The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unstoppable

Bashev
Bashev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
There is no logic in this morph right now. It increases the duration with 35% if you are with 7 heavy pieces. It means the duration of the skill will be 10.8 seconds. The skill costs 448 stamina, that means 41.48 stamina per second. If you wear 7 medium pieces you have 21% stamina cost reduction and 28% stamina regen increase. The cost of the skill will be 354 stamina, 44.25 stamina per second. From medium armor passive 28% stamina regeneration on basic stat of 60 stamina regen you earn 16.8 stamina per 2 seconds. so 8.4 stamina per second more.

In order to activate stamina return from the heavy armor passive we need to receive damage every 2 seconds. So if we receive 2 times damage for 8 seconds we can receive around 60 stamina for 8 seconds which will be 7.5 stamina back per second.

Even more if we use the new Serpent set which is only medium and gives 8% stamina reduction per skills we can have even cheaper stamina consumption for Unstoppable.

Conclusion: it is cheaper to use Unstoppable with 7 medium pieces than 7 heavy pieces.

Where is the logic?
Edited by Bashev on September 30, 2014 3:23PM
Because I can!
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    in their pockets ehehe
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is not even it though. Look at the twin sister set. PERFECT EXAMPLE! It is, imo, the best tank set there is. Simply because just from blocking whoever attacks you bleeds for X amount of time over Y seconds. Guess what....its medium armor....Totally makes my heavy armor tank sad that it is not heavy armor. Looks like, as much as I dont want too, he might be switching to medium armor should I ever decide to dust him off and play as him again. Sadly I think he will sit at vr4.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think also if you compare powers like Annulment (Harness Magicka) You see a power that is much more useful... except for that CC ignoring thing. I don't understand why they make it a percentile difference on powers like these though. There is no reason to give us decimal points over a second basis, on many abilities. For instance, how does it help me that blinding flashes on a templar lasts 7.2 seconds. Those last 1.2 seconds are worthless, but if it rounded up to the nearest whole number I'd get one more pulse of the flash off (Cinder Storm from DK line is probably better anyway).

I too am also considering going with Medium Armor as well. Heavy Armor still needs work. I can remember a friend in game being all excited that being struck now returns 15% magicka/stamina back to the tank. I had to explain to him, that it was only a .15% return... in other words fairly worthless. He proceeded to put his light armor back on.

I'm still of a strong opinion that if they want to make Heavy Armor viable, they need to give us a Nord-like damage reduction that stacks with each piece of heavy armor we wear. Heavy armor degrades really rapidly in combat, I suppose because heavy armor wearers tend to be the ones that get beat on. The weapon damage from Medium Armor is fairly comparable to Heavy, you just need a 5 piece set of Medium, and Medium has the added bonus of criticals, stamina cost reduction and stamina regeneration.

Back to the topic, I can understand why they wanted KB/Stun immunity to be a high cost, but in a game where people can spam Talons/Encase all day long without getting tired, I'm not necessarily sure that's a bad thing.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2.8 or 3 seconds is 168 stamina.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cannot understand this. 168 stamina from stamina recovery for 3 seconds?
    Edited by Bashev on September 29, 2014 4:42PM
    Because I can!
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    I cannot understand this. 168 stamina from stamina recovery for 3 seconds?

well im looking at it like 8 seconds at 448 cost is 56stamina cost per second. If you add 3 seconds then thats 56stam per secondx3 seconds=168 stamina bonus that you arent paying for.

What bothers me is that heavy armor passive has a breakout cost reduction which bumps heads with using immovable.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    w/o all that math, I could have told you 2.8 secs wasn't worth it ;)
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What bothers me is that heavy armor passive has a breakout cost reduction which bumps heads with using immovable.
    Yep I also thought about it. Even if you look from pve side the breakout cost reduction is "useless". Players in heavy usually are the tanks. The mechanic of the game protects you from all crowd control abilities except fear when you block. The tank always blocks, why do you need this feature.
    Because I can!
  • Jeffrey530
    Jeffrey530
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bonuses of wearing more the same type of armor is pointless. It is so insignificant
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And heavy armor is still worse than light or medium.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    w/o all that math, I could have told you 2.8 secs wasn't worth it ;)

Maybe but its still 3 seconds and you have to translate that into stamina if you are going to compare. They are giving you an 8 second immovable skill so each second costs something. If you add 3 seconds that is about 168 stamina. With that known....it seems to be on par with medium armor immovable usage. It should definately be significantly more though. Like 4 seconds added.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is heavy armor...... there is no logic behind its design