The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why is bleeding the only thing anything is immune against?

guybrushtb16_ESO
guybrushtb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Apparently there is a growing list of enemies in the game which are immune to bleeding, which from a lore standpoint, seems pretty reasonable, but to me seems questionnable at best from a gameplay mechanics perspective.

After all, looking at fire damage for comparison, even fire elementals are only slightly resistent against fire and we can more or less ignore that anyway because of passive boni that we just skill as an afterthought basically.

The only case of straight immunity against anything really is bleeds; stamina builds have a selective weakness in particular situations, where magicka builds have nothing like it. And even if there were comparable mobs, destro staff builds for instance could at least change their elements without too much effort, whereas stamina builds could... maybe trait an entirely new weapon line change to another weapon at best.
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's laughable particularly because my sorcerer can cast lightning spells against a storm astronach and he's not immune despite being an elemental of pure lightning, and similarly poison doesn't heal undead instead.

It's just some arbitrary design decision that makes axes and bleeding skills even crappier than they already are (since dot's don't stack in this game, so spamming axe autoattacks does nothing but restart the dot ticks).
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always found it odd as well, that you could poison or disease a dwemer automaton.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    because ZOS hates stamina skills and wants them to be destroyed.

alright, that was in bad taste. no one knows why its like that, it makes no sense when you look at other things in this game.

if I can attack a storm atronach with lighting, and he be damaged by it, may as well let bleeds affect everything:/

also, DoTs don't stack, so all you do is restart the countdown if you spam it(course most players just spam self heals while blocking, so you cant see most DoTs to begin with:D)
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another funny fact is the bubbles thingy with the harvesters. They heal the mob - but are not harmed by Player based healing like the Templar Ulti. Makes no sense at all.
    Like, well let's be honest, 50% of the game mechanics.
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another funny fact is the bubbles thingy with the harvesters. They heal the mob - but are not harmed by Player based healing like the Templar Ulti. Makes no sense at all.
    Like, well let's be honest, 50% of the game mechanics.

Why would something be hurt by healing spells just because they heal other people?

That would be like saying that equipping a resto staff means you can no longer heal yourself. <_<

PS) The orbs also heal you when you destroy them
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    One thing on the long list of why I'm not running a stamina build for the moment.

Every patch they add a few more specific enemies to the bleed immune list. Werewolves are getting Berserker changed to add more bleed and remove attack speed. Their heavy attack was already reduced in strength in the previous patch.

As a former DW build, I needed that bleed to trigger so I could get some sustainability with my health.
    Edited by KenjiJU on October 19, 2014 11:05AM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be more thought put into immunities, resistances and weaknesses, with real advantages and consequences to which elemental or physical effect is chosen. What an easy element to focus on that would make combat so much more interesting and challenging. Why is fire about the only element folks give a crap about?

Bleeding should stack at least up to 3 or 4 times.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is what bothers me about it the most: they keep adding more and more mobs to the bleed immune list yet somehow everything remains suceptible to fire damage. Even fire elementals.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • mousekime111rwb17_ESO
    This is something that should really be on the top of ZoS's to balance list. I think they should start by just making everything susceptible to bleeds as a band-aid fix and then move onto elemental immunities and the such. For instance if the storm atronach in AA was immune to lightning damage then crushing shock would only do 2/3 damage to it creating some desire for stam builds in there. But then again crushing shock would be universally be reduced in effectiveness by 33% against any elemental monster. So perhaps more balancing decisions would have to be made before such a thing is implemented. Hence band-aid solution.
  • capcody
    capcody
    ✭✭✭
    whats broken is if u use poison arrow on a player and he/she holds block the bleed/dot damage is reduced.. logic is broken.. your bleeding out. holding your sheild up shouldnt reduce bleeding rate,damge
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    capcody wrote: »
    whats broken is if u use poison arrow on a player and he/she holds block the bleed/dot damage is reduced.. logic is broken.. your bleeding out. holding your sheild up shouldnt reduce bleeding rate,damge

wait.... so blocking DOES reduce DoTs....

wth???? is not one of the reasons you use DoTs for that specific purpose?? or am I just being ignorant?

alright..... chalk that up for another fix that needs to be done by ZOS. always wondered why my poison/venom arrow DoTs did so little against people that were blocking.....
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Block reduces the dot damage AFTER the fact? WT_? Are you serious? I had no idea. If that is true that is F'ing ridiculous in the extreme. I can understand bleed damage being reduced if you get a heal or take a heal potion because ostensibly you are mending wounds but BLOCK? (sigh)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »

Block reduces the dot damage AFTER the fact? WT_? Are you serious? I had no idea. If that is true that is F'ing ridiculous in the extreme. I can understand bleed damage being reduced if you get a heal or take a heal potion because ostensibly you are mending wounds but BLOCK? (sigh)
    here is what shocks me the most:

is not one of the reasons you use a DoT, to damage players that specifically block a lot? its why I use them.....

heck. this changes everything. time for me to stop using cripple and find another ability.
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Because somebody told something that you want to hear, you loose your mind without verifying it yourself ?
    Just check yourself before going to such point of view...

@capcody : Your poison arrow got reduded DoT because the player blocked the first blow. Seems legit, if you take only half of the content of a needle, the effects are less effectives. It work the same of bleeding blow that you block in the first time
    I got killed by twin sister/bleeding build player and blocking didn't helped me to stop the hemorrhage.
    This needs to be confirmed for all skills, so check yourself anyway !
    When Bloodmoon calls, Rivers turns red.