Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Congratulations! This is the millionth thread about NB cloak not working properly

Yusuf
Yusuf
✭✭✭✭✭
I could write down my whole history as a NB but let's skip that.
Dark Cloak was working ok pre 1.4 but then it got screwed over bigtime by being broken by every projectile.

That eventually got fixed, but only 50%, because physical gapclosers still break the cloak. You see an enemy-nightblade trying to cloak? Ambush him, even if he's invisible you'll hit him.

Stampede, Invasion, Toppling Charge, Ambush, they ALL break the cloak.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the average Nightblade got even tired of answering threads like this on the forums :/
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting this feeling of dejavu.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waiting, waiting waiting
    waiting, waiting waiting waiting, waiting waiting
    waiting, waiting waiting waiting, waiting waiting

waiting, waiting waiting waiting, waiting waiting for you to come along, waiting for you to tell me what went wrong!
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    trying to think of an awesome song that relates to this.......

hmm.......
    Options
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanna know whether it's intended for the cloak to break when someone's shield-charging me :(
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All charges are bugged right now, they root the target before they get to them silencing them and making the game clunky as hell. The issue is probably
    charges and not your cloak.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
    Options
  • XDem
    XDem
    ✭✭✭
    People looking at you funny also breaks your cloak.
    Edited by XDem on October 27, 2014 1:08PM
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc I break your cloak with velacious curse, streak and the thing that really works is magelight. Your cloak does work for two seconds but I'm on top of you with mage light to pop you back out of stealth when you invisibility ends. You either need to realize this stuff is happening to you and adapt or keep complaining to zenimax that the few counters out there are to OP for you to handle. Mage NB are very powerful right now, think outside the box as these night blades have, I can barely kill them.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    Options
  • iliatha
    iliatha
    ✭✭✭
    Mage NB are very powerful right now, think outside the box as these night blades have, I can barely kill them.

really ? think outside the box ? like 80% of all NBs that play with 1h shield + resto staff ? :D btw your magelight + blink dont need a target to reveal hidden players. So it has nothing to do with the problem Yusuf is talking about.

Options
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Ya I get charged all day long by dks even while spamming cloak.
    In craglorn, scorpions and wasps follow me behind rocks while I'm spamming cloak 50% of the time. I'll literally get spotted, hide behind rock while spamming cloak every second or two, they run right up to me behind the rock and sit on top of me waiting for me to run out of magic. I've put in bug reports but they don't give a *** anymore. They'll fix that curse word fast but how long till cloak actually works.
    I'm rerolling dk now. I give up on my buggy nb.
    Options
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sorc I break your cloak with velacious curse, streak and the thing that really works is magelight. Your cloak does work for two seconds but I'm on top of you with mage light to pop you back out of stealth when you invisibility ends. You either need to realize this stuff is happening to you and adapt or keep complaining to zenimax that the few counters out there are to OP for you to handle. Mage NB are very powerful right now, think outside the box as these night blades have, I can barely kill them.

Thanks for the input my friend but my main is a sorc so i know how to handle things properly. I AM a magicka-built NB ( Funny thing is, as my Sorc im afraid of dks and as my nb im afraid of sorcs)

Velocious Curse breaking my Cloak is not an Issue, Invasion or Ambush breaking it is.
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the main issue with the cloak being broken with charge type abilities comes from them rooting and silencing you while they are on path to you during the charge. This is a bug since 1.3, i brought it up at the guild summit, zos was unaware of this issue. I see alot of threads of people having trouble with charges and I believe this is the root cause.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    Options
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the main issue with the cloak being broken with charge type abilities comes from them rooting and silencing you while they are on path to you during the charge. This is a bug since 1.3, i brought it up at the guild summit, zos was unaware of this issue. I see alot of threads of people having trouble with charges and I believe this is the root cause.

I thought it was general "sluggish gameplay". Thanks for elaborating, i was suprised that i couldn't block an incoming Shield-Charge except if i held the block-button beforehand.

About ZOS being unaware of the issue: People are tired of typing bugreports, which is why the leader of my PVP-Guild has posted an open invitation to the Devs to play PVP with us, still to no avail. It doesn't have to be with OUR guild or whatever, we'd just like the devs to be in communication withexperienced players who know what team is responsible for what topic (the pvp-team for example has no real say in class-skills or class-balance but rather PVP-Mechanics)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/137009/invitation-to-developers/p1

Please try to keep that thread alive and contribute to better communication between ZOS and the playerbase :)
    Options