The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Balancing Suggestions

Macoda
Macoda
Soul Shriven
Over the past few months, there have been more and more changes to how Magicka and Stamina are being balanced. In addition to those changes, there are few that I have compiled from different ideas on the forums as well as some of those that I have talked with my friends about. Those listed below are a compilation of different balancing suggestions that would help less the gap between Magicka and Stamina build as well as introduce trade-offs on armor types utilized/selected. Please review the following and take them under consideration as balancing suggestions to incorporate into the game. Thank you...

- It should not be possible to cast any spells while blocking
- Blocking should require stamina burn…the burn rate should be reduced via 1h and shield passive if shield is being used in off hand slot
- Stamina should not regenerate while blocking
- Magicka should not regenerate while using any escape type skill (i.e., Shadow Cloak and Bolt Escape)
- Shield block should be 180 degree arch on front side of player and blocking all incoming physical attacks in that arch
- Weapon block should be 180 degree arch on front side of player and only block all incoming melee attacks
- All damage shields should be a toggle (not castable), require mana burn to maintain and not allow magicka regeneration while toggled on.
- Magelight should only work on sneak…not invisibility
- If a damage shield toggle is activated or a shield is wielded in off hand, outgoing damage is reduced by 50%
- Immovable should require 5 or more pieces of heavy armor to activate
- Immovable should also prevent the use of any mobility enhancing skills while activated (i.e., Rapid Manuever, Teleport Strike, Bolt Escape and any mechanics that acts like a Charge)
- Annulment should require 5 or more pieces of light armor to activate
- Evasion should require 5 or more pieces of medium armor to activate
- Annulment and Evasion should be buffed to be on par in effectiveness to Immovable
- Run, Sneak, Dodge and Block mechanic are all based of higher resource pool between Magicka and Stamina. The associated skills for Magicka would be Travel Chant (run), Magic Veil (sneak), Phase Shift (dodge) and Summoned Shield (Block)…maybe with a simple new animation for each showing the magicka based version to caster and friendlies.
- Impenetrability trait needs to be revised to reduce incoming critical damage instead of incoming critical chance
- Revised Impenetrability trait scale should be: 6.25% per gold piece, 5% per purple piece, 3.75% per blue piece, 2.5% per green piece and 1.25% per white piece
- Light armor should have zero armor value per piece and should not be able to use the reinforced trait as a result. It should also have a 35% damage taken decrease to spell based damage and 35% damage taken increase from physical based damage (this is also applicable to spell and physical crit damage with or without impenetrability trait values). In addition, any casted shields should have a 35% reduction in the value of the shield.
- Medium armor should half the value of heavy armor values with no other benefits or penalties to the armor.
- Heavy armor should have full armor values and any casted shields should have a 35% increase in the value of the shield. It also has a 35% damage taken decrease to physical based damage and 35% damage taken increase from spell based damage (this is also applicable to spell and physical crit damage with or without impenetrability trait values).
- Armor or spell penetration cannot reduce the value of the resistance below zero
- Impulse (and Morphs) have cast time of 1 second introduced
- Pulsar Morph for Impulse additional effect changed to increase radius to 10 meters
- Activation cost for Bat Swarm Ultimate needs to be increased to reduce its availability
- Ultimate should only be gained on healing spells when the heal is restoring health to a player or non player character
- Class skills should be reviewed to determine which should be Stamina based. This should be categorized as such if it more of a physical damage based attack (i.e., Veiled Strike for a Nightblade).
Edited by Macoda on September 24, 2014 8:53PM
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    This changes would be good if Cyrodiil PvP was the only content in this game. However now it's not so allot of what you suggest would not work in hardmode PvE content. I mean you would have allot more harder time to even be able to complete them. I'm not sure anyone would be able to tank normal mode trials and Dragonstar Arena even with your suggestions.
  • Macoda
    Macoda
    Soul Shriven
    You make a very good point, Sunrock. As you pointed out, I definitely am viewing these suggestions from a PvP based perspective...as I have not engaged in much PvE content in this game. With that in mind, they may need to have a seperate set of mechanics in place for the PvP game in ESO. By not having some modifications along these lines in PvP, it makes the experience very bland given that the overwhelming majority of the population is still using the same general setups/skills to do everything with. Things are improving with Stamina, but there still needs to be some serious looks given at the skill and passive imbalances.
    Edited by Macoda on September 29, 2014 5:59PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macoda wrote: »
    With that in mind, they may need to have a seperate set of mechanics in place for the PvP game in ESO.

Not having PvP builds/PvP gear was one of the big things that made this game unique. I personally hope they never separate PVE and PVP in such a way.

What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!