The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Templar help

Josh.cullumbine1b16_ESO
So i just hit vet1 first time on eso and i love the templar game play, however im now stuck with what to choose for my skills.

I will be doing alot of pvp as i enjoy that the most and i feel being a healer and a supporting templar with range of debuffs and buffs aswell as healing is my prefered place.

i currently run 0/49/0 as a Breton and will be using 5 heavy/2 light and a 1h/shield with resto staff, i wont be going vampire or werewolf either. I've come to the conclusion that as a healer my main spells (correct me if im wrong) should be ; healing springs (morph of grand healing), Rapid Regenration (Regeneration morph), Breath of Life (morph of rushed ceremony) and Practiced incantation (rite of passage morph).

now here comes the part im confused on as so far i have 3 skills used and dont know what else to put on, ive looked on nurmerous topics that are fairly old and just need some advice to some of these skills.

Restoring aura, cleansing ritual, rune focus, backlash, eclipse, blinding light and sun shield all from the templar tree are any of these worth taking at all because that is alot to use. as well as the restoration buffs blessing of protection and steadfast ward. also equilibrium worth taking?

if i was to build it myself im looking towards this but need some guidance.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mozzyvM0V0W0mii8frrK8rHnY8rHLg8rJzg8bzvj8TsFk8heam8heaf8ffqh8fraS8rrYR8ffd48N7JLDT6MbMUf6MbMXO6MbMX28L7JcdoQr6MdoQC6MdoQF6MdoQJ8T7JLRMA6MrqAi6MrqAI6MrqAD6MrqAZ6crqLw8j7JrUR6LUa6LUx6MrJO16MrJPr6MrJPh6MrJPu8n7JrWF6LWQ6rWZ6LW36MfwgO6MfwgU6Mfwg26Mfwe08y7HMfQE16MfQE36MfQlu6MfQlI8v7HLanU6ranW6Mhy3D6Mhx0n6Mhx0y6Mhx0l6Mhx0B8U7mLrWE8zc7pcgePB6zgeXm6cgeXA6cgeYc8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, first off, you don't need that much heavy. For healing you want full light armor.

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first i am primarily playing in small groups so my advices are tinkered around my needs while doing so.
    my current spec
    changes nearly every few hours :mrgreen:
    as you can see alot of the skills are quite similar to yours
    differences:
    1. backlash is completly useless beside marking an assist target
    2. so my advice woud be a substitution for dark flare as it is in most cases the most reliable heal debuff in game
    3. skipped both rest staff heals as they are pure zerg skills i´ve reslotted them with
    4. harness magica as long as it refills "unlimited" magica while having dots ticking on you or beeing casted at it is THE magica management option for templars
    5. reflective light - snaring your opponents is quite handy to allow your team mates chasing them more efficiently while doing slightly dmg numbers aswell.
    6. change of the ultimates
    a) sturdy horn is a pure zerg ability -> switched it with soul assult one of the hardest hitting singeltarget abilities to enable you to increase the pressure on on target tremendously
    b) shooting star - even though nova offers more ae dmg the cc part of it is a lot stronger and its fire and forget usage is slightly faster than having to place a ground target my reason against any of rite of passage morph is its limit of 4 allies heals per tic wich is on top compleatly random so its not even usefull in zerg situations and limited efficiancy in small scale situations.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Josh.cullumbine1b16_ESO
    Thanks for the reply,

i only decided backlash just due to them vampires trying to charge in the and swarm and that mixed with unstable core would just destroy them.

harness magicka looks nice as a skill, as im looking at 5 heavy instead of 5 light with atronach stone and mundus stone effect enchancments and enchanting max magicka on items and reduced spell cast on rings/necklaces i still like the synergy of purfying ritual and healings springs to bring the groups hp back up and kept up and the magicka back from healing springs is too nice i think for me to give up.

reflective light i never really took into consideration i guess abit more damage and a snare is nice i will switch out rapid regeneration for either that or harness magicka.

now the ultimates i like the look of shooting star i never even seen that before will be putting that in instead of rite of passage.

sturdy horn i have mixed thoughts about the bonuses are really nice espically when pushing a fight to the enemy or getting hit back hard however someone has mentioned to me in game that soul assault or soul shatter is strong espically soul shatter being damage to all if the target dies but it requires timing ill have to look more into soul assault as ive never used it.
  • Syndy
    Syndy
    ✭✭✭
    I run with 2 bars both Resto Staff, one bar is dedicated to full healing. The other dedicated to support/debuffs.

My debuff bar looks like this:
    1) Breath of Life
    2) Binding Javelin
    3) Reflective Light
    4) Total Dark
    5) Dark Flare

U) Soul Assualt

Healing Bar
    1) Breath of life
    2) Efficient Purge
    3) Immovable
    4) Blinding Flashes
    5) Radiant Magelight

U) Solar Prison

I use a Resto staff on both bars. Heavy attack when you are not casting to regen magicka. I also run full Cloth armor for the magicka cost reduction from Evocation.

Currently I am running 5 piece Seducer, 3 piece Way of the Arena. All jewelry I have has reduced spell cost. I use infused trait on my chest and helm with health enchants, everything else is impenetrable with magicka enchants.

Try to keep immovable up as much as you can, you will find that as soon as people recognize you as a healing templar, you will get most of the attention from the dps. Generally my first cast when we start a fight is to cast immovable, then heal as needed, if you get melee attention hit blinding flashes to cut the mdps coming in on you. Radiant magelight is under used but I truly think it is the better morph, remember to recast it if you ever switch bars.

I do not run Blazing shield, annulment, or shield stack, I find those to be utterly broken mechanics and I don't want/need to take advantage of something broken to be competitive in PvP.

I generally only run in a small group of max 3-4 people.
    Edited by Syndy on October 23, 2014 7:11PM
    Syndy - VR14 Breton Templar
    Sacrilege
    Daggerfall Covenant

Warhammer
    Syndia - 100 Zealot, Syndai - 99 Black Guard, Cyndrana - 84 Sorceress
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a pug Zerg healer, don't like boys bands, so my build and game play is a bit different

You'll find my build and explanations in this thread

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/135359/templar-build-for-pvp#latesthttp://
    Edited by Nidwin on October 24, 2014 8:32AM
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You absolutely, 100%, want Radiant Magelight (morph of Inner Light from the Mage Guild tree) on your healing bar. You want as many heals to crit as possible.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Bullgar
    Bullgar
    ✭✭
    Radiant Magelight, Efficient Purge (morph of Purge), and Repentence. If you're runnin in small groups, you really need these 3 skills on your bars. You'll use them very often with a good, skilled group. Immovable as well, honestly.

And you are going to struggle in a tough, long battle if you aren't using 7 pieces of light armor.
    Bullgar, Orc Templar - DC
    Boglar, Imperial Templar - DC
    Paja Blackmane, Khajit NB - DC
    Bullgara, High Elf DK - DC
    Bull-gar, High Elf Warden - DC
  • Fafnisbane
    Fafnisbane
    ✭✭
    As others have said, 7 light is probably best, with a focus on spell power. This allows you to switch very easily between dps and healing (Templars can easily do both).

As for the skills: Blazing Shield is excellent. Anything with "Blazing" in the name is excellent. Blazing Spear is one of the best skills in the game, period.

Backlash, Rune Focus, Eclipse, and Blinding Light are *** in pvp. Just utter and complete ***.

Cleansing Ritual is good, but Efficient Purge is better. Restoring Aura is awesome, and both of its morphs are incredibly useful -- Repentance is one of the best pvp skills in the game.

If you're doing support, you should also have Rapid Retreat on your bar.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fafnisbane wrote: »
    Cleansing Ritual is good, but Efficient Purge is better.

I could argue that. It's half the magicka, and does a HoT too!
    It all depends on the group you're rolling with. If they have enough of a brain to press the cleanse hotkey, cleaning ritual, imo, is much better.

Vehemence
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Focus on Blazing Shield and Spear, whenever beeing attacked by vamp-groups or fotm DKs, pop your Blazing Shield and try to stay in their range. It is one of the best ways to counter the 1vsX players when you are not alone. You'll often see a DK chasing into a zerg and popping all his AE fotm stuff + permanent root (Talons). Here you need rapid manauver if you want to move. Instead, if you want to fight go for Shield + Spear AE dmg.

There are really many players atm (and since June) that use and abuse specific specs that can be countered with blazing shield (not by trying to heal the dmg).

Beside that, try out to be minimalistic on healing: Try just using breath of life (+healing springs for ultimate-reggen out of fight) and going into your own survivability. A dead Templar or a CCd templar (bacause he has not enough stamina) is no helpful templar.

Remind u that actually Bow is the preferred weapon which also offers a heal-debuff which you have to remove from your team mate who will not use purge himself or push "x". Against heal-debuffs 1-2 purge(s) are necessary before healing (e.g. under meatbag fire). Therefore you loose important time for healing -> find a non-templar purge char. I know - most of the time we do it - but for effective healing it's better s.o. else does it, so you can start immediately to push out your 1500+ heals.

Repentance IMO is not "one of the best skills" but very nice in combination In PvP if another templar uses the other morph. I prefer the other morph because 80% more stamina reg means really everbody in the group can keep Immovable up. Beside that you can keep up rapid maneuver, Caltrops, etc. pretty easily AND sprint all the time, especially to be faster at healing sb.

I call them "group buff(s)" skills -> as a Templar life is much easier if another mate uses maneuvre, another one purge, etc. Basic logic: every team member uses one "group buff / skill". Very often Templars handicap their hotbar by taking too many group buffs inside and leaving other important skills out, loosing their ability to self-defend. Do not make the same error if you have a regular group, assign roles to certain chars: like purge, so that you can heal instantly up!
    Edited by Francescolg on November 1, 2014 9:08AM