and then even only if your user name and password are 1 stored in the table and 2. match the stored data.

So there is really no way that you could accidentally share a character or have someone else share their data as yours our your data as theirs.

Yea thats fine. It was just about the Update ;) To bad it cant get done automatically when you log in or something. I really dont care about my Character information. They are on YT anyway.

Anyways, i will update it frequently for you guys so you have something to work with ;)

I am really interested in your Project. Always loved external "armories". So i can just link it to ppl and dont need to screenshot or write everything for 'em down.

Thanks for the Infos ;)
    Edited by xMovingTarget on December 7, 2014 1:17AM
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addon doesn't seem to be on ESOUI yet.
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭

• Editbox for password should probably have ***** instead of real text, the same way as it is on login screen: OI.UI.login_p:SetTextType(TEXT_TYPE_PASSWORD)
    • The XML file in package is never used, so you can safely delete it.
    • I'd suggest adding a few more information to the addon manifest. At least a version, so it would be easier to find out if I have installed up-to-date version.
    • According to the addon terms (https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/add-on-terms), you should include ZOS disclosure.
    Thank you very much for the insightful info. I will have a model on the github page below pretty soon :)https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium
    Edit: the xml will be used in the future, I am just waiting for full release :)
    Edited by Bc1151 on December 7, 2014 3:22PM
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and guys if you want to try our bleeding edge builds download them from my github :) there is no guarantee they will work, but you will be ontop of our content :)
    Link: https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium
    Edited by Bc1151 on December 7, 2014 3:28PM
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    1st draft mockup of character page: Thoughts?

interior-mock1.jpg

if you want to have it look professional, u might wanna drop the cartoonish look.

Like the logo, thats screams professional, high quality work there for sure
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok, this doesnt seem to work at all. I see the addon in my addon list, but i cant get the menu up. /openoi doesnt work anymore and the button is also gone. Still getting an error though.

hBECnhk.jpg

This occurs only with Oghma enabled. If i disabled ReloadUI addon, no errors. But i still cant get the OI Window up
    Edited by xMovingTarget on December 7, 2014 3:57PM
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome... I love this idea and have been contemplating how to solve the same for a while now, just don't have the time. Luckily there are a handful of addons that if combined should get it to 90%.

Please keep in mind some reasonable form of security while you design it. I'd want control over who could see some of my characters build data. I would like to share this with my PvP guild so we could brainstorm etc... but would not want my opponents to see my/our builds.

these provide close to 90% of the data already
    - FTC
    - wykkyds
    - HarvensExtendedStats
    Edited by Sacadon on December 7, 2014 3:59PM
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭

Ok, this doesnt seem to work at all. I see the addon in my addon list, but i cant get the menu up. /openoi doesnt work anymore and the button is also gone. Still getting an error though.

hBECnhk.jpg

This occurs only with Oghma enabled. If i disabled ReloadUI addon, no errors. But i still cant get the OI Window up

Slash command "/openoi" just show/hide toggle button, it does not show or hide UI. If you want to change this behaviour and show UI using the slash command, change its definition in Oghma Infinium.lua (line 759 in version on ESOUI, 766 in version on GitHub) from:
    SLASH_COMMANDS[OI.CMD] = OI.FCMD

to:
    SLASH_COMMANDS[OI.CMD] = OI.toggle

The UI error on screenshot is caused by old version of LibAddonMenu library embedded in Reloadui Extra Slash Commands addon, it has nothing to do with Oghma Infinium.

Reloadui addon does not need LibAddonMenu-1.0 at all, because it has no settings. I recommend deleting "libs" subfolder and changing Reloadui.txt as follows:
    ## APIVersion: 100010
    ## Title: Reloadui Extra Slash Commands
    ## Author: Raykai
    ## Version: Alpha 0.1.4
    ## Description: Enables you to use Slash Commands /rl, /rlui, /reload aliases of the /reloadui command

Reloadui.lua

EDITED to add more information.
    Edited by Garkin on December 7, 2014 4:59PM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

hBECnhk.jpg

This issue is caused by old version of LibAddonMenu library embedded in Reloadui Extra Slash Commands addon, it has nothing to do with Oghma Infinium.

Reloadui addon does not need LibAddonMenu-1.0 at all, because it has no settings. I recommend deleting "libs" subfolder and changing Reloadui.txt as follows:
    ## APIVersion: 100010
    ## Title: Reloadui Extra Slash Commands
    ## Author: Raykai
    ## Version: Alpha 0.1.4
    ## Description: Enables you to use Slash Commands /rl, /rlui, /reload aliases of the /reloadui command

Reloadui.lua

You are indeed the man :D Thx bro ;)

I just cant get it up whatever i do. not even the button appears. by changing it to toggle also nothing happens.(Github Version)

The one from esoui.com works fine.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on December 7, 2014 5:10PM
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    I just cant get it up whatever i do. not even the button appears. by changing it to toggle also nothing happens.(Github Version)

Just tested it myself, there is couple of typos in code, like GetPlayeerStat instead of GetPlayerStat and using self even if it is not defined in code.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭

Just tested it myself, there is couple of typos in code, like GetPlayeerStat instead of GetPlayerStat and using self even if it is not defined in code.
    I JUST fixed those lol, try again, it's on the github! :)

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New version has been released. Worked on the UX/UI a little and have the final positions of the windows in place.

I am happy with the way its working. Out of the way, but there when you need it.

You can see all the releases and keep up to date on the plugin here:

https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium/releases/tag/0.08
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Just posted a update on our official site: http://oghmainfinium.com/ -- Check there for official info regarding our current status as well as the working model for our front end. I thank all of you for your help during our first steps!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that has downloaded the release from Github, please rename the Addon Folder from Oghma-Infinium-00.x to Oghma Infinium

Since we are going the OpenSource route for the project until final release the downloads will be -00x until 1.x so just go ahead and rename that folder.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i will check it out as of tmr ;)

Edit : Good one, works great (0.08)
    Edited by xMovingTarget on December 8, 2014 1:47PM
  • DrHarmful
    DrHarmful
    ✭✭✭
    if you need help parsing data let me know - I've been doing it for months!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info822-GSA.html

It's nothing like your addon -- just I am also using in game data outside of the game and I know some of the struggles you will have.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will always remain so you can only show it to some people/keep private from others? I am keen to share my builds with my guildies, etc - but not everyone who crosses my path.

Also - make sure ZOS/Beth won't mind the name (which is cool!) if you haven't already. IDK re copyright etc.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    It will always remain so you can only show it to some people/keep private from others? I am keen to share my builds with my guildies, etc - but not everyone who crosses my path.

Also - make sure ZOS/Beth won't mind the name (which is cool!) if you haven't already. IDK re copyright etc.

But, i want your build! Gief!!

You option to make it private wouldnt be bad actually. For some ppl at least.