The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Caltrops damage scaling off of spell power/stamina

Thejollygreenone
Thejollygreenone
✭✭✭
Now that ZoS has changed fighters guild abilities from their stamina/spell power combo to the traditional stamina/weapon power, why wasn't the same done for caltrops?

Stamina dps doesn't have much for good DoTs, and I feel putting caltrops on the side of pure stamina dps would go a long way towards the viability of stamina dps, both in adding variety and flat dps for those who will choose to use it.

As of now its on the fence and no one really gets full benefit out of it, I'd like to see that change like the fighters guild abilities.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    What bothers me more is its ultimate regen whick I think is insuffucient compared to other magicka-based gtae (/pbae) dot-/area-skills. Caltrops should give equal Ultimate Points, as well as Purge should restore Ultimates, because this is what some healers do all the time and it is not fair that fire-based classes as DK/Sorc may regenerate ultimate faster by simply raising crit and using their ae-tick based skills.
    I know that resto-staff is the way to go for ultimates, nonetheless other abilities do not reggen evenly.
    Edited by Francescolg on November 27, 2014 5:44PM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to necro a thread, but I unlocked caltrops the other day and I was kinda disappointed...sure its a large area snare, but it costs a boat load of stamina, it don't seem to build ulty very fast, I'm not sure what its good for other then throwing it in front of a zerg ball, even then...im not sure its worth a skill slot.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @woodsro‌ Caltrops serves three purposes. It tags enemies for inclusion in your bounty kill quests and you receive some AP if the damage contributed to their death. Second, it is great way to unstealth hidden players because they light up if you thrown down Caltrops in the area where they are hidden. Lastly Caltrops is a handy tool along with oil catapults to slow down enemies advancing through a breach.