Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet DSA Leaderboards

igohamnchz
With room 9 being ridiculously easy, it was just a matter of time until someone was able to post a very quick completion time. Having been in the second group to clear vet dsa, I've had enough experience to safely say room 9 NEVER needed to be nerfed. It was the only room with a chance to have deaths in due to difficulty and not player error (except room 10) but that didn't make it impossible. My main group could consistently enough one-shot room 9 but not until a lot of trial and error on what worked best for our group. With the latest rework of room 9, posting a time of Vet DSA with no deaths is laughably easy. I've since quit trying to post a competitive time, because now Vet DSA hardly means anything. I've heard the mega-nerf was unintentional, but if so has anyone heard a dev say anything about wiping the leaderboards? With such fluctuation of the difficulty and mechanics, it wouldn't be fair for groups who posted good times at full difficulty to be beaten out by a completion at a lesser degree of difficulty.
*Insert some raiding achievements that used to matter
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What changed in room 9? I've heard people saying that when mini bosses spawn, they spawn without the wave of adds soon after them. Well, that's not true. I've been to Vet DSA on Sunday - and there was that wave of adds.

Could that "nerf" be related to DSA becoming Weekly? I've been there after the Weekly closed - and that wave was there.

• igohamnchz
    I did Vet DSA twice last week, both times had no adds on the boss wave of room 9 until the very end when both mini bosses were dead. That point in the fight was the only difficult part of the entire room. I'm not sure when/if this nerf was fixed since I didn't play much during the weekend, but I just noticed a very quick completion time Monday morning.
  • igohamnchz
    With such changes to the arena, I think the leaderboards should be reset.
  • Neptonic
    Neptonic
    ✭✭
    The location of the spawns of the mini bosses for stage 9 have changed and yes, there is a spawn of adds but it is after the first two mini bosses died. Also, stage 9 was very very easy once you figured out how to do it pre nerf, now it's just lol. I had first place time in NA vet DSA time pre nerf then someone beat it... but we went back in on Sunday and destroyed 1st place time yet again. So I got my #1 spot back and I'm okay if they don't wipe the boards :]
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    The location of the spawns of the mini bosses for stage 9 have changed and yes, there is a spawn of adds but it is after the first two mini bosses died. Also, stage 9 was very very easy once you figured out how to do it pre nerf, now it's just lol. I had first place time in NA vet DSA time pre nerf then someone beat it... but we went back in on Sunday and destroyed 1st place time yet again. So I got my #1 spot back and I'm okay if they don't wipe the boards :]

Which is why they need to wipe the leaderboards, at least of the times post-nerf.

If there is reason for leaderboards entries to appear when content has been nerfed; all entries between the error and until the fix, should be removed.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • igohamnchz
    I guess that's the way they meant for room 9 to be, since it still hasn't been changed back. Its now arguably the easiest room in the entire instance, and a Vet DSA completion really means nothing, speed run or not. In my opinion the best thing about the challenge was how CHALLENGING it was, and now that room 1-9 is a cake walk I have no interest in competing on the leaderboards. As soon as i get the drops I need, I doubt I would be returning.
  • mazrimtaimxpreub18_ESO
    AGREED - DSA Vet needs to go back to the way it was pre-nerf ESPECIALLY room 9. In my opinion DSA Vet is the very best PVE this game has to offer and I am really looking forward to additional arenas in the future. Please keep them challenging.