The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What about crafting mats storage like collectibles storage?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In a future update there is supposed to be a new storage UI separate from the regular "bag storage" space for collectibles so that your bank/bag isn't cluttered with such items and so that you might actually keep more of them.

In Update 6 there is a plan to simplify provisioning which includes getting rid of many lore appropriate ingredients to also help with storage clutter.

So... what do Provisioners (and other crafters) think of a new crafting mats storage area like the soon-to-be added collectibles UI? A crafter's pantry? You could still use the simplified recipe coding system but would be able to continue make a wide variety of dishes.

I was thinking of the following mechanic:

Basic Pantry: 100 space.
Each level of skill per craft (global): 1 space.

The skill per craft being global means whichever character on the account has the highest level for a craft. So if among all of your characters the highest level for each craft were as follows:

Alchemy -1
Blacksmithing -1
Clothing - 1
Enchanting -1
Provisioning - 1
Woodworking - 1

Your pantry would have 100 + 6 or 106 spaces. This would be a new account with a level one character. Here would be a more mature account:

Alchemy -50
Blacksmithing -38
Clothing - 6
Enchanting -5
Provisioning - 50
Woodworking - 42

Your pantry would have 100 + 291 or 391 spaces.
Edited by tinythinker on November 23, 2014 10:56PM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, but will probably never happen given ZOS's stand on additional storage to date.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that it is designed for crafters to have to sacrifice space. It is the built in down side to being a crafter.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can have to up 240 bankslots and make 7 alts with 110 inventory bags storage enough if you ask me
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another DEAD HORSE thread. Did you use the search feature before making this thread? Topic has been done to death. Your solution reminds me of old saying. "Wish on one hand, crap on the other, which fills first?"
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, but will probably never happen given ZOS's stand on additional storage to date.
    Yeah, I revisited the topic though since ZOS decided to look at storage issues by announcing a planned reduction to the variety of provisioning ingredients and adding a unique storage UI for collectibles/trophies.
    I think that it is designed for crafters to have to sacrifice space. It is the built in down side to being a crafter.
    gresiac wrote: »
    you can have to up 240 bankslots and make 7 alts with 110 inventory bags storage enough if you ask me
    I actually play with four characters at the moment so it's a little less space for alt banks but I manage to find room, even if it is inefficient for mat usage. With the coming to changes to provisioning and collectibles I see more room becoming available for mats in the bank itself. Just wondered if this new concern for storage space by ZOS had rekindled any interest in reorganizing mat storage.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this