The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet Darkshade - 1 tank 1 healer and 2 stamina DPS, can it be done?

JackDaniell
JackDaniell
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you guys think a vet darkshade run could be done now with 2 stam DPS? I dont do dungeons often but the new gear dropped in this dungeon has me wanting to participate :smile:

We ran this group setup and we manged to get to the final boss, but it was pretty late so we scrapped it. We were trying to kite the boss with snipe (and its morphs) and it was working well for the couple tries we had but was very slow. Is it slow for other more polished dungeon crews?

I had about 900 DPS using this snipe method when i could attack him but it was hard to deliver lots of consecutive hits without being interrupted by poison or adds. Any tips on how we could do this better/faster?
Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did yesterday with a VR14 party with also last death challenge
    We died allot yes and lasted like 1h:30 but we did it
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you can do it with 2 stam DPS. It's just harder, because the healer has to heal everybody, and there are lots of AOEs that cause the group to spread out. With 2 magicka DPS, everybody can simply swap to resto staff and offheal whenever needed.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the exception of one boss (more the adds than the boss, actually), this one doesn't matter as much, in regard to where your DPS comes from. Many of the fights favor ranged, working equally well with bows as with spells.

A lot of it will have to do with who your leader is, as scaling is now a factor.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I healed it y'day with a 2hd & a dual wield dps.
    Wasn't too bad, only one wipe in the beginning, as I had to get used to their overall squishyness.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to do it yes :)
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, no problem at all (I'd say the same thing about it before the buffs yesterday as well)
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The squid boss will give your healer fits if both dps are stam, but everything else should be easy.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well lets say as a sorc tank, it's fine. Have a sorc healer and 2 stam nb. If a tank can switch to dps (like I did) on last boss and second to last boss, it helps with dps.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up guys :)
    The squid boss will give your healer fits if both dps are stam, but everything else should be easy.

Also, this boss was one of the easiest, I used bombard throughout and repentance when I would wipe the mobs (Stamina Templar win!). The immobilize helped to the point that our healer went DPS and only had to heal a couple times.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic