The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Immovable broken too!!!??

Duukar
Duukar
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have the immovable heavy armour buff up.. Its obvious. I just activated it and the white sphere is around me.

Yet a Dk shield rushes into me, I avoid that stun, but then he casts talons on me and IM ROOTED!!!!!????

I thought the idea was immune to CC??? So what gives? Another broken ability from ZoS?

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌
Duuk
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they've changed the tag on that, it only grants immunity to knockback and disabling effects, not snares or roots.
    ----
    Murray?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Immovable doesn't work on roots. You need Maneuvers for immunity to roots.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snares and roots are not considered 'hard' CC by the game, so there is no immunity timer to them.

It is one of the worst decisions ZOS made when designing the game, because it makes 'soft' CC actually worse than 'hard' CC, and it makes Talons spam so difficult to counter.

It is silly, annoying, and needs to be changed.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snares and roots are not considered 'hard' CC by the game, so there is no immunity timer to them.

It is one of the worst decisions ZOS made when designing the game, because it makes 'soft' CC actually worse than 'hard' CC, and it makes Talons spam so difficult to counter.

There are plenty of abilities that remove snares or make you resistant to them. The OP is confused about the actual ability text (which maybe should have been read more thoroughly before tagging a ZO rep as though this is a company issue).
    ----
    Murray?
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point. I would consider a snare or a root a "disabling effect" however. It seems they are dead set on having DKs and sorcs be OP..

Honestly An ability that makes you unable to move which is spammable and costs TONS of stam to break out of to just be re-rooted again? What were they smoking???

Duuk
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are plenty of abilities that remove snares or make you resistant to them. The OP is confused about the actual ability text (which maybe should have been read more thoroughly before tagging a ZO rep as though this is a company issue).

Let's be honest. With the state of this game pretty much every ability that doesn't work is a "company issue".

Im a fan of this game too. Stop pandering to the Devs. they need to do their job!

Duuk
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »

Let's be honest. With the state of this game pretty much every ability that doesn't work is a "company issue".

Im a fan of this game too. Stop pandering to the Devs. they need to do their job!

Duuk

What ability isn't working here? Unless there's an ability in the game called Literacy, the only issue here is your ability to comprehend the text on the screen.

Immovable has never affected snares or roots. Never. It's working as intended.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Akula
    Akula
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I have the immovable heavy armour buff up.. Its obvious. I just activated it and the white sphere is around me.

Yet a Dk shield rushes into me, I avoid that stun, but then he casts talons on me and IM ROOTED!!!!!????

I thought the idea was immune to CC??? So what gives? Another broken ability from ZoS?

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Duuk

Actually reading the tool tip could be helpful here....who knew?
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the constant whining about immoveable and not wearing heavy armor? That seems to have stopped, I think people learned to block.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What ability isn't working here? Unless there's an ability in the game called Literacy, the only issue here is your ability to comprehend the text on the screen.

What's not working here is the game, because 'soft CC' is actually harder to break out of than hard CC. This leads to some powers being overpowered due to being spammable.

With Talons, it is even worse. You can roll dodge out of it, but unless you are stamina specced and in medium armor, you're going to spend more resources to get out of it than the DK spent to put you into it. That's just plain ridiculous.

Alternatively, you can try to purge it if you are high enough rank in RvR, but again you are going to be spending more resources than the DK is.

There's no scenario here where you come out ahead... again, all because there is no immunity timer.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's not working here is the game, because 'soft CC' is actually harder to break out of than hard CC. This leads to some powers being overpowered due to being spammable.

With Talons, it is even worse. You can roll dodge out of it, but unless you are stamina specced and in medium armor, you're going to spend more resources to get out of it than the DK spent to put you into it. That's just plain ridiculous.

Alternatively, you can try to purge it if you are high enough rank in RvR, but again you are going to be spending more resources than the DK is.

There's no scenario here where you come out ahead... again, all because there is no immunity timer.

And how does this relate to the initial post, which claimed that the ability was not working as intended?
    ----
    Murray?
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP asked 'what gives?' with the ability. People are replying that while it is not broken in the sense of not working as intended, it is in many people's opinion overpowered. In fact, the developers have actually said they are considering making some abilities that are currently not subject to immunity timers actually subject to them. This is the sort of ability I imagine they are talking about.
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good point. I would consider a snare or a root a "disabling effect" however. It seems they are dead set on having DKs and sorcs be OP..

Honestly An ability that makes you unable to move which is spammable and costs TONS of stam to break out of to just be re-rooted again? What were they smoking???

Duuk

Maybe they figured everybody was playing characters with strong ranged abilities, *cough* mages *cough*, and hadn't yet implemented "danger zone" AoE's? Snare/root is only a problem if you actually need to move. I'll admit I don't PvP, but I'd assume most of the snares/roots aren't a threat in and of themselves. It's the followups that are, and (I would hope) take far more resources than the snares/roots.

a.k.a. I'd assume you wouldn't need to break out of every root/snare. Just the one you're suffering from when your opponent tries to drop his ultimate on your head.

Achievements Suck
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for calling into question my intelligence. I happen to be highly educated and successful.

My interpretation of "Disabling ability" applying to roots would just show that I recently leveled the ability to implement VS. those damn sorcs. In my world a root is a disabling ability. Semantics.

I'm actually quite satisfied with the ability now that I have accepted the fact that it doesn't affect roots. Gives those Sorcs all kinds of issues.

Duuku ba doo doo

• Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for calling into question my intelligence.
    Yeah, some people on this forum love to do that, never heard of just telling people they are wrong but got to make it personal.