Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Oghma Infinium - A character tracking addon.

• TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    magnusnet wrote: »
    This sounds great. Just a question though, addons aren't allowed to communicate with the outside world in any way right? So you'd have to manually export/import saved variables between the game and the site?

You can't communicate with an external application/server from the API. That being said, I thought about how to automate this and ended up thinking it could be done by sending "in game" mails to addon managers in EU and NA who have a special addon that saves the data received in the mails (and removes the mail to save space). Then, a small tool installed in their pc, could periodically retrieve the data from the addon folder in the pc, format it and send it to the server.

Only problem with this is that the user receiving the mails has to be online and open his mailbox quite often ^^.

Yep, I thought about something like that too, or just a tool that you install with the addon that reads and sends data .. open source in that case hehe :smile:

Yeah, problem is that it might be against TOS... And most people wouldn't agree to install the tool even if it was open source :( (which is why I thought about the mail sending to the addon managers)..

Edit 2: What would be nice, is to create some kind of "official", collaborative developed open source tool with a public repository like GitHub that would work like minion (for any addon) that you can configure to send & retrieve data from addons to multiple servers. But once again, prolly against TOS...
    Edited by TehMagnus on November 27, 2014 11:38AM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds great. Just a question though, addons aren't allowed to communicate with the outside world in any way right? So you'd have to manually export/import saved variables between the game and the site?

You can't communicate with an external application/server from the API. That being said, I thought about how to automate this and ended up thinking it could be done by sending "in game" mails to addon managers in EU and NA who have a special addon that saves the data received in the mails (and removes the mail to save space). Then, a small tool installed in their pc, could periodically retrieve the data from the addon folder in the pc, format it and send it to the server.

Only problem with this is that the user receiving the mails has to be online and open his mailbox quite often ^^.

Yep, I thought about something like that too, or just a tool that you install with the addon that reads and sends data .. open source in that case hehe :smile:

Yeah, problem is that it might be against TOS... And most people wouldn't agree to install the tool even if it was open source :( (which is why I thought about the mail sending to the addon managers)..

Ah.. of course. Didn't even think about the TOS..

Is there any good reason why addons can't be allowed to communicate, if approved per addon basis, though? Or is that just another fun and useless restriction :p
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @pppontus‌

... removed blabla....
    Third party tools, the use of ‘bots’, “speed hacks”, “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider”, algorithm or other programs that copy or monitor any part of the Services (including, but not limited to, the Game(s) and/or forums), software that transmits, manipulates, or distributes (including, but are limited to, “mirroring”) the data stream or any aspect of the Services to another computer, server websites or other publication or distribution media, or software that permits You to use Services without human input are examples of methods not authorized by ZeniMax.

This pretty much means that any launcher (like the ones that allow you to dezoom more, remove the FOG, center camera) are against terms of service. It also means that if a developer creates a program that will explore the files generated by an addon to automatically submit that information to a database (character profile, sales information, map markers, dungeon loot) isn't respecting the TOS.

Moar bla bla....

This is just like going to a cop and asking if it's illegal to punch someone in the face and the cop telling you " Go check the lawbooks dude".

• Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    I know many of you have been concerned with the issues about the tos and lua limitations. This was a issue we have been aware of, and I believe we have found a way around it that does not violate the tos. Please have faith in us :)
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bc1151 wrote: »
    I know many of you have been concerned with the issues about the tos and lua limitations. This was a issue we have been aware of, and I believe we have found a way around it that does not violate the tos. Please have faith in us :)

I will definitely be watching, a few too many questions before I sign up but I'm definitely interested in the idea. I work as a sysadmin so I am probably more paranoid than cautious even, so you'll understand I want to see the solution before jumping on board. I also completely understand that you want to hold on to the details for now, so I'll simply check it out once it's ready.

Either way, good luck on your project! :)
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yah! Available as well if you guys need testing or dev advice (which is also what I do IRL ;) ).
    Edited by TehMagnus on November 27, 2014 3:53PM
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I want this lol will sign up when I get to a real computer.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESOStats addon is already doing something similar, with the PvP campaign stats data.

It just generates a long URL that you have to manually copy from an in-game text input and paste in your browser.

I don't believe that is breaking the ToS... the key part of the statement is the last sentence that says "permits You to use Services without human input", use being the keyword there.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    We are making decent progress. But due to the limits that ZOS has put on the lua engine, it's going to be a little bit more complicated than I had originally thought. Not to fear, I have found a way to get through it :)
    Edited by Bc1151 on November 28, 2014 8:22PM
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, I have the UI done. We must now work on cleaning up the LUA code, and getting the front end finished. I have spent literally 30 hours on this in the last two days. I really appreciate the forty of you who signed up in good faith, and I promise your trust is well placed. We have gotten a lot done!! We do not have a release date YET, but we hope to tell you one soon! Thanks for ALL the support!!
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Alright guys! We are approaching first release! The in game interface is done, the login server is done, the data input is done, and the rest of the PHP core is nearly complete. All that's left is the Front end. To speed up first release we will not have automatic updating, you will have to copy and paste the link generated into your browser; but please don't worry, we are looking into methods to do this. I am really looking forward to this, and I hope you guys are as well!
    Edited by Bc1151 on November 30, 2014 5:57PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just purchased and registered OghmaInfinium.com. We will have a working model up later tonight and look to be able to grab a few folks and help test out the UI/UX and give it a whirl to break, but so far so good on basic connections and output through copy/paste to the website.

We will have to of course crawl before we walk and get the 'easy' variables first like class, level, name alliance and current xp, but we are continuously identifying the variables for what we want to be able to display :)
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so check it out guys, this is a test response from the server asking me what my current XP is:

http://oghmainfinium.com/tester.php?account=yodased
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Glad to see this thing is coming along so quickly :D
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so homepage is up and social media is being set up https://www.facebook.com/OghmaInfiniumESO
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so these are the current variables we have isolated and have the ability to replicate:

XP Gained
    Xp Needed to Level
    Current Level
    Character Name
    Account Name
    Alliance
    Character Class

We are rooting out the other variables and will continue to keep you updated on the progress.

http://oghmainfinium.com/tester.php?account=yodased
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    Side note; After signing up I want to see explosions and fireworks! Not a "registration is complete" white page. (sorry have to give you a hard time because I know it is a work in progress)

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!

@Gorthax With you in mind this is the new successful sign up page

http://oghmainfinium.com/thank-you/
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sound very dengerous and possible mass account stealing -.-
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lulwut? like seriously what?

• Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    @killedbyping srsly? currently we are only using the addon api. If you are telling me that the api allows me to access your account password, then Zenimax has to seriously get their *** together. IF we were to make a external app (which is currently against the tos) then it would be open source. And if you are refering to our sign up page, we clearly stated NOT to use your eso password for exactly that reason. If you neglect to read then you are just making a fool of yourself with that post.
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    so homepage is up and social media is being set up https://www.facebook.com/OghmaInfiniumESO

+1 from me
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so parsed it so it shows multiple chars http://oghmainfinium.com/characters/
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok good news guys and gals. We have parsed health/stam/magic

http://oghmainfinium.com/characters/

check out the third guy
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, I just finished getting the buffed and raw stats! Meaning you can see the health/magicka/stamina stats with set bonuses, food, buffs etc (we called this buffed) and one that is just pure stats without that (we called this raw.) You can see an example of this here: http://oghmainfinium.com/untitled1.php & here: http://oghmainfinium.com/characters/ :D
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Alright guys! The first five people to PM me are going to get to to some testing for us! It's not close to done, but I would like to get some data collected so we can work with it on the front end. GO GO GO :D
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me me me !
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok guys been working on the front facing code to give you a better idea of how we envision this thing working. The basic layout is starting to come together and the @ page actually is shaping up faster than I anticipated. We are still working on the UX and the UI which is very important to me, so please check it out and let me know what you would like to see, how this should work, features you would love etc etc.

This is where I am at right now. If you look at the argonian, that will be one of say 10 random pictures that will show on the argonian race if you have not uploaded a screeny of your character.

Let me know guys

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good :)

Nice and simple, I like it.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to test it too^^
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    ok guys been working on the front facing code to give you a better idea of how we envision this thing working. The basic layout is starting to come together and the @ page actually is shaping up faster than I anticipated. We are still working on the UX and the UI which is very important to me, so please check it out and let me know what you would like to see, how this should work, features you would love etc etc.

This is where I am at right now. If you look at the argonian, that will be one of say 10 random pictures that will show on the argonian race if you have not uploaded a screeny of your character.

Let me know guys

We can upload pic, awesome! :D

Are you planning to (eventually) include gear port as-well?

Would be awesome to be able to just "link" my character's Oghma Infinium file when people ask what build I'm using and just have a window that shows the armor as if I was checking my own gear IG.

I suppose the limitation to this would be to actually get the tooltips since I bet API doesn't provide access to them, as well as the images for the gear?
    Edited by TehMagnus on December 5, 2014 8:59AM