The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The launcher now says install

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi,

when I tried to launch the game this morning the START button now says INSTALL - are there any hotfixes to be made?

Thanks!
  • Shagrat
    Shagrat
    Soul Shriven
    Got the same problem.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch 1.4.6 hit today on the EU server (yesterday on US).

is that expected to break the launcher?
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to have broken launcher for many... try following

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/79631/100-fixed-tested-zenimaxs-solution-to-patch-fix-gm-posted-error-209/p1

if it doesn't help then might be that you really need to install
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/79631/100-fixed-tested-zenimaxs-solution-to-patch-fix-gm-posted-error-209/p1

I can't find the mentioned files on my Mac - is it PC specific?
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Syntse wrote: »

I can't find the mentioned files on my Mac - is it PC specific?

That might be... dunno about macs.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, so I started the launcher this evening to download the patch. It started downloading right away (live & PTS), the PLAY button was changed to PAUSE. After it finished with live (button changed back to PLAY), I just let it sit on the desktop to continue downloading the PTS update. Live stayed being selected (highlighted).

After a while, the "Error 209 - PatchManifestError_VersionFail" error message popped up all of a sudden. PLAY button changed to REPAIR. So I clicked repair, and let it do its thing (checksumming/comparing). It went through it quickly and smoothly, could be that it downloaded something again very fast, and when it finished, PLAY was displayed again. So I started the client, it reported version 1.4.6.1065271. I could login, everything was peachy-keen. Logout, launcher continued with the PTS.

Then Error 209 popped up again. Sigh. Funny thing is, clicking PLAY (yeah, it stayed that way) launches the client regardless of the error message.

I suspect it's something on the CDN side. The launcher keeps a connection to the CDN open (mine just happened to connect to the host 06-80-46-186-compute-ag2-ash01.opsourcecloud.net, which might or might not be a different domain/provider than in the past, I can't remember). Maybe it get's asked periodically about the client's version and the data on the CDN side the local version gets compared to is off.

The client continues to work just fine.

The databuild.stamp file in /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/depot/_databuild reports
    0.win.0.live.1065271
    2014/10/11:01:20:15

which seems to be in order.

Update: PTS download has finished, and the launcher hasn't displayed the error message again in the meantime.
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on October 14, 2014 7:24PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could it be caused by me erroniously leaving the launcher open while they push a patch?
  • NickWindust
    Have the same problem, and I didn't have the launcher open. Looks like they may have nerfed the Mac client for good. Or is the only option a complete reinstall ? If so, how do you do a clean uninstall ?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just did a clean install, I just deleted the folder
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although, it didn't work - the launcher still says install, I can still launch the game from the exe file.
    - is there any way I can expect the software I have bought and the service I subscribe to to be working any time soon, or should I just content myself with paying for nothing?
    - Could someone who works for the money I pay try and help out, say if this is to be expected or what not? Am I to download 25 gb every day, and keep 60 gb free on my HD at all times also?

Don't mean to be rude but this is getting ridiculous and it has been like this since launch - practically every time a minor or major patch hits I have to re-download the entire game...
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, my rant is going to continue...
    I have just deleted the game (for the third time in two days) and am getting ready to re-download (for the third time in two days), and now the launcher can't create the download, the INSTALL button now says PAUSE but it doesn't work. The launcher is stuck, again, but in a new and exciting way.
    I demand compensation in the form of fishy sticks and sweet rolls!
  • NickWindust
    Jitterbug,
    At least you have done a service to the community by letting the rest of us know that reinstalling does not fix the problem, which strongly suggests that the problem is on their end, not ours.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And sure enough, maintenance = broken game - it now can not launch.

I have repaired two times, it says it is unable to download manifest.

EDIT: FYI third time was the charm, and the game now seems to be working.
    Edited by Jitterbug on October 28, 2014 9:19AM