The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please, seriously, fix Templar Toppling Charge

Skwor
Skwor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Why does this skill have a cooldown/lockeout after use? It has been reported numerous times as a bug and nothing has been mentioned about it.

Just like when you added a cooldown/lockout to Biting Jabs, Toppling Charge prevents a Templar from taking ANY action for 1 to 2 seconds after use. We can not heal, attack, or anything else. It is effectively a self stun after use, given it is supposed to stun your opponent for 2 ish seconds this makes the charge very ineffective.

When used in PVP if I am in any type of crowd I am left utterly useless and a free kill because of this effect.

Now the shield and board Shield Charge has no such issue and works with no cooldown imposed to the player. So why again are Templars forced to live with cooldowns on their skills, identical skills to other builds?

Seriously please fix this, people say do this or that to counter other class builds and when a person does try different Templar builds this happens.
Edited by Skwor on August 31, 2014 12:37PM
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does this skill have a cooldown/lockeout after use? It has been reported numerous times as a bug and nothing has been mentioned about it.

Just like when you added a cooldown/lockout to Biting Jabs, Toppling Charge prevents a Templar from taking ANY action for 1 to 2 seconds after use. We can not heal, attack, or anything else. It is effectively a self stun after use, given it is supposed to stun your opponent for 2 ish seconds this makes the charge very ineffective.

When used in PVP if I am in any type of crowd I am left utterly useless and a free kill because of this effect.

Now the shield and board Shield Charge has no such issue and works with no cooldown imposed to the player. So why again are Templars forced to live with cooldowns on their skills, identical skills to other builds?

Seriously please fix this, people say do this or that to counter other class builds and when a person does try different Templar builds this happens.
    This only happens to me in very large battles, so I'd think it's more because of lag than an actual cooldown. More annoying is when it bugs out and you're left running with a spear in your hands unable to do anything but move slowly.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This only happens to me in very large battles, so I'd think it's more because of lag than an actual cooldown. More annoying is when it bugs out and you're left running with a spear in your hands unable to do anything but move slowly.

I have tested it in PVE it also temporally locks you out there as well. It is more than lag. I thought lag at first but then I started testing it thoroughly.
    Edited by Skwor on September 4, 2014 12:13PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have tested it in PVE it also temporally locks you out there as well. It is more than lag. I though lag at first but then I started testing it thoroughly.

its ~1,5sec ability lockout after usage +lag/latency etc.
    it sucks tremendously
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭
    I have another issue with toppling charge in RvR. Often, i mean REALLY often my character just gets stuck in charge animation (with that spear of light in her hands) without any possibility to do anything. I cannot switch weapons or use any other ability, bandaid solutions (like press esc twice, or switch weapon set from the character screen) don't help. The way out is either to die or to wait like 20 seconds.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the same problem with shield charge, i get stuck in the charge animation in large battles and cannot do anything, yet other players will continue to attack me just fine. I see tons of players stuck in this animation during large laggy battles.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think these are two different issues. Short, one second delay before one can use another skill is always present and indeed makes little sense, because stunned opponent which CC breaks can counterattack almost faster than you can continue.
    Bugged out charge and stuck skills (also block) is another issue. I sent several /bugs about this to no avail.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on August 31, 2014 11:09PM
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken and still asking to have this fixed please. This is repeatable every time.
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Is this only the templar charge then or all the others too?

I've noticed the delay but was never really bothered by it tbh...
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni emplyee 1: Templar players are so hot headed, they're complaining about everything
    Zeni employee 2: yeah they need to cool down...

(sorry)
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another annoying bug... not being able to cast eclipse. Like it has a cooldown or something and my player just freezes mid animation and doesn't cast it.
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Another annoying bug... not being able to cast eclipse. Like it has a cooldown or something and my player just freezes mid animation and doesn't cast it.
    Ya i've stopped using eclipse for the most part b/c its so unreliable.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dudis wrote: »

It only happens on the Templar Charge, go figure. Here is my surprised face :\
    Edited by Skwor on September 4, 2014 4:28PM
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeni emplyee 1: Templar players are so hot headed, they're complaining about everything
    Zeni employee 2: yeah they need to cool down...

(sorry)

Epic!
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its all but while other charges have a 10% chance(increasing the closer you get to a zergfest) to get stuck toppling charge is at 50%(and at 100% if used in a zergy situation)
    Edited by Tankqull on September 4, 2014 7:54PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its all but while other charges have a 10% chance(increasing the closer you get to a zergfest) to get stuck toppling charge is at 50%(and at 100% if used in a zergy situation)
    Tis a brave temp who uses it in zergs...
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is either CC immunity after CC break, which is not entirely wrong, though it could at least do damage and not look like glitch, or automatic CC immunity that kicks in as soon as player/mob is CCed by something else (e.g. it is impossible to shut down player/mob which has been knocked down), which imo is bug.
    I have already sent bug or two about this too.
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed some terrible lag tonight on this skill specifically since it was tremendously zergy. So nevermind my previous statement, this is really annoying indeed. :/
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH the sorcerer's streak has the same issue, i just never saw anyone complain about it.
    If it's a bug, i want mine fixed too!
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

That is either CC immunity after CC break, which is not entirely wrong, though it could at least do damage and not look like glitch, or automatic CC immunity that kicks in as soon as player/mob is CCed by something else (e.g. it is impossible to shut down player/mob which has been knocked down), which imo is bug.
    I have already sent bug or two about this too.

That makes sense. The whole CC immunity thing must only work on eclipse then cause whenever I use break free I get stunned immediately after anyway. I've tried to use eclipse for a whole 5 seconds and not gotten anywhere before. Would be nice to get an animation, or if my character is just not going to cast a spell an error message would be nice.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    TBH the sorcerer's streak has the same issue, i just never saw anyone complain about it.

Yeah.

And then there is the bug where streak completely breaks and you can't fix it without relogging. It casts the spell, takes the mana, stuns everyone around you...but you don't move.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »

Yeah.

And then there is the bug where streak completely breaks and you can't fix it without relogging. It casts the spell, takes the mana, stuns everyone around you...but you don't move.

The templar charge stuns the templar every time, it is not random. I am not saying your issue is invalid, just that toppling charge stunning the user every time is a little more game breaking then a random movement lock.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's keep this focused on Toppling/Explosive charge.
    It could be such an awesome skill.
    The ability lock out is some BS. (the glitched animations also suck)
    Please fix the broken stuff Zenimax.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is hearsay so I don't know how reliable it is, but I heard the ridiculously long cool-down on the Toppling Charge skill was a "solution" Zenimax instituted to combat bots.

I love this game but I hate when Zenimax willingly does nothing and allows unnecessary and inconsistent nerfs/stupidity to what are otherwise interesting skills. When I see shield charge have a 1.5 second cooldown, then I'll be convinced this global cooldown is for legitimate game balance reasons.

Edit: yeah necromancy! A frowned on practice, but has legitimate uses such as when Zenimax doesn't fix stuff that has been clearly addressed for months...
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 30, 2014 6:47PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, absolutely ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed yet... seriously