Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we please talk about the "Twin Sisters" Set

michaelb14a_ESO2
michaelb14a_ESO2
✭✭✭✭
Bugged? Overpowered? Intended? I think its not just unbalancing PVP but it's now spreading into PVE....it's getting ridiculous.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah because standing in your opponents caltrops and hitting them for 500 damage is surely intended or something.

Also lol @ it becoming prevalent in PvE apparently being the tipping point to making this thread.
    Edited by Rylana on October 27, 2014 3:37PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlikely intended in my opinion and bad for the game.... although it is pretty funny to watch someone wreck themselves on it :p. Should be a cooldown on it or something.
    Options
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Yeah because standing in your opponents caltrops and hitting them for 500 damage is surely intended or something.

Also lol @ the last three words of your post apparently being the tipping point to making this thread.

The worst part is that it stacks....and stacks...and stacks on itself. As to PVE being the tipping point, for me? Not at all, and could care less. However it does seem to be for ZOS when it comes to addressing issues.
    Edited by michaelb14a_ESO2 on October 27, 2014 3:43PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on September 6, 2020 11:37PM
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it does not stack
    and it only rarely works
    tool tip say 20% chance of working and its true because ive tested it. it only works 20% of the time

lol, clearly you haven't because thats blatantly wrong. It does stack and in addition there are certain abilities that make it proc basically 100% of the time.
    Edited by Huntler on October 27, 2014 3:47PM
    Options
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    it does not stack
    and it only rarely works
    tool tip say 20% chance of working and its true because ive tested it. it only works 20% of the time

It does stack on itself. I have been using the set for ~3 weeks and it simply wrecks face. imo.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sets like Spectre's Eye are also bugged and basically proc after any action you take.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standing in Caltrops can be dangerous though cause it eats up Stamina when blocking. It will stack with itself in the sense that you'll apply the dot to someone (cause it instantly does damage) and if you set it off again you'll get the first tic of that new dot however it doesn't do 2 dots at once running the duration.

Its biggest power though is that it goes through block
    Options
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normally I'd rely on other's purging me but I slot it as it's mandatory against TS users. The stacking is the only part that feels overly strong.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally want to run 5 Warlock/5 TS on my Nightblade with 1 handed shield and Sap Essence..I think I could build up so much Ultimate with a zerg fight that I could drop Veil of Blades left and right.
    Options
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twin Sisters set is a monster right now. It procs strangely on way too many things to be intended. Especially bad in big fights when you can barely discern which player is which, much less be able to see what armor they are wearing.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Twin Sisters set is a monster right now. It procs strangely on way too many things to be intended. Especially bad in big fights when you can barely discern which player is which, much less be able to see what armor they are wearing.

Its always procced a lot, which is why I ran it on my DK in my videos...Mainly to build Ultimate. they did bug some abilities recently though...things like Crushing Shock proc it on all 3 hits.
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally want to run 5 Warlock/5 TS on my Nightblade with 1 handed shield and Sap Essence..I think I could build up so much Ultimate with a zerg fight that I could drop Veil of Blades left and right.

I already tested it.
    Yes, you gain very much ultimate and yes you´re able to deal a ton of dmg.
    Its quite boring, cause u feel so *** op, but u´re able to use VoB or Soul tether quite often.

*flies away*

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

I already tested it.
    Yes, you gain very much ultimate and yes you´re able to deal a ton of dmg.
    Its quite boring, cause u feel so *** op, but u´re able to use VoB or Soul tether quite often.

*flies away*

Yea that's what I thought...I use it on my stamina DK to build ultimate fast...so i know how powerful that is..I was just thinking how silly it'd be on my Nightblade Spamming Sap Essence which builds ultimate incredibly fast also.
    Options
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

Its always procced a lot, which is why I ran it on my DK in my videos...Mainly to build Ultimate. they did bug some abilities recently though...things like Crushing Shock proc it on all 3 hits.

Yeah I learned the hard way that it proc'd on all three hits of crushing shock.... Big fight, start spamming skills, game lags, your guy keeps casting, then poof dead. Look at recap -- all hits are that damn blue skull of TS set.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I learned the hard way that it proc'd on all three hits of crushing shock.... Big fight, start spamming skills, game lags, your guy keeps casting, then poof dead. Look at recap -- all hits are that damn blue skull of TS set.

Whats funny is, if you go back and look at some of my posts when they were upgrading the sets I kept saying "There is one set i'm going to abuse the hell out of, can't believe ya haven't noticed it" and that was the Twin Sisters set..cause when I saw they upgraded it to a bloody 800 delve dot, when Blood Craze which is 500ish delve dot hits hard....I was like "yea i'm going to use that"

But yea, something they did recently in one of the patches bugged some abilities. Flurry/Crushing Shock/Blood Craze are bugged for sure...and they'll set off procs on peoples armor 100% of the time. If Thunderous Plate armor worked on things past melee range, you'd see everyone running it because everytime someone hit them with Crushing Shock you'd set off 3 Procs of it. Blood Craze is weird in that its dot will set off Thunderous 100% of the time if you're right next to them (along with the initial hit)..I'm pretty sure it works the same way on Twin Sisters and its more noticeable because Twin Sister doesn't have a Range requirement like Thunderous.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it does not stack
    and it only rarely works

Works and stacks. This is all from the same enemy

fodl4m.jpg
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes, above, the only thing dude had to do was blazing shield or block.

Game somehow manages to get worse in PvP with each update. Sad.
    Edited by Ifthir_ESO on October 27, 2014 5:35PM
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They stealth nerfed the caltrops proc night before last..that doesn't work anymore and now that they've done that, the proc rate seems "off".
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on September 6, 2020 11:38PM
    Options
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    once again us nightblades find somthing to help us survive in pvp and you demand it be put to a stop.
    1st was the speed we had with the night mother set and you got that deleted and now we move on to a new thing and you demand it be removed also.

1. Twin Sisters set is broken. It proc's 100% of the time on some skills, e.g. crushing shock, flurry, etc. Only asking for a fix.
    2. Speed boost was broken.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how is this any different from the reflect skill of the dragonight? reflective scales? wings?
    why cant you just instantly heal your selves as you usually do?
    why is it that when YOU die you must with Great Persistance come to the forums and make threads that something is over powered when it NOT over powered. it only looks over powered to you because you have not yet found the counter for it.
    once again us nightblades find somthing to help us survive in pvp and you demand it be put to a stop.
    1st was the speed we had with the night mother set and you got that deleted and now we move on to a new thing and you demand it be removed also.

I'm noticing a trend with you....
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how is this any different from the reflect skill of the dragonight? reflective scales? wings?

Because this only requires the user to block, rather than use an active skill.

why cant you just instantly heal your selves as you usually do?
    why is it that when YOU die you must with Great Persistance come to the forums and make threads that something is over powered when it NOT over powered. it only looks over powered to you because you have not yet found the counter for it.

At least you admit you are biased in this thread because you use it. I guess there is that.

That got nerfed due to a certain invulnerable sorc who is shockingly nowhere to be found now that other exploits were 'fixed'.

Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You gotta love those people that think they will be better if they get everything thst defeats them nerfed.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Arowe_eso
    Arowe_eso
    ✭✭
    Post about it in the general forums, say it breaks immersion and they'll hotfix it out tonight
    V14 Nightblade DC
    V14 Sorc DC
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    it does not stack
    and it only rarely works

Works and stacks. This is all from the same enemy

fodl4m.jpg

It stacks in a sense..Basically the first hit will give the initial damage but you can't have 2 running at the same time.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We have a fix potentially going out with Update 5 that will address the rate this item set procs, which we can confirm is currently not working properly. We're still looking into the possible stacking issue, and will let you know when we have an update there.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a fix potentially going out with Update 5 that will address the rate this item set procs, which we can confirm is currently not working properly. We're still looking into the possible stacking issue, and will let you know when we have an update there.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Any reason some updates (typically PVE based) are hotfixed and some (typically PvP) wait until a full release?

It seems like this is causing a lot of pain for those of us in PvP, is there no way to roll out a fix sooner?
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so i guess those defending this overpowered piece of trash are wrong? thanks.

Options