The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to beat Impulse Spam Groups

Roechacca
Roechacca
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Want to share a strategy that works very well against Impulse zerg trains . After getting everyone organized , we found this VERY effective against these tactics.

Rule 1) Have a group of Healers, Archers and DK's .

Healers SLOT CALTROPS . You're healing and don't rely on stamina just magica so You can spare some. Mage ruins help as well .

Archers slot Poison arrows and Snipe.

DK's protect the healers and archers.

Rule 2) Put distance between you and the impulse group. Double what you think is necessary in case of lag. Healers fill the area in front of the impulse group with caltrops .

DK's help if You can spare the stamina . Drop mage ruins what ever blocks or slows the impulse group .

Archers rain poison arrows on the enemy .

Rule 3) Rotate around the impulse group . They rely on you being huddled up to slam into you and spam AOE's . Don't let them . Rotate as a group either clock wise or counter clock wise .

Bad Picture to show example of play

FreshPaint-2-20141123-083802.jpg[img]LAST RULE : Watch for stealthed flanks . Don't get caught off guard .[/img]The result ....

Screenshot_20141123_200222.jpg[img][/img]WINNING

We farmed the impulse groups many times last night . I hope this helps anyone annoyed by this old tactic and inspires new "strategies"

Salute To fellow DC

Tiberius and The Fatal Legion for helping
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to add I didn't make this post to call anyone out , name drop or show screen shots of dead players . This is just to help those that want to try different tactics to win . Good fights on both sides tonight .
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i just arrow their knees
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused, Caltrops and Mage Runes are free health/magicka for Absorption Field, and your screenshot just shows a group of 19 players + pubs vs. a single EP on a catapult?
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    I'm confused, Caltrops and Mage Runes are free health/magicka for Absorption Field, and your screenshot just shows a group of 19 players + pubs vs. a single EP on a catapult?

You can clearly see the 30 impulse spamming buggers behind meatbag man
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

I was trying to avoid screen shots showing tons of dead players . Here's a screen shot showing everyone fighting in this fashion . It helped Us save Our keep even out numbered and this was the retaliation push back to bleakers .

The people we were fighting seen what we were doing a changed tactics a few times . Good for them .

Screenshot_20141123_225622.png[img][/img]
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good PUGs have been doing this for months...the true pleasure is when the zergbomb accidentally splits in two because their leader is running around in circles trying to kill every individual enemy with the entirely of the zerg bomb.

The nerf to impulse radius made this infinitely easier, btw...
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the strategy in this thread does work against the mindless AD and EP impulse/wall trains that DC has to fight against.

Good post for PUGs imo. I've encountered EP groups trying to do this and there's a pretty consistent counter we use. But if it's working, keep doing it until they learn!
    Characters: Hovaling/Lfehova/Hova-kun/Hovalicious
    Class: DK/DK/Sorc/Templar
    Guild: No Mercy
    Alliance: Daggerfall

Characters after rename: BROVALING/Baka-kun/Brovalicious (Lfehova is now a retired DK and spends his days crafting)
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recommendation is the Zelda A Link to the Past - Vitreous boss

Tab target their healer or one of them with low health and pull the out of position, then whack away. Trick is to pull them back or the sides of where their zerg is running and hope they won't notice or if they fo, let them stall dragon knights chains and silver leash (on vamps) is pretty useful for this. Alternatively less effective are single target stuns to the back lines, but easily broken out of snd still in the heals.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lfehova wrote: »
    Honestly the strategy in this thread does work against the mindless AD and EP impulse/wall trains that DC has to fight against.

Good post for PUGs imo. I've encountered EP groups trying to do this and there's a pretty consistent counter we use. But if it's working, keep doing it until they learn!

It used to work on No Mercy as well, back when you guys used impulse/ulti dumps as your main damage dealers. Nowadays you guys seem a little more CoE/multi directional vs the old blob and move you used to do.

When TKO was fighting you at nikel the other day we noticed it right away, and had to adjust on the fly. It actually got us wiped at the ash milegate if you remember. We were not expecting that much damage as we approached, it was earlier than expected.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry ZOS we fixed the LOS issue with the boxes..... Just stomped them out.
    2076480.jpg