Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is my medium armor/spell resist working?

Mountain_Dewed
Mountain_Dewed
✭✭✭
I'm at 2044 spell resist and 1981 on medium armor. Just curious if you can tell me why I take so much damage?

I did this here because I dunno how to upload pic in other parts of forums since they don't have the same option to attach file.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like another problem that needs to be shown to the developers.
    i have allways wondered why the elemental damage was so strong and easily killed me.
    now we know.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the hardcap for spell resistance is 3500's and you are at 2000. Reaching the hard cap gives you 50% mitigation from spell damage. 2000's mebe gives you just over 20%.

Also, i cant see it well but it looks like you might have a vampire icon up. R u a vampire? Fire going to hurt if you are.

Lastly, i think the pact npc's are built to do lots of damage....more than normal npcs. They tend to hit me for a lot of damage too.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get hit by the same ability more than one time, the damage in your death recap gets added. Also, vampire.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course he is vampire. Why you wonder you get so much flame damage OP? Isnt it obvious?
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its normal from those npcs
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 fireresist jewelery will help you a lot
    Against fire dmg, like npcs, dk, siege, lava, noobpulse from nubstick...
    Edited by Kypho on November 27, 2014 9:49AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if you are a vampire, fire is going to hurt unless you get fire resistance.

spell resistance does not seem to matter much when dealing with NPCs. my non-vamp character(all are non-vamps) has 1874 spell resistance, and i take almost the same damage you took on the screenshot.

• demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of baseless assumptions here.

Real answer is, guard NPCS hurt, especially the Honor guards.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on November 28, 2014 7:06PM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am Vamp, can solo resources all day long.

Pro Tip: Soloing a resource requires range
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the hardcap for spell resistance is 3500's and you are at 2000. Reaching the hard cap gives you 50% mitigation from spell damage. 2000's mebe gives you just over 20%.

Also, i cant see it well but it looks like you might have a vampire icon up. R u a vampire? Fire going to hurt if you are.

Lastly, i think the pact npc's are built to do lots of damage....more than normal npcs. They tend to hit me for a lot of damage too.
    • Hard cap at VR14 = 3250 (50%)
    • Soft cap at VR14 = 1990 (30% not 20%)
    • VR10-14 Legendary Fire Glyph = 1550 Fire resist that isn't effected by DR.
    1054 Elemental damage isn't that big, especially from Guards. I can remember when certain players were killing people with 'Burning' for well over 3K even against non-Vampires. Burning is the only thing it showed in Death recap. Lastly, people still misunderstand the way Vampires and WW's weakness works. Everyone (that hasn't been either since near launch) thinks each get hit like a mack truck by Fire or Poison/Disease and for baddies of either that'd be true. Those players who use a Fire or Disease resist Neck/Ring (or are Dunmer/Bosmer) get hit for slightly less than non-Vamp/WW in full Medium and for a small amount more than those in full Light/Heavy armor due to how much overall resistance each set gains with passives.