Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Taking scrolls from behind closed gates

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not exactly rocket science, people

One of them has an alt logged out behind the gate from the last time it was open.

When its quiet they log that alt in, drop a camp, and log it out. Then they port to it and go for scroll.

They arent even crossing the gate going in.

From AD side, we see the camp go up about 2 minutes before the scroll gets picked up. Most of us find this behavior abhorrent, but some cling to it like they are entitled to cheat the system, im frankly sick of it.
    Edited by Rylana on October 30, 2014 4:24PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    If a group moves in through the gates and sit there until they close that should be perfectly acceptable. Everything depends on how it is done. Also the 1 shot was if you are by the way shrine transitus. Not behind the gate lol.
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Yay....team blood port FTW

Is that how you call it in the US? We call it "suicide travel", for whatever reason.

Official name is: Malrog's Den.. because his 'Est'y friends are always hanging around ours ;)

Damn that Turkish guild, they all seem to be gankers :D
    EU | PC | AD
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

One of them has an alt logged out behind the gate from the last time it was open.

When its quiet they log that alt in, drop a camp, and log it out. Then they port to it and go for scroll.

From AD side, we see the camp go up about 2 minutes before the scroll gets picked up. Most of us find this behavior abhorrent, but some cling to it like they are entitled to cheat the system, im frankly sick of it.

You just described a legit tactic. This probably goes in the AD zone chat thread, but refusing to use tactics and instead adopt a swarm mentality of throwing bodies at something until it dies describes the majority of AD.
  • serenenightmare
    serenenightmare
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Is that how you call it in the US? We call it "suicide travel", for whatever reason.

Blood for the Blood God.
    Huntler wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »
    There is a barrier, called, " Barrier of (scroll name) ". It instantly kills anyone ENTERING the gates that isn't from the faction, but leaving the gate is straight.
    Well, apparently not because I'm pretty sure Gate of Ni-Mohk hasn't been opened for days by now. Yet yesterday and then again today same AD players mysteriously took it out of the temple and even out of the gate. I have no clue how they got there, but this s...stuff really shouldn't be happening.

Our gates haven't been opened for a good 24 hours, but hey, if a certain saucy player feels the need to take our scroll, only to fail 5 times, let him, if that's how they want to play.

Your gates were open last night sweetcheeks, primetime.

Hmm, must have missed it. I just remember holding Glade while AD had Rayles and Warden. Oh well, my mistake on that then.

Still baffles me how DC can't hold a blood port... >_> A RESOURCE THAT ISN'T BLUE?! MUST TAKEEEEEE.
    If there was no tower farming it's a bunch of noobs anyway. Best tower NA behind those gates.

No, they tried to run with it and got stomped all five times. :disappointed:

Severe disappointment twice in one response :(

As long as my Lord and Savior Fixate, @fluffiestOne , is not disappointed in me, I shall go on.

You just described a legit tactic. This probably goes in the AD zone chat thread, but refusing to use tactics and instead adopt a swarm mentality of throwing bodies at something until it dies describes the majority of AD.

I like AP. I won't complain.
    Edited by serenenightmare on October 30, 2014 5:59PM
    v14 Sorcerer: Aerendyl Merith
    Former Empress of Volendrung, first cycle.
    Former Empress of Thornblade, fourth cycle.
    v14 Templar: Aeren-chan
    v1 Dragonknight: Aelrindel Merith
    v1 Nightblade: Arendelle Merith
    No Mercy.
    Aeren Cartel, Best Drugs North America
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭

As long as my Lord and Savior Fixate, @fluffiestOne , is not disappointed in me, I shall go on.

I bestow upon you several lands and titles for your valiant war efforts.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • decado0024_ESO
    decado0024_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »
    I think that one was only for the starter areas.

Just killing everyone behind gate would also defeat the legitimate tactic of passing the open gate, hiding inside, waiting for defenders to disappear and get it from under their backsides.

That doesn't mean at all that I condone exploiting past closed gates to steal scrolls, which may still happen albeit much less frequent than a few weeks ago.

That actually isn't a legit tactic, ZoS actually implemented barriers to stop this from happening. If you are behind a gate and the gate gets closed you are hit with barrier of (insertgatenamehere) for around 7.5k. The fact that ppl have found a way to exploit this just proves my point of it being in fact an exploit. However as ZoS has no ficks left to give for cyrodill there is nothing being done about it so feel fee to hide behind a gate and steal some scrolls.
    D'ecado V12 Nightblade
    Decado rahl v12 Dk
    Officer of TKO
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a barrier, called, " Barrier of (scroll name) ". It instantly kills anyone ENTERING the gates that isn't from the faction, but leaving the gate is straight.
    Well, apparently not because I'm pretty sure Gate of Ni-Mohk hasn't been opened for days by now. Yet yesterday and then again today same AD players mysteriously took it out of the temple and even out of the gate. I have no clue how they got there, but this s...stuff really shouldn't be happening.

It was opened yesterday when AD had Glademist and EP had Warden, but I think it was open for less than an hour.

But yea, it doesn't excuse poor sportsmanship. Don't feel bad though, we were retaliated against by someone placing yellow camps at the yellow starting areas to prevent us from succeeding in reclaiming the scroll of Mnem from Arrius.

This whole business of just being sheisty players needs to stop. Every alliance has guilty parties, and it's our job to point out and report the people doing it, on OUR Alliances.

It's the only way this is gonna stop.
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on October 30, 2014 8:23PM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it loses legitimacy the moment they log the alt out and the gate has closed.

If they remained logged in on their alt the whole 12 hours after the gate closed before they tried the raid, then id call it legit, but they did not. No risk for the alt being inside enemy territory is where it loses legitimacy here.
    Edited by Rylana on October 30, 2014 10:08PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, it loses legitimacy the moment they log the alt out and the gate has closed.

Why? The gate being closed has no meaning if you're already inside. Otherwise... it would be illegal for factions to participate in pvp outside of their gates while they are closed? I wonder how that works.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why? The gate being closed has no meaning if you're already inside. Otherwise... it would be illegal for factions to participate in pvp outside of their gates while they are closed? I wonder how that works.

Read my edit, it would be like logging an alt out inside a keep, the keep flips, and you are able to log the alt back in later and drop a camp inside the walls. (which is double checked, your alt would be moved to spawn for being too close to a keep, as well as no dropping friendly keeps inside enemy keep)

Same principle and should be enforced the same way. It baffles me why it isnt. The entire scroll temple area really needs to have its checks system updated to just consider its grounds as an enemy keep.
    Edited by Rylana on October 30, 2014 10:18PM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Read my edit, it would be like logging an alt out inside a keep, the keep flips, and you are able to log the alt back in later and drop a camp inside the walls. (which is double checked, your alt would be moved to spawn for being too close to a keep, as well as no dropping friendly keeps inside enemy keep)

Same principle and should be enforced the same way. It baffles me why it isnt. The entire scroll temple area really needs to have its checks system updated to just consider its grounds as an enemy keep.

I don't think it's like a keep. It's not a capture point first of all. You can steal an object but you can't just take it over. You can also place offensive camps inside the areas. It's not a respawn point the starter area is.

I can still remember the post Brian made saying glitching through the gate and leaping up to the guards was an exploit, but putting a camp behind there and having an alt back there was not. Changing it to just consider that area a keep seems like too easy a fix for me to think they've changed their minds regarding that.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wasn't aware that was possible, every time I log out for more than 5 mins anywhere in Cyro I get kicked back to Morrowind wayshrine. I'd assume same thing should happen to anyone who logs out behind enemy gate. If it doesn't, then it's either a bug which Zeni should've fixed long ago, or an obvious exploit. Though imo it's an exploit either way.

It was opened yesterday when AD had Glademist and EP had Warden, but I think it was open for less than an hour.

But yea, it doesn't excuse poor sportsmanship. Don't feel bad though, we were retaliated against by someone placing yellow camps at the yellow starting areas to prevent us from succeeding in reclaiming the scroll of Mnem from Arrius.

This whole business of just being sheisty players needs to stop. Every alliance has guilty parties, and it's our job to point out and report the people doing it, on OUR Alliances.

It's the only way this is gonna stop.
    Oh, please don't take this personal. I'm not even DC, I'm EP, and if I saw an EP doing that I'd ask same questions. I'm sure there're jerks in every alliance - people are people.

Our gates haven't been opened for a good 24 hours, but hey, if a certain saucy player feels the need to take our scroll, only to fail 5 times, let him, if that's how they want to play.
    LOL I see what you did there...your post gets an awesome for that:D And apparently I missed your gate opening too, odd.

EDIT: Actually, I logged out at my own(EP) temple yesterday and when I logged in today I was back at wayshrine. So how the hell do those magic alts stay on temple grounds after logging off on ENEMY temple territory?
    Edited by Magdalina on October 31, 2014 7:33AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On NA Thorn tonight, I spent about an hour searching behind the gate after it was closed. There was a group of 15-20 in stealth that got tracked, found and slaughtered. Another group suicided at the scroll probably because there were so many search parties running around, and then a few single and doubles running around after that. As long as they get in while the gate is open, I don't see it as an exploit when they hang around after it closes. But if you log out and somehow log back in and are still behind the gate, that is an exploit.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, please don't take this personal. I'm not even DC, I'm EP, and if I saw an EP doing that I'd ask same questions. I'm sure there're jerks in every alliance - people are people.

Oh no not personal at all, just using the situation as a springboard for encouraging players not to be d-bags.
    By all means, carry on.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's like a keep.

And therein lies the problem. You are thinking. If I may, I would like to point out that this is a video game forum. And while there are a variety of things you may engage in, thinking is NOT one of them. You may post silly comments, irrelevant comments, lore questions, build/class questions, nerf threads, comments so rage induced the reader might suppose your blood pressure is so high that your eyes are about to pop out of their sockets, and Spiderman pics. But thinking is NOT ALLOWED.

With that in mind, you may now carry on.

P.S. Templars rule.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not an exploit to log out behind the gate, then log on two days later and place a camp. But it does seem it like it should be. I can't jump over the gate to do this but I can leave an alternate account across the gate 24/7 to put camps up at any given time to continually circumvent the gate.

Seems untenable and yet they confirmed it is allowable. It's also okay to dragon leap over the first keep wall, but not gate walls or the inner keep wall. What is and is not allowed in the game is inscrutable. I have yet to find any sense in which I can navigate it.
    Edited by Armitas on October 31, 2014 4:40PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    White Knights still exist in Cyrodiil! lol.

Suru
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

the gate is there for a reason..... im going to let you figure out that reason, then you will see why this kind of crap should be considered exploiting.
    Edited by Cody on November 1, 2014 4:46AM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

the gate is there for a reason..... im going to let you figure out that reason, then you will see why this kind of crap should be considered exploiting.

It's there to keep people out. That's what gates do. It's not there to teleport people outside that are already inside. Gates also aren't designed to stop people from teleporting behind them. I figured out the reason, but I still don't see how it's exploiting?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    It's not an exploit to log out behind the gate, then log on two days later and place a camp. But it does seem it like it should be. I can't jump over the gate to do this but I can leave an alternate account across the gate 24/7 to put camps up at any given time to continually circumvent the gate.

Seems untenable and yet they confirmed it is allowable. It's also okay to dragon leap over the first keep wall, but not gate walls or the inner keep wall. What is and is not allowed in the game is inscrutable. I have yet to find any sense in which I can navigate it.
    Wait...they actually said that? That it's okay to log out behind closed gates, log in, drop a camp, log back out? That's absurd...it means you just need to get an alt behind both enemy gates and never again worry about taking key keeps or anything...it's one thing if you go in when gates are open and then/in a few hours drop a camp, you take a risk, there will be people searching for you, they'll have fair chance to find you and once they kill you, there'll be no second chance if gates are closed, it's completely ridiculous if you just use an alt to drop camp - you can do it eternally and no one could stop you unless they miraclously caught you in the 5 seconds of placing FC. How on Earth can this be NOT an exploit?

If it's not an exploit, why can't I log out in enemy keep, log back in and gank them there? Or better yet, place an FC right inside enemy walls? Hell, I can't even log out in a friendly keep, I'll get kicked to wayshrine when I log back in even if the keep is still ours. Whose perverted mind came up with this logic?
  • CoolsHisHands
    CoolsHisHands
    ✭✭✭
    If you log out anywhere in Cyrodiil, and your faction's population hits the lock at any time before you log in again, you'll be out of Cyrodiil when you log back in. You are the first "characters" the campaign removes when approaching the population cap.

So logging out behind gates is really only an issue on the underpopulated campaigns. Active campaigns are essentially immune to this tactic.
    Vokundein
    Cools-His-Hands - Argonian Extraordinaire - Legend Gaming Webmaster
    www.legend-gaming.net