The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc clearing vet BC solo

Surfinginhawaii
Surfinginhawaii
✭✭✭
Check out this video youtu.be/T5oANL62eYk of a Sorc clearing vet BC solo, pretty awesome.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... scaled to VR2 for a VR14 sorcerer. Crit surge makes soloing easy as long as there are no stuns or disables, and this dungeon has almost none.

I think some players did it at VR12 when vet BC was VR5.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 30, 2014 12:08AM
    Wololo.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but i thought every one said "sorcerers are not over powered"
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Here he is clearing vet Elden Hollow youtu.be/JHbygH4WJe8, I think this guy is pretty da*n skilled.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerers are quite bad for group PVE but great at soloing content.
    With critical surge, as long as they take steady damage, have magicka left and don't get disabled, the healing received allows them to clear pretty much anything.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 30, 2014 1:02AM
    Wololo.
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an advocate for sorc fixes, I do not think they are weak. Our class abilities suck besides crit surge. They need revisited. I promise any other class could do this too. I was grinding spells car solo with a vr1 Templar. Does that mean it's overpowered? This video doesn't mean it's OP m8. Not attacking you, sorry if it seems that way I just want ppl to understand most of us asking for sorc fixes do not believe we need a buff, we just need most of our class abilities to actually be viable at endgame. Instead of 1 entirely useless line, and a couple other abilities that are ok.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    With critical surge, as long as they take steady damage, have magicka left and don't get disabled, the healing received allows them to clear pretty much anything.

Um, what? Since when are we bad for group PvE?
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Sadist wrote: »

Sorcerer as:
    - Damage Dealer? DKs and NBs have more DPS.
    - Healer? Not a single healing or group buff ability in the class tree. Templars and NBs are better.
    - Tank? No self heal or damage mitigation, only increased armor/spell resist. DKs, NBs and Templars are better.

Sorcerers aren't useless, simply less useful than other classes (apart from using negate magic).

We eat solo content though and bolt escape is an amazing utility spell.
    Wololo.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcerers have zero useful support/mitigation/synergy skills in their whole 3 class trees; all other classes can bring more to the table that benefits the whole group.
    If it wasnt for negate magic (which is very situational only) no one would want to group sorcerers for anything if there are other class candidates available.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »

Sorcerers have zero useful support/mitigation/synergy skills in their whole 3 class trees; all other classes can bring more to the table that benefits the whole group.
    If it wasnt for negate magic (which is very situational only) no one would want to group sorcerers for anything if there are other class candidates available.
    Sorc does have group utility, because sorc has crit surge which reduces the load on the healer drastically. If some squishy dps is going to die in the group, it's going to be the NB, not the sorc.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I post a video of me pulling multiple groups in coldharbour public dungeon at Vet1, will you please post to tell me how seriously skilled I am???

Darkroot is killed in the video by tanking and spamming crushing shock...
  • Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »

Sorc does have group utility, because sorc has crit surge which reduces the load on the healer drastically. If some squishy dps is going to die in the group, it's going to be the NB, not the sorc.

Except the nightblade is keeping a perma-HoT on a least three members of the group, providing a constant 15% group mitigation on bosses, and another 30% group mitigation(60% self) with high uptime. That same nightblade is also doing a couple hundred more DPS than the sorc.

Tell me again how you think the Sorc has group utility?

Sorcs are negate-monkeys, nothing more.
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    v14 wrecking a v2 dungeon.
    Waste of my time and a joke of a video/thread.
    /kill
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »

Except the nightblade is keeping a perma-HoT on a least three members of the group, providing a constant 15% group mitigation on bosses, and another 30% group mitigation(60% self) with high uptime. That same nightblade is also doing a couple hundred more DPS than the sorc.

Question: What's the 15% NB group mitigation on bosses coming from?
    (Edit: my thought is that you meant Shades - that damage mitigation lasts only for the first 4 seconds they are cast, not the whole 20some seconds of the shades, or I'm reading it wrong and it's last for 4 seconds everytime a shade's attack hits - I wish the tooltip was more clear. If anyone is sure one way or the other, please let me know.)

As for sorcs: I think that Encase has great group utility, but most players don't care about group utility, they care about dps (which sorcs do very well at). I do think that they could make Encase cheaper though.

Also: The HoT from the NB isn't great at all. I mean it's good to have all the heals going you can get, but it's weaker than anything from resto or any other class self heal, including sorc crit surge or blood magic passive.
    Edited by xaraan on November 30, 2014 7:23PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only when the group NEEDS a FunnelBlade, otherwise NB DPS doesn't use Funnel Health since 1.4 as the Crushing Shock build is superior DPS. As for VoB, it's up VERY often for DPS yes, but not nearly as often for Healing. Sorcs are also vastly superior at Magicka management than NB's for Healing when you are doing speed runs like 9 min Trials.
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Mud_Puppy wrote: »
    Sorry you feel that way. This guy is doing a dungeon on veteran not normal level and if you look at the bosses he fought one was a V5 with 130,000 plus health the other was a V10 with 150,000 plus health. You may not be impressed but I certainly am.

By the way, I didn't post this to say sorcs should be nerfed, I just was truly impressed plus I'm not a fan of nerfing things.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mud_Puppy wrote: »
    So post your video of you wrecking a VR2 Vet Dungeon with one of your VR14's of choice so we can bow to your awesomeness.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

Only when the group NEEDS a FunnelBlade, otherwise NB DPS doesn't use Funnel Health since 1.4 as the Crushing Shock build is superior DPS. As for VoB, it's up VERY often for DPS yes, but not nearly as often for Healing. Sorcs are also vastly superior at Magicka management than NB's for Healing when you are doing speed runs like 9 min Trials.
    The healing on funnel health is overrated. As you said, NBs don't even prefer to play funnel health builds anymore.
    Edited by Aeratus on November 30, 2014 7:01AM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the people that looked at the title, clicked and saw the video have the expectation that a sorc was clearing a v12 scaled vet bc solo; but was instead disappointed to find it was v2, therefore....comments.
  • Hybris6
    Hybris6
    ✭✭✭
    After watching this video Its obvious sorcerers are overpowered and should go a round or two with a dev and a nerfstick
  • GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check out this video youtu.be/T5oANL62eYk of a Sorc clearing vet BC solo, pretty awesome.

not impressed. I cleared spindle at VR14, and the dungeon was VR12, not nerfed to VR2
  • Aenlir
    Aenlir
    ✭✭✭
    As the sorcerer in these vids, I did this before scaling so it was not "scaled down." That's how they were at the time. Btw, not trying to impress people was just doing it a while back with a friend to see what I could accomplish. Also, I do think sorcerers need to be buffed as most of their abilities are useless.
    Edited by Aenlir on November 30, 2014 4:42PM
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the sorcerer in these vids, I did this before scaling so it was not "scaled down." That's how they were at the time. Btw, not trying to impress people was just doing it a while back with a friend to see what I could accomplish. Also, I do think sorcerers need to be buffed as most of their abilities are useless.

I just watched your BC vid and it is awesome
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • cosmoplayer
    well, just to get more lol, i will say my story.
    i find out for myself that my sorc is overpowered, from the very first levels.
    now i'm R5, that means nothing, but the survivability i have soloing is not normal.
    anybody care about dps, but as i read here, you already know that the sorc has illimitate magika using cfrag and mage fury, the very first spells you get in the sorcerer skill line.
    again we, the mages, can thake advantage of permanent spell, like boundless armor, or the ultimate energy overload, that for me represent another active bar for itself. also have a look at the passives. personally i'm using summoning for bosses and dolmen: i have a powerfull matriark healer and a tank.
    so may be the single spell dps will not be the best, but at the end is the result that make sense.
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcerer as:
    - Damage Dealer? DKs and NBs have more DPS.
    - Healer? Not a single healing or group buff ability in the class tree. Templars and NBs are better.
    - Tank? No self heal or damage mitigation, only increased armor/spell resist. DKs, NBs and Templars are better.

Sorcerers aren't useless, simply less useful than other classes (apart from using negate magic).

We eat solo content though and bolt escape is an amazing utility spell.
    • In terms of raw damage I agree, we're not as good as DK and certain NB builds, but I can definitely hold my own and have never been told my DPS is lacking.
    • Prior to veteran dungeon scaling and all the new PvE content a Sorc healer was the second best healer and was quite viable, but I agree, non-Templar healers just don't stand a chance these days.
    • Critical Surge is pushing it, but it does act as sort of a self heal mechanism though as a tank you won't be stacking crits anyway. Furthermore, I have done all the veteran dungeons with a Sorcerer tank and so I know they're viable. That being said, I agree, a DK tank is pretty hard to beat.

I find negate to be quite handy and what Sorcerers really lack is a decent boss friendly ultimate. While atro is nice and all it doesn't provide any sort of support for the group and gets in the way, but that aside I do feel Sorcerers, or a good Sorcerer, brings a little bit to the table if played properly.

That doesn't make as bad, that makes us selfish! I had hoped for a bit more synergy but alas, that's not the case. All in all I mightn't bring a great deal to the table but I can self heal which helps the healer and I personally like to rock elemental drain which helps both myself and any other individual who uses some sort of element.
    Of course not, well, I'd prefer a Sorcerer damage dealer over a Templar, but that's just me.
    Edited by The_Sadist on December 1, 2014 10:16AM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • cosmoplayer

this tread is just to demostrate that you can mastering the game with any classes, and in this particular case, a sorc doesnt even need a group.
    so why sorc are bad for group PVE when they do even without?

at the end is the player that make the difference. don't you think?
    Edited by cosmoplayer on December 1, 2014 12:23AM