The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bags Suggestion

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a pretty simple suggestion.

Please allow us to buy bags that take 1 slot in our inventory but can be opened to various other inventory sizes. There is already a system in place for this sort of functionality, the Satchels, which currently only allow items to be removed. With a few tweaks this could be a great gold sink and could unburden some players.
  • Allow items to be taken out of and placed back into bags at will.
  • Allow bags to be used in banks as well and allow crafting from those bags within banks.
  • Do not allow bags within bags
  • Players should be able to rename bags for organization purposes.
  • Different colored bags could be sold to further increase the organization options.
  • Sell various sized bag in 5 slot increments starting at 10 slots and going as high as 30 slots. Prices could start at 10,000 for a 10 slot bag and double for each additional 5 slots so a 30 slot bag would cost 160,000 gold.

10 slot Purse – 10,000 G
    15 slot Sack – 20,000 G
    20 slot Tote – 40,000 G
    25 slot Satchel – 80,000 G
    30 slot Duffle – 160,000 G

These bags wouldn’t use the tiered upgrade system that is currently used in banks and inventories, they would be fully accessible upon purchase and non-upgradeable.

A player that wishes to MAX out their inventory with bags would eventually buy 110 30-slot Duffle bags to carry a whopping 3300 items around with them and 240 30-slot Duffle bags for their 7200 slot bank. The TOTAL cost of this would be 56 Million Gold. This could be a very effective way to regularly remove large amounts of gold from the game.

Thoughts?
Edited by Gidorick on September 28, 2014 12:45AM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind that at all. I'd be pretty happy if they made bank space a lot cheaper though. My next upgrade will cost me 28k for 10 slots, and that's just to much, so I now have a mule character.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Stop complaining @Kcttocs my next upgrade is 70k for 10 slots.

As an old veteran SWG crafter I can firmly confirm that you can never ever have too mush space to store items that might be good to have one day. You who played SWG know what I'm talking about. So I would never ever say no to more bank space or bag space.

But for gold sinks. Over all gold sinks that are only a one time pay is never really any good. The best gold sinks are those that have reoccurring payments. Like repairs, the need to buy new and replace old items and so on. So adding more bank space as a form of a gold sink is not really the best idea.... However if there are no limit to the bank space...
    Edited by Sunrock on October 2, 2014 7:26AM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see your point about the one time purchase not being a gold sink but I think most players would buy smaller bags and then upgrade them later because of the gold they have available at the time. If one player ever bought enough bags to fill ALL their slots at each tier, it would cost a whopping 108.5 million gold.

I think there are enough options here that are expensive enough that most players would never buy enough bags to fill every one of their inventory slots so it would function as a passive temptation.

To make it infinite the developers could allow bags within bags within bags within bags......and down the rabbit hole we would go! Lol.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Soulharvester
    Soulharvester
    ✭✭✭
    I like this! I would like to add, companions to this!

In my opinion, I believe, having the ability to purchase various sizes bags along with a companions, whether it be quest gained or purchased.

I think quest gained companions would be nicer!

Companions, should have some basic skills which can be upgraded.
    Companions should level with the character.
    Companions should be no-trade, one companions per character.
    Companions should have (its) own storage, which is also upgradeable, or like bags where we could purchase additional slots or a "learning" ability that gives them more strength to carry more items etc...

Notice the "its", let the players decide what or who they want as a companion. This does two things:

Number one: it makes for an interesting system, something that players can enhance or modify over time to increase the abilities, giving them more control on skills, designs, cosmetics, dialogue, make it funny at times. I think hearing the exploits of pacrooti being read would make for a nice break from time to time, not to mention the RP aspect of it.

Number two: special companions can be part of a marketing tool for a future upgrade, for example, a housing upgrade which may sell for whatever amount of monies can include such a special "house" companion, random draw of a specific useful tier but nothing that is p2w, purely cosmetic. In fact, we should never see anything short of cosmetic for sale in a marketplace. Just my personal fyi.

I like the OP suggestion for bag space, plus the ability to carry it or have something carry it for us, opens the door to other things such as wagons, carts, remote tents, remote crafting stations, etc. Just some extras.

I do not expect everything or anything to be picked up on, but maybe OP or anyone else can add or detract from this and maybe bring a solid solution to the table! I like the idea of more space, I think most of us do. It should cost gold, no doubt, maybe not so much for the lower level players, but also, those lower level players should not be able to max out bank space either.

Let it be every 10 levels, we get an extra 10 spaces and the ability to triple it through purchasing from the ideas OP suggested, I think that alone would solve a lot of problems. I never needed more than 15 slots myself and thats with crafting. The other slots are either not used or hold my research items which frankly, I can just go out and farm for it and in minutes have what I need or trade/buy it from a seller.

The only craftings I would suggest has its own storage is the provisioning and the alchemy, the rest, they do not need it. Of course those 2 will be available just like everything else, but those could use some extra space on its own. No need to clutter up a bank with it, besides, how often do we store a perishables with armor lol, well maybe a few of us do but it stinks up the armor!

Nobody likes the stinky warrior in the group! ;)

Sorry for the typos, losing a battle with the cursed cold and it apparently amplifies my laziness for corectiions!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 100% agree with companions!

CompanionsampPets_zpse0841078.png
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    This is a pretty simple suggestion.

Please allow us to buy bags that take 1 slot in our inventory but can be opened to various other inventory sizes. There is already a system in place for this sort of functionality, the Satchels, which currently only allow items to be removed. With a few tweaks this could be a great gold sink and could unburden some players.
    • Allow items to be taken out of and placed back into bags at will.
    • Allow bags to be used in banks as well and allow crafting from those bags within banks.
    • Do not allow bags within bags
    • Players should be able to rename bags for organization purposes.
    • Different colored bags could be sold to further increase the organization options.
    • Sell various sized bag in 5 slot increments starting at 10 slots and going as high as 30 slots. Prices could start at 10,000 for a 10 slot bag and double for each additional 5 slots so a 30 slot bag would cost 160,000 gold.

10 slot Purse – 10,000 G
      15 slot Sack – 20,000 G
      20 slot Tote – 40,000 G
      25 slot Satchel – 80,000 G
      30 slot Duffle – 160,000 G

These bags wouldn’t use the tiered upgrade system that is currently used in banks and inventories, they would be fully accessible upon purchase and non-upgradeable.

A player that wishes to MAX out their inventory with bags would eventually buy 110 30-slot Duffle bags to carry a whopping 3300 items around with them and 240 30-slot Duffle bags for their 7200 slot bank. The TOTAL cost of this would be 56 Million Gold. This could be a very effective way to regularly remove large amounts of gold from the game.

Thoughts?

i love this idea, and hope we see it come to life in eso. (or atleast something similar to it)