Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner: Spellsword"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for "Battlemaster's Corner: Spellsword."

If you'd like to be featured in a future Battlemaster's Corner, submit your own build to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com!
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on October 27, 2014 5:36PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the approach of having lots of health and magica but the lack of stamina would severely restrict the greatsword use and also dodging in the way described takes a lot of stamina. It must be great not to run out of magica though.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the sounds of this, it seems like Animation Canceling is here to stay lol That said, I find it very interesting that somebody managed to make the Spellsword archetype in this game, albeit it's not entirely the same.

I do like it though.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like a spellspell where you hold a greatsword for looks. It didn't use one 2H sword skill, you can use any weapon for light and heavy attacks.
  • thri11co11ector
    More like a spellspell where you hold a greatsword for looks. It didn't use one 2H sword skill, you can use any weapon for light and heavy attacks.

So? How you weave light and heavy attacks in between your skills has a large impact on your DPS. I fail to see how what you said takes away from the build.
    "Personally I would not care for immortality in the least. There is nothing better than oblivion, since in oblivion there is no wish unfulfilled. We had it before we were born, yet did not complain. Shall we whine because we know it will return? It is Elysium enough for me, at any rate." - HP Lovecraft
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting!

I'm curious though how you got Meteor (range) is the ultimate for your melee bar, and shifting standard (melee) is on the range bar...?

My goal in this game is the exact opposite though. Heavies all the way, stacking on health and stamina build.

Yes, not quite as effective, perhaps, but still very cool to try.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • thri11co11ector
    Davadin wrote: »
    Interesting!

I'm curious though how you got Meteor (range) is the ultimate for your melee bar, and shifting standard (melee) is on the range bar...?

My goal in this game is the exact opposite though. Heavies all the way, stacking on health and stamina build.

Yes, not quite as effective, perhaps, but still very cool to try.

Really good point. I actually swap the Ultimates all the time and use them just like you described. But I do love to Burning Talons my enemies in place once I have dropped the Standard so I mostly use them like:

Standard for mobs (with Burning Talons and Elemental Blockade on top)

and Meteor when I need a lot of DPS on a single target.
    "Personally I would not care for immortality in the least. There is nothing better than oblivion, since in oblivion there is no wish unfulfilled. We had it before we were born, yet did not complain. Shall we whine because we know it will return? It is Elysium enough for me, at any rate." - HP Lovecraft
  • stevej556
    stevej556
    Soul Shriven
    you know what would make this build even better, is a "sprint bar", just like the mounts sprint bar, that roll dodge sprint block ext works off. then instead of having to rely on your stam for that you can open up some more options to the build such as carve to build ult and executioner as a finisher, just my opinion, i think a sprint bar would help all builds not just stam builds
  • thri11co11ector
    brimits wrote: »
    I do like the approach of having lots of health and magica but the lack of stamina would severely restrict the greatsword use and also dodging in the way described takes a lot of stamina. It must be great not to run out of magica though.

Thanks to my Green Dragon's Blood and the Battle Roar (Earthen Heart) and Battle Rush (two handed) passives I do just fine with the base stamina my character has. With the purple VR tri-foods everyone uses it's never really an issue.
  • thri11co11ector
    Lately I have been trying 5 items from The Willow's Path to increase all my regeneration in combat by 15%. I have also switched from The Mage over to The Atronach Mundas stone blessing. With these changes I have soft-capped my magicka regeneration, have plenty of stamina and am having a blast. I feel a little less tanky than with the Whitestrake's Retribution set but more powerful overall. Willow's Path is great.
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    Khammo wrote: »
    brimits wrote: »

Thanks to my Green Dragon's Blood and the Battle Roar (Earthen Heart) and Battle Rush (two handed) passives I do just fine with the base stamina my character has. With the purple VR tri-foods everyone uses it's never really an issue.

I wondered why I could never find any pepper!
  • thri11co11ector
    Davadin wrote: »

That's my next alt but less stam.... Templar, Heavy Armor, Argonian healer, double resto.

• Jstraw97
    Jstraw97
    Soul Shriven
    I've been using this build for the past couple of weeks and it's been a lot of fun. For rotation I've been using the suggestions provided by the OP, but I'm wondering if anyone who has used this build can go into specifics on the rotation they are using to generate the most DPS for either the two hander or the fire staff?
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    I realize this build was made way before the update but after 1.6 I would suggest some changes for this build:

~ Remove Wall of Elements in favor of Eruption (Ash Cloud). 5x duration, 5x damage, and much better dmg/magicka ratio.

~ Swap Ultimates (as stated above) to balance range/melee skills and even out Mage Guild passive bonuses on each bar.

~ Replace Molten Weapons with any 2HD skill. Brawler for the Dmg shield, Critical Rush for a gap closer, or Executioner for the execute all would do nicely.

~ Add in 2 Heavy or even 5 medium armor for survivability.

~ Switch to Atronach Mundus for regen.
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Id like to see an update to this build for 1.6 if possible, really interested in it and how it would change.
  • Akilleos
    Akilleos
    Soul Shriven
    Evi1_An9e1 wrote: »
    Id like to see an update to this build for 1.6 if possible, really interested in it and how it would change.

Hello. Thanks for this build.
    I'm using it for my first character (console player)...I'd love to read the 1.6 update too (especially for igneous weapons...is it still relevant to use it?