The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Exp rollback?

Usmar
Usmar
✭✭✭
Last night when I logged out, I was about 60-70% of the way through Veteran Rank 9 and I logged in today to find myself at only about 10% of the way into it. What is the deal? I know there have been some changes to the Veteran Rank Experience System but I was on par to finishing this zone and going into the VT-10 zone. Now I am severely behind and will surely struggle just a little more...
  • Usmar
    Usmar
    ✭✭✭
    My group member has the same issue and even though his exp bar shows him at being about 20% into VT-9, he just ranked up to VT-10 lol. The issue seems to be with the actual exp bar and not with the exp itself...
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Don't consider the percentage, it is just an UI error that will be fixed in next patch; when you reach 1.000.000, you should rank up.

It's explained here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1375606/#Comment_1375606
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's say you have 500,000XP.
    The UI now displays 500,000/4,000,000XP in your bar, while it actually is 500,000/1,000,000XP.
    As soon as you reach 1M, your veteran level will be increased.
    This issue will probably be fixed with 1.5.5, it's just visual now. Your character is fine.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 14, 2014 8:46AM
    Wololo.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there!

As mentioned by other folks in the thread, percentages are going to be a bit dicey until the experience values are fixed in the next patch. It's likely that you've experienced a rollback because the UI now states that you need 4 million XP to advance your veteran rank, where only 1 million XP is required.

As others have mentioned, this is only a visual issue, and when you reach 25% you'll level up. This will be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post