Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Way of Emp Trading.

Pixysticks
Pixysticks
✭✭✭✭✭
Current emp abdicates the throne the day before a patch comes out, or the server is taken down for maintenance, and when the server comes back up the next place person will be crowned as emp without any flipping.

Please change this not to happen as well as scrolls not defaulting to reset when the server is taken down for a patch or maintenance. Thank you.
Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    Current emp abdicates the throne the day before a patch comes out, or the server is taken down for maintenance, and when the server comes back up the next place person will be crowned as emp without any flipping.

Please change this not to happen as well as scrolls not defaulting to reset when the server is taken down for a patch or maintenance. Thank you.

Why is it my old copy of Fallout 1 I got off Good Old Games has a better working save game feature than ESO?
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it my old copy of Fallout 1 I got off Good Old Games has a better working save game feature than ESO?

Yeah, I really don't know how it can remember a variable like how much AP I've earned, but can't remember the Scroll of Ghartok is currently held in so and so keep.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I really don't know how it can remember a variable like how much AP I've earned, but can't remember the Scroll of Ghartok is currently held in so and so keep.

So what you're saying is if EP on Thornblade went down and successfully took the Elder Scroll of Mnem and set it at Farragut that upon server maintenance that scroll would reappear down in the scroll temple when the server came back up?

Sorry if I sound like a little nooblet, but I don't play on Thornblade and on Haderus usually AD takes the scroll back from us in a few hours.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

So what you're saying is if EP on Thornblade went down and successfully took the Elder Scroll of Mnem and set it at Farragut that upon server maintenance that scroll would reappear down in the scroll temple when the server came back up?

Sorry if I sound like a little nooblet, but I don't play on Thornblade and on Haderus usually AD takes the scroll back from us in a few hours.

All scrolls get reset back to their scroll temples when a patch happens or it's actually taken offline for maintenance.

Also emperor gets defaulted to the highest person in an alliance if someone abdicates right before, without having to have another faction take emp first and re-capture the inner rings.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. Maybe they should hire back the other 2k programmers they laid off and let the existing one have a holiday
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    Working as intended. Maybe they should hire back the other 2k programmers they laid off and let the existing one have a holiday

WTF are you talking about

They didnt lay off any programmers

stop talking out of your arse
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All scrolls get reset back to their scroll temples when a patch happens or it's actually taken offline for maintenance.

Also emperor gets defaulted to the highest person in an alliance if someone abdicates right before, without having to have another faction take emp first and re-capture the inner rings.

I wish this worked on Haderus; our scrolls never get returned.

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »

Me thinks he is referring to this,

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/03/the-elder-scrolls-online-developer-suffers-layoffs
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

because fallout 1 was not made by milk drinkers
    Edited by Cody on November 24, 2014 11:14PM
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/03/the-elder-scrolls-online-developer-suffers-layoffs

Those were CS employees who were laid off, not developers.

Bad article causing misinformation that is then incorrectly regurgitated.

Pretty much par for the internet :)

• Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

Those were CS employees who were laid off, not developers.

Bad article causing misinformation that is then incorrectly regurgitated.

Pretty much par for the internet :)

I stand corrected. .. sucks to be wrong.. i will read a little closer next time.. still think they need more resources if they can't fix things like this in any timely fashion
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DiE is on Haderus now to crown emperors; looks like Haderus is the new emperor trading campaign.
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the legit Emps(not many) but they should erase and do away with this entire system.
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on November 25, 2014 11:46AM
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the legit Emps(not many) but they should erase and do away with this entire system.

It is certainly a tainted process. One measure to curtail it would be to have Emp buffs expire 30 days after being dethroned. I know Rylana and some of the other legit emps would be hurt but the integrity of the system needs to be fixed.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »

It is certainly a tainted process. One measure to curtail it would be to have Emp buffs expire 30 days after being dethroned. I know Rylana and some of the other legit emps would be hurt but the integrity of the system needs to be fixed.

I'd go even further and have all buffs removed upon losing Emperor. All you get is the title, dye, and the associated achievement.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't new and has always happened. If there is no downtimes then it's the next player at number one who is crowed something like 48 hours later.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go even further and have all buffs removed upon losing Emperor. All you get is the title, dye, and the associated achievement.

[/quote]

The sad thing is "Former Emperor" is looked at by the majority of players as basically a badge of dishonor and a prime target in PVP.

What's happening on Haderus?
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This isn't new and has always happened. If there is no downtimes then it's the next player at number one who is crowed something like 48 hours later.

Untrue as stated previously. On blackwater blade NA, over a week passed with two maintenance windows, the whole ring being red, and the number 1 guy on EP was never bumped, despite having required AP.

There is something very amiss going on. Either BB uses a different ruleset, or the devs have been monkeying with things internally again.

Id personally settle on the latter, as I fully did not expect this to happen, having seen the exact same scenario play out entirely in the opposite direction.

To wit: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/136391/dear-ep-faction-of-blackwater-blade-na/p1
    Edited by Rylana on November 25, 2014 1:13PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I can confirm this tactic worked months ago on the old trading server as I saw it myself, as well at the long period of holding all keeps with no emperor crowning the next in line.

There was a discussion about it on these forums long ago where people chimed in what would happen if you held the whole map without ever losing an imperial keep.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were a lot of exploitable scenarios the devs did address more or less quietly due to NA Celarus being a literal 10 emp a day fiasco at some points.

Single keep flipping, server restart flipping, etc. The whole 48 hour rule was put in place specifically for that reason as I recall. What baffles me, and surprised me, is inclusive of the BB incident above, I have seen similar scenarios play out before (also on BB) when an emp is leveled out of the campaign (abdicates by game design force).

Maybe BB uses different rules, that I do not know, but what I do know is it is cheesy and another hole that needs plugging since it obviously still exists somewhere.

Once an emp abdicates (willingly on a vet campaign or either willingly/unwillingly on nonvet) the campaign should require a scoreboard reset (or another factions emp being crowned) before any other emps can be crowned for that faction

That has always been the fix needed for these blasted buff/swap servers, and ive said it at least a dozen times over the last year =/
    Edited by Rylana on November 25, 2014 1:26PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. This is making it less honourable for me to sport my "Former Emperor" titles. Screw it though, I'll wear it till death, then I'll respawn and destroy your groups.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was always like this... almost arrogant to call it a new way as if you would be the first to see it. Almost. Not like there wasn't still the possibility to be just a bit slow in learning ;) .

But really now, that is old and was seen as a minor issue when there was a lot of emp trading between the factions in (nearly) empty campaign since while it took away the meaning from the emp title, it still let the factions fight each other for the emperor keeps.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It won't be for lack of trying on EPs part to amend the issue. Right now it's what I was afraid of, another DK emp that takes a literal army to kill and keeps healing up to full despite having snipes up. I wish they had left in heal debuff stacking for this ***. he's easy enough to kill when you corner him outside in a tunnel by yourself and can keep him knocked down, but when he has heal bunny support it's difficult. I'm not angry so much that he's emp now more that we didn't have the ability contest it, and that he basically got awarded it through a hideous glitch in the system.

I still maintain Zeni should do a clean slate and remove all buffs from all former emps and revamp the system so it will only mark the best of the best, and not someone's girlfriend/boyfriend because they want it really bad. There's some emps that actually earned it and kept it because they were good and made good use of their abilities, then there's some that you know had no business getting it but received it because they cheesed the system.

I'm almost wondering if Zeni actually endorses the pve buff server mentality. A friend of mine told me one dev made a remark about 'oh we don't have our buffs' on ESO Live the other day, and he believes that referred to the MIA emp buff for health.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    whats happening on hedarus?(too lazy to find the quote) same thing the AD on hopesfire did. get their emperor/ress and about 4X the number of their opponents and zerg-flip a keep/resources as soon as it changes color, even if its a home keep/resource. then some of them(as in a lot of them) proceed to camp the gates for the next half hour like a bunch of D-bags.

whoever it was that asked, i hope i answered your question.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are afraid of DiE, so they are being very protective.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody is afraid of DiE. They can't even take an outpost on a buff server.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I dunno if its because they had to reroll or because they're not used to the raw ferocity of Haderus AD but DiE didn't seem that strong...then again it was really late they might not have been at full capacity I dunno how many members they have.

I know like 3/4ths of the ESO player base probably doesn't celebrate, but I'll be going home for the holiday and enjoying time with the family. When I get back I look forward to pounding the AD into stuffing...for turkeys...and stuffing ;)
  • cricripetitb16_ESO
    Maybe if you go bow ull be able to kill DiE
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respect a high rank badge before I respect "former emp"

That being said we aren't a huge community, most people know who has legitimately reigned at some point and who hasn't.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

Nobody is afraid of DiE. They can't even take an outpost on a buff server.

DiE brought in help from Agrippa and failed miserably. Starting to see what a joke DiE really is in Cyrodiil.