The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What are sorcerers meant to do?

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @‌Mendoze
    Yes immovable gives immunity to total dark, and also it removes total dark like purge. (I dont even understant why it cleanses it) Plus, if you want cast total dark while enemy already have cc immunity and you don't know that, (sometimes it's hard to see from range because of ground skills, grass etc) you get no error message, no visual sign or sound, nothing. Your character just act like he stuck in casting animation in uncomfortable way and then you cant cast anything like 0.5-1 second. (more in big fights and sieges due to the lag)

It's super awful designed skill, and its cons much more than what it suppose to do. I personally prefer defensive stance over total dark, or blazing shield if I close to my target which in practise, works like reflect.

edit: it's just shield stacking issue after all, as I said before. When I was saying "It's super op tanky even more than most DKs and templars due to the multiple shield stacking" I just dramatized the issue. I guess you may understand the point. Please don't stuck in one sentence.

more edit: From my personal 1v1 experience, fighting vs sorcs much more pita than fighting vs dks as a templar.
    Edited by Soris on October 10, 2014 5:53PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    @faernaa
    Hmmm, thats bad news for my Templar build. Well, you live and you learn.

And yes, I understand what you mean by shield stacking problem. Currently it's very efficient way of defense, but if it's removed, I fear Sorcerers get the shortest straw from that kind of general nerf again. In the past, developers have done very little to increase sorcerer survivability in any way, so if they remove shield stacking, all we have left is already nerfed bolt escape.
  • oldRagespell
    oldRagespell
    ✭✭
    Bipolo wrote: »
    Hardened Ward > Harness Magicka > Healing Ward + Immovable

Rejoice,
    especially melee based characters are going to burn through most of their stamina and magicka on gap closer's and desperately trying to get through the shield stacking.

Resource management? All class abilities will fuel your magicka regen and no need to block 100% with Immovable > Streak to buy some time for stamina regen to keep Immovable up.

Did i also mention its possible to Bolt Escape out of roots? No need to waste stamina on dodge rolls... So no need to worry, lol

What have i done? oh noes... :lol:

I'm sorry. Your theorycrafting doesn't work on the battlefield.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    to be honest with you every sorcerer I face is a pain in the (snip) to kill. they block the entire battle, while using crystal frags and spamming the crap out of mages fury, curse, all that crap they use. once I actually get thru their block, they BE away; heal, then come back to resume (snip)ing me off., and if I get them to low health... damage shield time!!!:D or... get this... it will be BE spam. it will be someone with a staff, stunning you with BE the entire battle.

The sorcerer class is FAR from this "Squishy weak class" some people have had the nerve to call it. You either:

A. refuse to use the "cookie cutter" builds, but have yet to find your own build
    B. you use the "cookie cutter build" but still get killed a lot with it

If any class is weak, it is either the Templar or the Nightblade(or both)

trust me when I say this, because I have been playing since beta: sorcerers are not this weak squishy class a lot of yall seem to think it is. Make a NB, put him/her with a build beside the typical LA staff build, then compare them to your sorcerer..... you will see a huge difference.

Yeah the difference I see is my melee NB does a lot more DPS than my melee sorcerer.

does not make the sorcerer a squishy class(late response:D)
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Zenimax only listen to complains about other classes, and Sorcerers (that's my favorite class as well, I have almost all classes, less templar), we saw only nerfs and more nerfs in patch notes (1.5.4, it's a ROLF) and my DK/NB give much more damage as my sorcerer, I really would like to see more attention on this classes, or more players will be leaving.

We need to give more and more complains, so AFTER it, MAYBE @Zenimax will listen to us as well.
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"