Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proposal for "One Hand and Focus" Skill Line: Spellsword/Battlemage

ThatHappyCat
ThatHappyCat
✭✭✭✭✭
So this is my take on the rather popular "one-handed weapon with magic" spellsword/battlemage archetype.

As with One Hand and Shield, you main weapon is a sword, axe, mace or dagger; but your off-hand weapon is a new type called a "focus". These come in three varieties: fire, ice, and lightning, and are made by woodworkers.

Your basic light attack is the same as with One Hand and Shield. Your heavy attack however utilitises your focus to deal melee, elemental damage: fire with a fire focus, frost with an ice focus, etc. This attack, if fully charged, restores magicka.

All One Hand and Focus abilities cost magicka. Where it says "elemental damage", the element depends on your focus.

Arcane Weapon

While toggled, light and heavy attacks deal additional elemental damage, but cost magicka for every hit. Fully charged heavy attacks do not restore magicka, but deal significantly increased elemental damage. Automatically untoggles if there is insufficient magicka for the next hit.

Sundering Weapon

Heavy attacks also inflict Minor Breach for 8 seconds, reducing Spell Resistance.

Blasting Weapon

Elemental damage from Arcane Weapon is dealt to up to 6 enemies within 5 metres.

Telekinetic Pull

Pulls target up to 18 metres away to your location.

Concussive Pull

Also stuns target for 2 seconds.

Into the Void

Now pulls up to 6 enemies in a 10 metre radius around you to your location. Magicka cost increased.

Shroud of Elements

Grants Minor Warding, increasing Spell Resistance, and deals elemental damage to enemies that hit you with a melee attack. Lasts for 20 seconds.

Elemental Armour

Also grants Minor Resolve, increasing Armour.

Refreshing Shroud

Heals you every 2 seconds while Shroud is active.

Battle Focus

Grants Minor Berserk, Minor Endurance and Minor Intellect for 12 seconds, increasing damage done by 8% and stamina and magicka recovery by 10%.

Concentrated Focus

Also grants Major Endurance and Major Intellect, increasing stamina and magicka recovery by 30%.

Battle Trance

No longer grants any buffs. Caster is stunned (unaffected by CC immunity) for 1 second. If hit by any attack during this time, caster gains Empower for 5 seconds, increasing damage done on the next attack by 20%; restores a large amount of stamina and magicka, gains CC immunity for 5 seconds and is teleported behind the attacker. Attacker is stunned for 3 seconds.

Destructive Aura

Enemies within a radius of 8 metres take elemental damage every second. Lasts for 8 seconds.

Destructive Storm

Damage per tick increases by 7% every second.

Destructive Wave

First tick deals 50% extra damage and inflicts an effect depending on element. Fire Wave knock enemies back, Frost Wave immobilises and Shock Wave stuns.

Passives

Battle Magic

Every time you use a One Hand and Focus ability (except Arcane Weapon), gain 2.5%/5% of your maximum stamina.

Elemental Fighter

Increases chance to inflict burning, chilled and concussion effects by 15%/30%.

Arcane Shield

15%/30% of stamina cost when blocking is paid with magicka. Increases block mitigation against spells by 8%/15%.

Discipline

Increases the duration of One Hand and Focus abilities by 10%/20%.

Sword and Sorcery

Chance to bleed with axe, increased armour penetration with mace, increased damage with sword, increased critical chance with dagger. With fully charged heavy attacks: slows with ice focus, splash damage with lightning focus, increased damage with fire focus.
Edited by ThatHappyCat on May 15, 2015 4:08PM
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 100% agree/support because In every ES game I've played as a spell sword (In Oblivion I didn't even use a shield, only a sword and magic).

Though A few things would need to be changed to make it not overpowered/underpowered.
    ~Thallen~
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea. Really like how it tries to be a balance of magicka/stamina, as this allows for more flexibility with other weapon and class skills.
  • cosmoplayer
    in skyrim i've always played mace in one hand , spell in the other.
    your fantastic proposal is my dream, becouse since i start eso, i miss pretty much my play style.
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea. Really like how it tries to be a balance of magicka/stamina, as this allows for more flexibility with other weapon and class skills.

Actually, it would make much more sense if using a focus allowed your weapon attacks and it's weapon skills to use magicka/spell damage/spell crit, because that's what every other magicka based skill will do in 1.6. Mixing attributes barely makes sense now, and will do even less so in the future.

Other then that, awesome idea. I'd love to see it.
    Edited by guybrushtb16_ESO on November 28, 2014 8:54PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, it would make much more sense if using a focus allowed your weapon attacks and it's weapon skills to use magicka/spell damage/spell crit, because that's what every other magicka based skill will do in 1.6. Mixing attributes barely makes sense now, and will do even less so in the future.

Other then that, awesome idea. I'd love to see it.

True they said they were changing destro and restro to use spell damage. But I hope there are some more stamina options available in the future, or at least some new ways to use magicka as a means to block.

Blocking with magicka is probably the one largest unavailable option keeping stamina builds sub par.
    Edited by danno8 on November 28, 2014 10:54PM
  • WrathOfRegicide
    WrathOfRegicide
    ✭✭✭
    1 hand and focus...gross this isn't guild wars 2. One hand and magic skill line yes. I'm sick of waving a stick around like a fairy princess instead we need a 1 hand and magic skill line. Spellsword skill line would be pretty bada**; in every TES game i've been a dunmer spellsword and i was a bit disappointed that i couldn't use 1 hand and magic in ESO.
    Edited by WrathOfRegicide on November 29, 2014 12:19AM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is my take on the rather popular "one-handed weapon with magic" spellsword/battlemage archetype.

As with One Hand and Shield, you main weapon is a sword, axe, mace or dagger; but your off-hand weapon is a new type called a "focus". These comes in three varieties: fire, ice, and lightning, and are made by woodworkers.

Your basic light attack is the same as with One Hand and Shield. Your heavy attack however utilitises your focus to deal melee, elemental damage: fire with a fire focus, frost with an ice focus, etc. This attack, if fully charged, restores magicka.

All One Hand and Focus abilities use magicka. Where it says "elemental damage" or "elemental resistance", the element depends on your focus.

Arcane Armaments
    While toggled, light and heavy attacks deal additional elemental damage, but cost magicka for every hit. Fully charged heavy attacks do not restore magicka, but deal significantly increased elemental damage. Automatically untoggles if there is insufficient magicka for the next hit.

Sundering Edge
    Light and heavy attacks also reduce elemental resistance by 2% for 10 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

Arcane Submission
    Elemental damage from Arcane Weapon is dealt to all enemies within 4 meters of target, and taunts the initial target to attack you for 15 Seconds.

Telekinetic Pull
    Pulls target up to 18 meters away to your location.

Telekinetic Grasp
    Attack now deals Damage. Your next Focus attack has it's power increased by 55.

Void Reach
    Now pulls and roots all targets in a 10 meter radius around you to your location for 5 Seconds. Magicka cost increased.Cap is 6 enemy targets.

Shroud of Elements
    Increases spell resistance by 500 and deals elemental damage based on the focus equipped to anything that hits you with a melee attack. Lasts for 12 seconds.

Shrouded Shield
    When active, Spell Resistance and Armor increased by 500, and all damage received is reduced by 10%.

Refreshing Shroud
    Heals you for X every 2 seconds while Shroud is active.

Focused Strike
    1.3 Second Cast time, 8m Range - Charged up a blast of raw elemental energy within your weapon before striking, dealing X Magic Damage based on your Focus with a 15% chance for the following effects:

Electric - Shock and concuss an enemy, lowering their damage done by 10%
    Frost - Freeze and slow an enemy by 50% and lower their armor by 20%.
    Fire - Ignite an enemy for an additional XXX Magic Damage and XX over 8 Seconds.

Focused Conviction
    1.3 Cast Time - Same effects as before, but if this ability critically strikes, the next use of it becomes instant cast. 5 Second Cooldown on the proc.

Focused Destruction
    1.3 Second Cast Time - In addition to original effect, the attack now returns 20% of the damage done as Stamina and passively increased Magicka Recovery by 15% when slotted.

Destructive Aura
    Enemies within a radius of 8 meters take X elemental damage every second. Lasts for 10 seconds.

Destructive Wave
    Damage per tick increases by 2% every second the effect is active. Duration Increased by 5 Seconds.

Destructive Blitz
    First tick deals 50% extra damage and inflicts an effect depending on element. Fire Wave knock enemies back 10 meters, Frost Wave immobilizes and Shock Wave stuns for 4 Seconds.

Passives

Battle Mage
    Every time you use a One Hand and Focus Heavy Attack, gain 2.5%/5% of your maximum stamina.

Elemental Fighter
    Increases chance to inflict burning, chilled and concussion effects by 25%/50%.

Arcane Shield
    When blocking an enemy attack, restore 5/10% of the damage as Magicka and Health.

Discipline And Practice
    Increases the duration of One Hand and Focus abilities by 2/4 Seconds.

Sword and Sorcery
    Axes increase All Critical Strike Chance by 2.5/5%
    Maces bypass 5/10% of an enemy's Spell Resistance and Armor.
    Swords Increase Attack Speed by 7/15% and Range by 2/4 meters for all attacks.

I redid this to better fit how the game might be played once 1.6 hits, not to mention make it more in line with the other weapon skill lines. It has utility, AoE, and a single target cast move for super damage in PvE settings. Also has tank friendly moves to allow this skill line to be used for tanking should the user desire such a thing.

Also, this really, really needs to be a thing @ZoS.

Also, I would really like it if we all described what a Focus is exactly, or rather let each race have it's own unique type of focus, from an armored gauntlet with runes on it for Nords, to a short staff for Bretons, to a metal rod for Imperials, etc. That'd be cool as hell I think.
    Edited by Khivas_Carrick on November 29, 2014 6:21AM
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS! SO MUCH THIS! (sorry for the caps I'm just excitable) I miss the days of having a spell in one hand and a blade in the other. I would love to see more weapon skill lines be added. Unarmed, Pike, etc. We *might* kind of get what OP is talking about once spellcrafting is added, but we shall see.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, this is something best expected in an expansion pack, although I must ask as to why it wasn't included in the initial launch of the game when it's a set staple of how people have played Elder Scrolls beforehand.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Durann
    Durann
    ✭✭
    I dont want to beat on dead horses, but this would push DKs so much again that this forum would explode. I, as a DK, would love to see this, but if i could just set my banner and cinder storm, and then pull all enemies back to me... :D well, QQ
  • drrose33cub18_ESO
    drrose33cub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I played a battle mage in Skyrim, I would have loved that option here
  • GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES!

But I want the option to have a focus and a shield instead of a focus and a sword.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just have 3 weapon lines: two hand, main hand, and off hand.

Then you could mix and match skills from main hand and off hand.

You could also consider putting staves in both two hand and off hand categories and giving them different skill lines. Or creating an off hand equivalent like artifacts.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. Unfortunately while there are several good ideas out there for new skill lines they've already stated we won't be seeing any for quite some time. Champ, Spell Crafting, thieves, and brotherhood (the last two they've been talking about for well over a year now long before launch) will be the only skill lines we see in the foreseeable future.

Have seen ideas for wands or rune stones as an answer to 1h staves. Requests for H2H, stamina based pet builds, new healing weapons, and a wide variety of other really great ideas for new skill trees. Maybe eventually we'll get to see some variety.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea, this (with spears) should be real nice additions to the combat/build versitility, although the skills you suggest could use some work me thinks
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i would give this a try.

• ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump and updated for 2.0.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spellswords are always nice.. I almost don't play anything else in my Skyrim (modded to hell ofc B) )

Some more "weapon mastery" oriented 1handed specs I'd like to see as well:

Thief
    Crossbow in left hand + one handed weapon in right hand
    I've noticed that the Silver Bolts skill has a pretty nice model and animation, it would be a shame not to put it to better use than it is currently. Not to mention that for some reason, using Silver Bolts currently hides ALL your weapons, despite using only left hand for shooting. That's something that irritates me while I'm playing my gimped NB, who I intentionally play with 1 sword only, for fun.

This weapon class would focus on not being hit, and instead, crippling opponent. Has an combination of melee and ranged weapon skills, supporting hit&run tactics.

Skills:
    1: Diagonal
    - diagonal slash with right hand weapon, dealing average instant damage.
    morph1: stuns and puts enemy off balance if you hit him while casting
    morph2: adds short but strong bleeding DoT

2: Crippling Shot
    - shoots a bolt for average instant damage, reducing enemy movement speed by 70% for 5 seconds.
    morph1: aims for the knee, rooting the enemy instead for 5 seconds
    morph2: aims for vital organs. Instead of reduced movement speed deals greater damage and a DoT

3: Riposte
    - passive: blocking enemy attack increases your weapon damage by 15% for 5 seconds (refreshes, does not stack)
    - active: pierces through an enemy. Deals full average damage, ignoring block
    morph1: if the enemy was blocking, stuns and puts target off balance for 3 seconds
    morph2: bashing the enemy also procs passive

4: Low Kick
    - full circle spin that deals high damage (SPLIT among targets hit) average damage and knocks down all targets
    morph1: uses main hand weapon instead of leg, dealing full damage to all targets
    morph2: grants invulnerability (same as roll dodge has) for the full duration of animation

5: Headshot
    - shoots bolt aiming for the head, dealing high damage. Has 1.2s cast time.
    morph1: damage done is increased by up to 300%, inversely proportional to enemy HP percentage.
    morph2: guaranteed critical hit when attacking from behind/stealth/sneak

passives:
    - 5/10% bonus stamina regeneration
    - 10/20% stamina cost reduction for weapon skills
    - for 5 seconds after blocking an attack, movement speed is increased by 30%
    - 5/10% increased critical chance
    - reduces roll dodge cost by 20/40%

Lancer
    Spear in one hand
    Technically, spears are one handed weapons and were generally used together with shields, be it mounted combat or foot troops. I have nothing against using spear+shield, but that belongs technically to 1handed+shield, which means there would be no change there. Using ONLY spear has it's obvious downsides (lack of close-range countermeasures other than swinging around with spear's handle), but such lancer has far greater agility, mobility and precision in attacks than one clad in heavy armor with a shield.
    Well, to be honest, this comes close to 2handed weapon, as most animations will probably grip spear with both hands.
    Since CC immunity is implemented, there's no reason why not to use some more powerful effects just out of fear that it would be OP... behold the ultimate stamina AoE madness!

1: Snake Bite
    - two slashes, one diagonal and one horizontal, dealing average damage to enemies in the frontal cone with each slash
    morph1: deals double damage if the enemy is alone
    morph2: also adds short but powerful poison DoT

2: Glorious Charge
    - lunges forward with the spear, traveling up to 25m and dealing high damage.
    morph1: target is knocked down for 3 seconds
    morph2: inflicts short but powerful bleed and slows enemy movement by 70% for 4 seconds.

3: Whirling Steel
    - using both hands swings the spear in a circle around character's body, dealing average damage to all nearby (about 6m player centered AoE) targets
    morph1: also deals bonus damage to casting targets, interrupts, stuns and puts them off balance
    morph2: adds a knockback and a short knockdown to all enemies in range

4: Lancer Stance
    - toggle: trades 20% weapon damage for 35% dodge chance.
    morph1: dodging enemy's attack increases your next attack's damage (DoT ticks do not count) to normal amount (= makes you ignore that 20% wd debuff for next attack)
    morph2: also reduces spell damage by 20%, but dodge chance is increased to 45%

5: Steel Storm
    - channeled. Alternates between slashes and stabs in a frontal cone, dealing high damage with each tick.
    morph1: deals 50% more damage if it's only hitting one target
    morph2: reflects maximum of 1 spell per second that are cast from frontal cone while channeling

passives:
    - area of effect weapon skills are 5/10% stronger
    - weapon skills cost 10/20% less stamina
    - melee range is increased by 2/4m
    - roll dodge travels 2/4m farther away
    - critical strikes with physical abilities has a 20/40% chance to leave a DoT

Fencer
    Rapier (a very light sword with slender blade, often sharpened only along one endge and a point)
    Ultimate swordsman is here! Main objectives: 1) never get hit yourself, 2) hit everything that's moving! One word: fast! Fencer is a polar opposite of Lancer, posessing no area of effect abilities at all, instead excels at locking down and finishing a single enemy at a time, not giving him much chances to fight back.

1: Double Slash
    - slashes diaginally from bottom up and back down (it's a bit more complicated motion since it only has one sharp edge and fencer has to twist his hand a bit), dealing 2x moderate damage. Critical damage is increased by 20%.
    morph1: deals up to 300% increased damage, inversely proportional to remaining HP of the enemy
    morph2: stuns casting enemy and puts him off balance

2: Wild Dash
    - increases weapon damage by 20% and movement speed by 40% for 10 seconds
    morph1: reduces movement speed buff to 25%, but it stays active at all time while the ability is slotted
    morph2: each critical strike adds 2 seconds to the buff duration

3: Exploit
    - deals average damage. If used within 2 seconds after blocking an attack, damage is doubled.
    morph1: also taunts target for 5 seconds (pseudo offtank? why not?)
    morph2: attacking from behind deals 25% increased damage (so it may be somewhat useful even outside soloing)

4: Fencing Mastery
    - toggle: while active, light attack animation is twice as fast and apply the same effect as blocking for a short while (realistically parrying - furiously mashing left mouse button negates attacks the same as holding right button would), but light attacks deal 50% less damage (same dps, as animation is twice as fast).
    morph1: also deflects single target spells from frontal cone
    morph2: also adds 40% dodge chance for the duration of charging a heavy attack

5: Flash
    - extremely fast stab through the enemy, dealing high damage and stunning it for 3 seconds.
    morph1: changes 3s stun to 15s disorient
    morph2: Also adds short but powerful bleeding DoT

passives:
    - increases attack speed by 10/20%.
    - reduces weapon skill stamina costs by 10/20%
    - weapon skills and and attacks ignore 10/20% armor
    - reduces cost of roll dodge and blocking by 10/20%.
    - increases dodge chance by 5/10% and amount blocked by 10/20%.
  • killed_Persephone
    killed_Persephone
    ✭✭✭
    /sign for the Spellsword

After all these years? Always!
    Edited by killed_Persephone on December 4, 2019 6:48AM
    PC-EU ~|~ CP 1200+ ~|~ UserID: 'killed.Persephone' | Gilde: Tamriels Häkelfreunde & Smile | Passionierte PvE'lerin ohne Battle-Pets
    Rhíanwyn "Rhíann Runenstein" Fenrisversen ~|~ Bretonin ~|~ Zauberin ~|~ EP
    Familienclan Fenrisversen:
    • Rhagnar "Wolfsmond" Fenrisversen ~|~Nord ~|~ Drachenritter ~|~ EP
    • Brynja "Schneewolf" Fenrisversen ~|~ Nord ~|~ Templerin ~|~ EP
    • Persephone Vadryn ~|~ Dunmer ~|~ Nekromantin/Vampir ~|~ EP
    • Amee-Lee ~|~ Argonierin ~|~ Drachenritterin ~|~ EP
    • Lagertha gra-Khadgar ~|~ Ork ~|~ Hüterin ~|~ EP
    • Kíeraniel Grünschatten ~|~ Bosmer ~|~ Hüterin ~|~ AD
    • Shuvani ~|~ Khajiit ~|~ Nekromantin ~|~ AD
    • Eljadhwyn ~|~ Altmer ~|~ Templerin ~|~ AD
    • Eljadhan ~|~ Altmer ~|~ Zauberer ~|~ AD
    • Diana Peregrinus ~|~ Kaiserliche ~|~ Drachenritterin ~|~ DB
    • Robín Locksley ~|~ Bretonin ~|~ Nachtklinge ~|~ DB
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for more weapon variety. Honestly I'd also love to see spears or crossbows.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet! Make it so!

I’ve wanted a battlemage magblade forever.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As with One Hand and Shield, you main weapon is a sword, axe, mace or dagger; but your off-hand weapon is a new type called a "focus". These come in three varieties: fire, ice, and lightning, and are made by woodworkers.

All One Hand and Focus abilities cost magicka. Where it says "elemental damage", the element depends on your focus.

Arcane Weapon

Sundering Weapon

Heavy attacks also inflict Minor Breach for 8 seconds, reducing Spell Resistance.

Blasting Weapon

Elemental damage from Arcane Weapon is dealt to up to 6 enemies within 5 metres.

Telekinetic Pull

Pulls target up to 18 metres away to your location.

Concussive Pull

Also stuns target for 2 seconds.

Into the Void

Now pulls up to 6 enemies in a 10 metre radius around you to your location. Magicka cost increased.

Shroud of Elements

Grants Minor Warding, increasing Spell Resistance, and deals elemental damage to enemies that hit you with a melee attack. Lasts for 20 seconds.

Elemental Armour

Also grants Minor Resolve, increasing Armour.

Refreshing Shroud

Heals you every 2 seconds while Shroud is active.

Battle Focus

Grants Minor Berserk, Minor Endurance and Minor Intellect for 12 seconds, increasing damage done by 8% and stamina and magicka recovery by 10%.

Concentrated Focus

Also grants Major Endurance and Major Intellect, increasing stamina and magicka recovery by 30%.

Battle Trance

No longer grants any buffs. Caster is stunned (unaffected by CC immunity) for 1 second. If hit by any attack during this time, caster gains Empower for 5 seconds, increasing damage done on the next attack by 20%; restores a large amount of stamina and magicka, gains CC immunity for 5 seconds and is teleported behind the attacker. Attacker is stunned for 3 seconds.

Destructive Aura

Enemies within a radius of 8 metres take elemental damage every second. Lasts for 8 seconds.

Destructive Storm

Damage per tick increases by 7% every second.

Destructive Wave

First tick deals 50% extra damage and inflicts an effect depending on element. Fire Wave knock enemies back, Frost Wave immobilises and Shock Wave stuns.

Passives

Battle Magic

Every time you use a One Hand and Focus ability (except Arcane Weapon), gain 2.5%/5% of your maximum stamina.

Elemental Fighter

Increases chance to inflict burning, chilled and concussion effects by 15%/30%.

Arcane Shield

15%/30% of stamina cost when blocking is paid with magicka. Increases block mitigation against spells by 8%/15%.

Discipline

Increases the duration of One Hand and Focus abilities by 10%/20%.

Sword and Sorcery

Chance to bleed with axe, increased armour penetration with mace, increased damage with sword, increased critical chance with dagger. With fully charged heavy attacks: slows with ice focus, splash damage with lightning focus, increased damage with fire focus.
    I like this idea very impressive it must have taken a lot of thought 👍
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Op, your idea seems good, but has a flaw. 1 handed + focus allows you to use magic while wielding a sword, but on the other hand, what happens to those who want to use the focus and a shield?

At least skyrim made that combo possible
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique