Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sound after Patch

Psilent
Psilent
✭✭✭✭✭
Good Afternoon,

Downloaded the patch, started up the game and besides the first two logo sounds, nothing. No music, no in game sounds at all. I made sure my sound was on in the settings and that my speakers were working just fine, restarted the game, but still no sound at all.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Thank you
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Psilent,

Please give a try to repairing the client and let us know if it helps! To do this, close the game and open up the launcher. Click on Game Options just above the news section and select Repair from the drop-down. Once it has completed repairing, launch the game and let us know if the sound returns.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Psilent,

Please give a try to repairing the client and let us know if it helps! To do this, close the game and open up the launcher. Click on Game Options just above the news section and select Repair from the drop-down. Once it has completed repairing, launch the game and let us know if the sound returns.

Just got done running a repair and still no sound in the game past the first two game logos.

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's still...@Psilent?

Bad joke. Moving on.

The sound options in the game take place after the first two logo screens play, which means the issue may be with the in-game settings. When you're at the log in screen, select Settings on the left and check the volume options in the Audio section. Ensure that the Master Volume is turned all the way up, as well as the individual sound options.

EDIT: Pressed post too soon
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on November 3, 2014 7:51PM
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    So it's still...@Psilent?

Bad joke. Moving on.

The sound options in the game take place after the first two logo screens play, which means the issue may be with the in-game settings. When you're at the log in screen, select Settings on the left and check the volume options in the Audio section. Ensure that the Master Volume is turned all the way up, as well as the individual sound options.

EDIT: Pressed post too soon

Haha, very funny! =)

@ZOS_GaryA‌ I reran the repair tool and it started to download an additional 6kMB, I'll let you know when it finishes. Hopefully that fixes the problem!

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA everything is working now! Guess some files didn't get downloaded! Thank you for your help!
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Psilent‌,

Glad to hear it's working! If anything else comes up, let us know and we'll be happy to help!
    Staff Post
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual Wield Rapid Strikes hitting target no sound at all.
    Drawing Dual Daggers from hip no sound at all.

When crouching down there is a Thump Sound. If I crouch again no sound at all

This was happening before and after doing a repair.
    Edited by Palidon on November 3, 2014 9:36PM
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have this missing sounds, too. Draw daggers does no sound.

But I love the new Rapid Strikes sound. Compared to the old sound it's nicely quiet. ^^
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net