The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

why have you not uploaded 1.5.2 to PTS?

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
do you intend to go live with 1.5.2 without testing it, like you have done in every past major patch.. are you prepared for the potential fallouts?

these "untested" live builds you have released in the past have always shown to have issues no present in previous PTS builds, maybe try releasing your "live build" to the PTS before you go live with it to pre-empt some reports for issues you might not be expecting..

i hate to be the elephant in the room.. but the track record so far shows that your not getting enough info from your in-house testing before you release these major updates. and while the PTS tends to be underpopulated too, there are still more people testing it there than you can possibly payroll..

some of us want to see the game succeed, and will gladly put some time in with the PTS.
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos?
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm

1. They are prepping to install 1.5.2 on Live on or before Monday Nov 3.
    2. They are prepping to install 1.5.2 on PTS on or before Monday Nov 3.

Take your pick. I am going with #1.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on October 29, 2014 12:21AM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • frank.bindb16_ESO
    frank.bindb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes there are changes in the live version which noone should see before release, cause it would be an advantage to react on some changes before they go live.

Maybe these changes are in 1.5.2
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes there are changes in the live version which noone should see before release, cause it would be an advantage to react on some changes before they go live.

Maybe these changes are in 1.5.2
    A you mean the long overdue buffs to DKs? And this is because they don't want to have 60% DKs in Cyrodiil? Oh wait...
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because it is not ready yet. You bunch of ***hats
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Kalman wrote: »
    Maybe because it is not ready yet. You bunch of ***hats

Next live patch is slated to be a 1.5.x. It's almost here.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With it being so late in the day and no notice has been posted about the PTS being down for maintenance tomorrow, it looks like we won't be seeing 1.5.2 this week given how Friday updates are pretty much non-existent nowadays.

This coming Monday will be two weeks since 1.5.1, so I'd say chances are high that 1.5.2 will bypass the PTS and move directly to the live server next week. With the first six month subs expiring next week, ZOS has even more of an incentive to push Update 5 to the live servers as quickly as possible.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    With it being so late in the day and no notice has been posted about the PTS being down for maintenance tomorrow, it looks like we won't be seeing 1.5.2 this week given how Friday updates are pretty much non-existent nowadays.

This coming Monday will be two weeks since 1.5.1, so I'd say chances are high that 1.5.2 will bypass the PTS and move directly to the live server next week. With the first six month subs expiring next week, ZOS has even more of an incentive to push Update 5 to the live servers as quickly as possible.

Forgot about the six month sub coming due. Solid point.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ammount of features/changes/fixes in that patch is on a scale we havent seen yet. I would prefer giving ZOS the time they need to do it right. Rather than screaming NOW! And trust me I am eager and excited as anyone else

If they release 1.5.2 on live and then hotfix issues... well its not end of tje world is it?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragefist wrote: »
    Ammount of features/changes/fixes in that patch is on a scale we havent seen yet. I would prefer giving ZOS the time they need to do it right. Rather than screaming NOW! And trust me I am eager and excited as anyone else

If they release 1.5.2 on live and then hotfix issues... well its not end of tje world is it?

I am not sure that the "end of the 6 month subs" has much to do in the way of setting the date for Update 5. Anyone who wants to play with the bulk of Update 5 has been able to do it for a month now. I feel that if ZOS felt that Update 5 was important in this role, 1.5.2 would be on PTS already and they would be working on 1.5.3 for release to Live on Monday.

I am certain that the number one consideration for Update 5 is that they feel it is ready.

That said, I will be really surprised if Update 5 does not come on Monday. I think that all they are doing now is cleaning up loose ends and finishing up QA.

• Black_Wolf88
    Black_Wolf88
    ✭✭✭
    if you havent seen it already then read this: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1347465#Comment_1347465

I guess thats the main reason they havent updated the pts server with a new patch.
    "The key to immportality is first living a life worth remembering." -Bruce Lee
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you havent seen it already then read this: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1347465#Comment_1347465

I guess thats the main reason they havent updated the pts server with a new patch.

ya i saw that... im dissappointed... what ever differances between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 will hopefully be minimal and not negatively impact preformance...
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ya i saw that... im dissappointed... what ever differances between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 will hopefully be minimal and not negatively impact preformance...

I just saw a pig fly
  • risen1981
    risen1981
    ✭✭
    so i'm guessing the WW "skill-line" will still only be a 30sec ultimate ability.. ?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    risen1981 wrote: »
    so i'm guessing the WW "skill-line" will still only be a 30sec ultimate ability.. ?

There's two skill points that increase it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

There's two skill points that increase it.

and they have apparently made changes elsewhere that compensate. The comment in ESO Live was that they wanted WW to feel like an ultimate ability, not a long term condition, and the game was straying away from that.
  • risen1981
    risen1981
    ✭✭
    Isnt that exactly the opposite of what most people wanted?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that a lot of WW players got comfortable with the thought that WW would be more than an ultimate ability. Ultimately, I do not think that ZOS agreed.
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that a lot of WW players got comfortable with the thought that WW would be more than an ultimate ability. Ultimately, I do not think that ZOS agreed.

If its just an Ultimate..... then the damage needs to be more ultimatey.. currently I can do just as much DPS in human form.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are still going about WW transformation in the wrong way. It needs to be a toggle, it doesn't need a *** duration, and the WW ultimate needs to be one you use while transformed. The end.

They should stop being lazy and put a mappable button for toggle werewolf form for all the lycan out there.
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    The update is late enough as it is final testing will be done by the masses as usual.
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The update is late enough as it is final testing will be done by the masses as usual.

The "masses" do not play on PTS.

Edit. Unclear point. PTS is a play test system, so obviously, final play testing will always be done on the Live server by the "masses". Not enough people play on PTS to really do more than touch on play test.

Edited by Elsonso on November 2, 2014 3:47PM