The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Disintegrate stealth nerfed

Kilandros
Kilandros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Down from 10% chance to 6% chance. Seems quite unnecessary, but how about a heads up next time?
Invictus
Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . W . . . . H . . . Y . . .?. . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Seriously lame that they did this.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good :)
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    No it's not fully necessary considering sorcs aren't op in the damage department or anything. However, this was discussed quite thoroughly on the pts, in case you missed it.

As to why, I'm sure people complained about it from getting randomly roflstomped in pvp by a random chance to proc and not knowing what happened. If you haven't noticed, enough people complaining leads to instant attention from ZoS.

It seems like in all the wrong ways.
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    disintegrate is still quite the good passive... and more than in PvP it actualy shine in PvE during boss fights... there are quite a few sorc that have their dedicated execution bar with thunderous presence just for that proc chance... that with a little bit of math in the old version translated to a 100+ dps increase (10% chance to inflict 1k+ damage... with the new version still translate to an 80+ dps increase during execution phase...
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they not document this?

Maybe we should assume it to be a bug and /bug it?

sigh
  • forthewinn2
    forthewinn2
    ✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    Why would they not document this?
    They've done so many stealth nerfs recently, I'm starting to get sick of it.
    It's called patch notes Zenimax they're there for a reason, please use them.
  • rozcinana
    rozcinana
    can't help but giggle at this nerf... what are you gonna do
    Co-leader of Purple
    Astra Solari - VR14 Sorcerer - Boethiah's Scythe
  • AlexDrago
    AlexDrago
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS punishes Sorcs, cause Sorcs must suffer. It's easy to understand. If you don't want to suffer - don't play a Sorc.
    If you have nothing to say say nothing ©
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    We have Sorcerers Vampires destroying, literally, everyone, on the battlefield with Bat Swarm, and THIS is what they nerf? Bat swarm is insane and with Streak and Lightning form, they build up Ult so fast in a group that they can almost spam the Ult button. That is a real issue, disintegrate was not
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use shooting star on Sorc Vamp? I one shot vamps, especially sorc vamps, all the time with shooting star. I one shotted the Emperor Batswarm (I think his name is anonymous one; nice guy I hear actually) with it a couple of days ago. It is fire damage.
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    zenimax needs to be sued.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for what?

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont see where they broke any law and i dont see where they have done anything wrong, it's thier game and thier call to do as they wish with thier product.
    we are only renting thier product, so i have to ask "sue them for what? what wrong have they commited?"
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlexDrago wrote: »
    ZOS punishes Sorcs, cause Sorcs must suffer. It's easy to understand. If you don't want to suffer - don't play a Sorc.

Sorcs need an real hard nerf on both this and on critical surge...

You guys ended up spammin impulse like clowns and heal urself like u have a 2 templar with you.. Tottaly unkillable and then invisible bat swarm comes up yay more crits more damage more heal..

And you complain in this forum... I think you sorcs need to do the templar tactic

Cry cry cry cry = class buff,the ZoS way.

ps: try it in larger scale,who knows maybe you will get yourself a 1 button for the win like templars got.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

You guys ended up spammin impulse like clowns and heal urself like u have a 2 templar with you.. Tottaly unkillable and then invisible bat swarm comes up yay more crits more damage more heal..

And you complain in this forum... I think you sorcs need to do the templar tactic
    wear impenetrable and giggle while they are dying.

problem solved.

spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Mcmaroney
    Mcmaroney
    Soul Shriven
    No it's not fully necessary considering sorcs aren't op in the damage department or anything. However, this was discussed quite thoroughly on the pts, in case you missed it.

As to why, I'm sure people complained about it from getting randomly roflstomped in pvp by a random chance to proc and not knowing what happened. If you haven't noticed, enough people complaining leads to instant attention from ZoS.

It seems like in all the wrong ways.

Just wondering what Dps Range your sorc is at?
    and have you hit the Highs yet IE(2500) oh the rare occasion they happen

vr14 sorc avg dps 800 yes i have seen high as 2500 in a battle vs 3 or more(yes i am pve) have not tried pvp yet on him waiting for Legend gear weapon

• guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

ps: try it in larger scale,who knows maybe you will get yourself a 1 button for the win like templars got.

Uh huh. In the meantime, use impenetrable -> deny heals -> kill sorc. Sorcs like that maybe excel at killing noobsquads, but that's pretty much the only thing they are good for.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh huh. In the meantime, use impenetrable -> deny heals -> kill sorc. Sorcs like that maybe excel at killing noobsquads, but that's pretty much the only thing they are good for.
    I do what you say but if 5 noobs are next to me? we die all together because of the tank-dps-healing caster sorc with clouding swarm and electric pulsar.That is rediculus..

I do use imp but not all use plus what most people do not understand is the chance to negate the crit is not additive EG: if you got 50% crit and enemy has 50% crit resistance you wont do 0 crits.
    When you proc a crit,he must proc a crit resistance. Easy to understand yeah?

Still surge and the ability to heal through damage is what many games give as an option to a tank..Sorcs are sorcs not dps tank imho.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do what you say but if 5 noobs are next to me? we die all together because of the tank-dps-healing caster sorc with clouding swarm and electric pulsar.That is rediculus..

I do use imp but not all use plus what most people do not understand is the chance to negate the crit is not additive EG: if you got 50% crit and enemy has 50% crit resistance you wont do 0 crits.
    When you proc a crit,he must proc a crit resistance. Easy to understand yeah?

Still surge and the ability to heal through damage is what many games give as an option to a tank..Sorcs are sorcs not dps tank imho.
    well you cant balance around the dumbness(knowledglessness) of others.
    its like saying all cars needed to be caped at 30 km/h (m/h) because on saturday evenings some drunken dumbes regularily crashes in to some trees at a street curve...

beside that imp is actuually additvie to critrates, the same way spellpiercing is additive to to spellresists...
    Edited by Tankqull on November 4, 2014 12:36PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"