The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Fastest way to lvl as Nightblade

Thireutis
Thireutis
Soul Shriven
Which playstyle and skills are the most efficient?
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lvl 0-50 = questing...then stop playing until they fix vet rank xp
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of people say the Bow works really well with the nightblade.
    I'm using Dual weild, which I find works.

If you look at the class, then Medium Armour seems to be the obvious choice, but I found that it didn't work for me, Heavy Armour is best for me, although Light Armour is popular for some.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium Armor leverages the abilities of the NB, but most people run Light Armor because most people seem to play with a stick, at least in PvP and Trials. My NB started being a real killing machine when I put him in DW. I stopped using the Bow once I started using the Destro Staff as my Ranged/AoE weapon.

However doing quests and keeping the skills on your bar that need to level when turning in the quests is best way to level your character and your skills. If you use some skills but want to level others, then swap them out before turning in the quests, then swap back for playing.

It also helps to have the Training Trait on your weapons and armor, at least initially (first 20 to 30 skill levels) as that can help. Some NB skills do not appear at first to be that useful, until you can Morph them, then they get interesting. This applies to most other skill groups to.

Edited by Nestor on November 10, 2014 3:08PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    However doing quests and keeping the skills on your bar that need to level when turning in the quests is best way to level your character and your skills. If you use some skills but want to level others, then swap them out before turning in the quests, then swap back for playing.

It also helps to have the Training Trait on your weapons and armor, at least initially (first 20 to 30 skill levels) as that can help. Some NB skills do not appear at first to be that useful, until you can Morph them, then they get interesting. This applies to most other skill groups to.
    Yes, and add-ons like Wykkyd's Outfitter can help with swapping skill bars for leveling versus skill bars for playing. Just name and save the current bar(s) for playing as something like "Play DW" and "Play Destro", and the bars for leveling as something such as "Level Siphoning" and "Level Fighters Guild".
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It`s very simple: Kill as fast as possible!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    basic beginner stealth build

here
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally prefer 5 medium / 2 light (armor) with one bar being bow/d-staff/dual wield and the 2nd bar being resto staff (though the resto staff bar just has healing ward with the rest being class abilities (example: on my restro staff bar I run Concealed Weapon - Ambush - Shadowy Disguise - Healing Ward - Mark Target).

This gives me an awesome self heal (being more potent the less health you have) without making my toon a dedicated healer. Use whatever you like for the first bar. Personally, I like either a bow or d-staff as duking it out with dual wield doesn't play to my strengths.

The hardest fight in the game, Molag Bal, was easier then most solo WB fights. All I did was kite and pop an occasional heal if I had a brain fart and got hit. It was an utter let down... However, with a melee toon, I could see how that could be a tough fight...
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grinding mobs is the fastest way to level. There are guides on youtube and on google for each faction. As for the actual leveling.

I prefer to use light armour coz its better when your starting out.

1-8 - questing - use resto/destro - get 2 shadow skills on your bar asap (ie. cloak and veiled strike)

8-50 - grinding mobs:

early on you will find that NB lacks aoe, so i like to use destro for wall of elements. Make sure you have 2 shadow skills on bar at all times until you get to level 12 and can get consuming darkness.

Level up your consuming darkness to IV and get veil of blades and once you have veil you can start to level however you want. Basically your whole build will revolve around getting veil up. You can lure 10+ mobs and then use veil and you will kill them all, just hold block. Make sure you use killer's blade as your heal/execute.

Once i get to 15 i like to run, one bar full of siphoning abilities (shield and sword) while my other bar is my normal kill 1/2 groups bar. When i drop my veil down, i swap to my shield and sword bar and just wait it out so i can level my siphon abilities.

Eventually you will be able to get siphon strikes -> siphon attacks & drain power -> sap essence. Once you have these 2 abilities you can level on anything and any number of mobs. When you have these 2 abilities, you can have anything on your bars and you can run with any weapon. You will be able to level all and any skills. Any armour aswell, you can move from light to heavy/med.

This is my guide anyways. If you have a partner, you can get to 50 in a day. If your solo, probably take you a couple days/a week depending on your playtime.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis