The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO & controller support questions/help

NightDragon
NightDragon
✭✭
I just got an xbox 360 adapter to play pc games with it. I know that ESO does not support it 100% right now but are slowly implementing it. What I want to know is will I get in trouble if I try to use one right now? My main other question is do I need xpadder for it to work because I just used the cd that came with it and tried it on another game but I cant set it up. I'm new at this whole controller on a pc thing and would really like some help to set it up properly. Thank you
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @NightDragon,

At the present moment, ESO does not natively support the use of the Xbox 360 controller. You're welcome to use a program like Xpadder to use your controller, though it's not officially supported.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Hciliata
    Hciliata
    ✭✭
    You have to use an add on program with the controller. I have used keysticks successfully since launch, you could use xpadder instead. You will still probably want a cheap wireless keyboard because the controller doesn't have enough buttons for everything or for chatting. (I don't know whether xpadder supports the xbox little keyboard, but keysticks doesn't.) For example I still need a keyboard for 'H' to get my horse. You can try keysticks for free for roughly a week, maybe longer, and there are 'ESO' controller profiles you can find and download for that program. Make sure "number lock" is OFF on your keyboard!
    Options