Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HOW TO KILL THE CRAFTING PROFESSION!

cosmoplayer
The worse thing of this game is probabily the fact you cannot trade your armor creation once is dye treated.
i mean, the game require lot of effort and time to make your caracter the best ever seen craftman with all trait and whatever, but you are not able to sell your proper style, the ultimate state of the art, the creation that show how you work.
bound a dye, easy as pie, this is the way to kill the armor craftman profession.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyes are tied to Achievements. You want people running around wearing Dyes that they did not earn the right to wear?

Notice I did not say characters as Dyes are across the account.

So, you want to sell your armor, then don't dye it. Besides, the first thing anyone is going to do it dye what they get anyway. And it's hard enough to predict the Style of armor someone else will want, trying to figure out the color would take someone like Kreskin to figure out.
    Edited by Nestor on November 10, 2014 3:12PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, instead of armor Pieces being dyed, it should be the armor Slots that are dyed. So for example, whatever dye colors you assign to your Chest Slot, regardless what piece you put in that slot, those colors are applied. Then there'd be no reason to bind the items.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this even come close to killing crafting ?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    How does this even come close to killing crafting ?

Not sure, it's the style/level that's important, not the colours, I generally change my dyes one a week anyhow (although I'm liking my Templar colour scheme at the minute).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just implement that once a dyed piece is sold, it reverts to the original colours.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL. Really " kill the armor craftman profession"? Really? I don't think there's a huge market for armor anyway, there are so many master crafters. I generally ignore chats looking for crafters cuz it usually doesn't pay enough for the time and trouble. I can make anything I want, and I'm sure that applies to almost everyone who has been around a while. There is nothing to kill.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • cosmoplayer
    the matter is a simple programming laziness.
    i explain in the way i can: i like to make my armour styling, becouse the default is realy ugly. now suppose that i want to sell it, two window could be opened:
    1. an option to unbound the item before trading(this will be very easy to do for the programmers)
    2. the dye system will be locked for that item until the buyers could have the option to unbound it (not so difficult to implement too)

i can't really understand this poor solution about dye. crafting require at least one year to learn the proper trait, and you cant sell the color you like?
    if a customer like to spend a money for a beautiful designed piece of armor, who was to cut off this possibility? i really don't understand any talking about, becouse there will be plenty of easy solution to accomodate this unlikable decision.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the matter is a simple programming laziness.
    i explain in the way i can: i like to make my armour styling, becouse the default is realy ugly. now suppose that i want to sell it, two window could be opened:
    1. an option to unbound the item before trading(this will be very easy to do for the programmers)
    2. the dye system will be locked for that item until the buyers could have the option to unbound it (not so difficult to implement too)

i can't really understand this poor solution about dye. crafting require at least one year to learn the proper trait, and you cant sell the color you like?
    if a customer like to spend a money for a beautiful designed piece of armor, who was to cut off this possibility? i really don't understand any talking about, becouse there will be plenty of easy solution to accomodate this unlikable decision.
    Maybe if you ask Customer Support really nicely, they'll make this change just for you. After all, it's not like they have any major issues implementing a patch or even a fix for a patch. The rest of us will be fine while they sort you out.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • cosmoplayer
    DenverRalphy has the most good idea here, becouse if you dye the slots, any problem with the achivment is solved.
    MissBizz get the point too, probabily the easiest way to fix it.
    there are lot of style play game, and the best of ESO is that you cann RPG what ever you want. As a craftman - merchant rpg style, the dye matter is a big problem for me, maybe for other players will even neither come across.

Ourorboros, english is not my first language, i learn it watching movie, and i know i have to improve the nice speaking. so many time i was involved is miss understanding becouse of it. some time i also want to be a little rude, but what come out is an oblivion. so i must apologize if i hurt the common sense, becouse was not my intention. you are totally right about ask nicely, so if you can help me in the cause of the dye matter, you are welcome.

thank you everybody, hope this will have a solution.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dang, you made me feel guilty about my sarcasm. So without the attitude, you and many others would like to see certain features added to the game. It's possible with enough persistence and support some of these changes might happen in the future. But I would not expect anything soon. ZOS seems to have enough problem making the changes they want, as the 1.5 patch demonstrates. They also seem disinclined to listen to player input from this forum.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, instead of armor Pieces being dyed, it should be the armor Slots that are dyed. So for example, whatever dye colors you assign to your Chest Slot, regardless what piece you put in that slot, those colors are applied. Then there'd be no reason to bind the items.

The only problem with that is dyes look different on different armors and materials. What I would choose for one armor and material is not what I choose for something else.

I also would never want anyone to pick out dyes for me, what looks good to someone else may not look good to me.

Also, they would have to remove the Achievement tie in with the Dyes, otherwise anyone can get armor that has the Vampire Black Dye, even though they never have gotten bit. Or the Monster Hunter achievement Dye even though they did not actually kill any monsters.

However they could implement a system where dyes could be removed from the armor so it could be sold to someone else.

But, people usually only buy armor to either research the trait so they are going to deconstruct it. Or they are trying to complete a Dropped Set. I don't see that much of a market for armor outside of these two things.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

The only problem with that is dyes look different on different armors and materials. What I would choose for one armor and material is not what I choose for something else.

I also would never want anyone to pick out dyes for me, what looks good to someone else may not look good to me.

Also, they would have to remove the Achievement tie in with the Dyes, otherwise anyone can get armor that has the Vampire Black Dye, even though they never have gotten bit. Or the Monster Hunter achievement Dye even though they did not actually kill any monsters.

However they could implement a system where dyes could be removed from the armor so it could be sold to someone else.

But, people usually only buy armor to either research the trait so they are going to deconstruct it. Or they are trying to complete a Dropped Set. I don't see that much of a market for armor outside of these two things.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying a bit. There wouldn't be any actual dyeing of any pieces. You simply assign the dye colors you want to any of your armor slots themselves, instead of the pieces. Should you take that piece off, and give/sell it away, there are no dye colors associated with that item itself as it will effectively be a generic non-dyed piece of armor. The person you gave/sold it to would only see the dye colors they themselves have chosen for that particular armor slot.

So for example, you assigned your Chest slot (not piece mind you... the slot) to the colors red, tangerine, purple.. any piece you put in the Chest slot will be red, tangerine, purple. Then you acquire or craft a new chest piece for an upgrade. When you equip that new upgrade, the red, tangerine, purple, colors will still be reflected on the new piece without you having to dye the new piece. The old piece which you have removed, now gets acquired by another player who has their chest slot set to black, white, baby-blue. But since the item itself isn't dyed, when he/she equips that piece in their chest slot, the colors will be black, white, baby-blue.

Visually, the effect would be exactly the same as it is now. Except that armor pieces themselves don't contain the dye settings. If you change materials, then you need only change the dye color to the respective armor slot. Just like we currently do. The achievements tie in with dyes would still remain intact, because no other players have access to your dyes.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on November 11, 2014 7:34PM